Read-a-thon - (2013-2015)

Athena

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Frankie is right, our read-a-thon is on th 6th, 7th and 8th of February. We can move it to next weekend though if that works better for most people? I don't really mind either way, I think I have some time on both weekends.

My brain was just uncertain. I'm back on track now, though. ;) Thanks, ladies!

That's okay, it can happen and you're free to ask :).

I've made a little read-a-thon pile already. Aside from a few of my own books I hope to be reading a lot of library books that I borrowed. Is it too early to put up a list of all the books :D..

I'm guilty as well. I already have a mental list going. I might as well make it official, though. ;)

I plan to tie up any loose ends from the two I'm currently reading, pick up the next Flavia de Luce mystery and try to get a hold of either The Rosie Effect or the next one in the Brilliance series. Failing those two, The Remains of the Day is sitting patiently on my shelf.

I plan to tie up any loose ends from the two I'm currently reading, pick up the next Flavia de Luce mystery and try to get a hold of either The Rosie Effect or the next one in the Brilliance series. Failing those two, The Remains of the Day is sitting patiently on my shelf.

Which ever one you pick, I hope you enjoy all your reads :readingtwo::)!

Well, I plan to pick from the following (unless I've already read the book before then, as my library loans will be due in a bit I might read some of them before the actual read-a-thon):

Owned books

Ann M. Martin - The BabySitter's Club 26: Claudia and the Sad Goodbye (re-read)

A. C. Baantjer and Simon de Waal - De Waal & Baantjer 9: Een Tip van de Sluier

Geronimo Stilton - Fantasia 6: Fantasia VI (Sesto Viaggio Nel Regno Della Fantasia)

Disney - Donald Duck Dubbel Pocket 2 (re-read)

Henning Mankell - Kurt Wallander: Het Graf (Händelse Om Hösten)

Robin Cook - Autopsie (Drugs and Death in Key West)

Ulf Stark - Doldwazen En Druiloren (Dårfinkar och Dönickar)

Francine Oomen - Hoe Overleef Ik... 8: Hoe Overleef Ik Mijn Ouders? (En Zij Mij!)

(I don't know if I'll be reading all of these, but I plan to read at least the first two for sure, as that's kind of my 'tradition' now.)

Library Loans

Rachel Reneé Rusell - Dork Diaries 6: Tales From a Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker

E. B. White - Charlotte's Web (Colour Edition)

Geronimo Stilton - Fantasia 7: Fantasia VII (Viaggio Nel Regno Della Fantasia 7: Settimo Viaggio Nel Regno Della Fantasia)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 36: Een Diefstal Om Van Te Smullen (Lo Strano Caso Del Tiramisù)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 58: Grote Griezels: Een Gruwelsaurus! (Il Risveglio Del Brividosauro)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 64: Wie Wordt de Nieuwe Meesterchef? (La Gara Dei Supercuochi)

Geronimo Stilton - Geronimo Stilton 67: Op Missie in Moskou (Il Mistero Delle Sette Matrioske)

Geronimo Stilton - Robin Hood (Dutch translation)

Geronimo Stilton - Alice in Wonderland (Alice Nel Paese Delle Meraviglie)

Francine Oomen - Hoe Overleef Ik... 5: Hoe Overleef Ik Mezelf?

Francine Oomen - Hoe Overleef Ik... 6: Hoe Overleef Ik Een Gebroken Hart?

Francine Oomen - Hoe Overleef Ik... 7: Hoe Overleef Ik Met/Zonder Jou?

Francine Oomen - Hoe Overleef Ik... 10: Hoe Overleef Ik Met/Zonder Vrienden?

Francine Oomen - Hoe Overleef Ik... 11: Hoe Overleef Ik Mijn Vriendje? (En Hij Mij!)

Jacqueline Wilson - Girls 4: Girls in Tears

Jacqueline Wilson - Four Children and It

(I obviously won't be able to read all of these.. but I hope to read quite a few of them :) ).

Edited by Athena

I think that the next read-a-thon I'm going to try to get through re-reading the first two, possibly three Harry Potter books. Some easy reads to occupy my reading weekend  :D

Wow, Gaia! You really have it all mapped out. :) I hope it turns out to be a great weekend for reading.

BSchultz, that sounds like fun! I think someone did that last read-a-thon. I thought about doing that with my Thursday Next books for the same reason. I still might. Hmm...good thing I have time to decide.

I think that the next read-a-thon I'm going to try to get through re-reading the first two, possibly three Harry Potter books. Some easy reads to occupy my reading weekend  :D

I hope you enjoy them! I re-read all the books for the read-a-thon, one per month / read-a-thon (though because of the size of the last three books and because I was also reading other books, I didn't finish those during the read-a-thon). They are quite suitable for it I think! I hope you have lots of fun :).

Wow, Gaia! You really have it all mapped out. :) I hope it turns out to be a great weekend for reading.

BSchultz, that sounds like fun! I think someone did that last read-a-thon. I thought about doing that with my Thursday Next books for the same reason. I still might. Hmm...good thing I have time to decide.

Thanks DTR, I hope the same for all of us :). I also hope you can decide on your reads and that you enjoy what you end up reading :).

I'm hoping I pick up on some things I missed the first time. Especially foreshadowing of some sort now that I know the ending. It has been a long time since I've read the early books. 

I hope you enjoy them! I re-read all the books for the read-a-thon, one per month / read-a-thon (though because of the size of the last three books and because I was also reading other books, I didn't finish those during the read-a-thon). They are quite suitable for it I think! I hope you have lots of fun :).

Thanks DTR, I hope the same for all of us :). I also hope you can decide on your reads and that you enjoy what you end up reading :).

I agree. They are perfect for the read-a-thon. Relaxing, easy to read, and could read them for hours at a time. Also it would take awhile to run out of material :lol:

I hope that I'll have lots of time for reading this weekend - to finish Lady Oracle (half way through at the mo.) and The Giver to start  :smile: .

I wish you a fun read-a-thon this weekend :readingtwo:!

And everyone else, too, of course :). I know it's still Thursday but I'm excited about reading some books :) (though I am quite tired.. I don't know how much I'll be able to read in the next three days but we'll see).

I wish you a fun read-a-thon this weekend :readingtwo:!

And everyone else, too, of course :). I know it's still Thursday but I'm excited about reading some books :) (though I am quite tired.. I don't know how much I'll be able to read in the next three days but we'll see).

Thanks, and have a good weekend  :smile: .

I hope that I'll have lots of time for reading this weekend - to finish Lady Oracle (half way through at the mo.) and The Giver to start  :smile: .

I will definitely be reading this, it is on my long short list- I just can't do it atm.  But I will totally be looking forward to hearing what you and the group have to say about it!  :)

(though I am quite tired.. I don't know how much I'll be able to read in the next three days but we'll see).

Probably as much as me on a good day  :giggle2:  

I'm about more than 50% of the way through Season One of Yesterday's Gone, having only Episodes 5 and 6 left, so that is probably what I will continue with.  It will probably only take me through Friday or part of Saturday (it is way too terrifying for reading after evening or near bedtime... no, really, I am serious).  I don't know about doing Season Two yet, it depends on how Season One ends.

Probably as much as me on a good day  :giggle2:  

I'm about more than 50% of the way through Season One of Yesterday's Gone, having only Episodes 5 and 6 left, so that is probably what I will continue with.  It will probably only take me through Friday or part of Saturday (it is way too terrifying for reading after evening or near bedtime... no, really, I am serious).  I don't know about doing Season Two yet, it depends on how Season One ends.

Maybe :giggle2:.

I hope you enjoy the rest of Yesterday's Gone :)!

Happy reading, everyone :readingtwo:!

I've got bits and pieces to do around my apartment this weekend but I should be able to do a good amount of reading finally. This will be the first Read-a-thon I've been able to join in on for a while :D

I wish you a lot of fun :D:readingtwo:!

Here is my progress for yesterday:

Friday 06-02-2015

1h 10 mins, 340 pages, Rachel Reneé Rusell - Dork Diaries 6: Tales From a Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker

1h 10 mins, 133 pages, Ann M. Martin - The BabySitter's Club 26: Claudia and the Sad Goodbye (re-read)

1h 40 mins, 172 pages, A. C. Baantjer and Simon de Waal - De Waal & Baantjer 9: Een Tip van de Sluier

Total: 4h, 645 pages

Unfortunately, I got a bad headache in the afternoon (from a virus). I was dizzy and couldn't follow the words on the page anymore (I didn't think I read for 4 hours though.. I think it was shorter than that, but :shrug: this is what I wrote down. I think my speed slowed down drastically trying to follow the words when I was feeling so bad.). I spent a couple of hours in bed though I did manage to do a bit more reading in the evening. This morning I'm feeling a bit better than yesterday afternoon, so I hope to do some more reading today.

Happy Reading today :)!

I started The Giver last night. Only read a couple of chapters to far, but I'm hooked already  :smile: .

I'm glad you're enjoying it so far :).

Here's my progress for yesterday:

Saturday 07-02-2015

1h 35 mins, 383 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Fantasia 6: Fantasia VI (Sesto Viaggio Nel Regno Della Fantasia)

1h 25 mins, 510 pages, Disney - Donald Duck Dubbel Pocket 2 (re-read)

1h 35 mins, 184 pages, E. B. White - Charlotte's Web (Colour Edition)

1h, 200 pages, Geronimo Stilton - Fantasia 7: Fantasia VII (Viaggio Nel Regno Della Fantasia 7: Settimo Viaggio Nel Regno Della Fantasia)

Total: 5h 35 mins, 1277 pages

I read more than I thought I had! I was quite tired in the later afternoon. I got distracted by the computer and with my tiredness my reading slowed down a lot, I was tired so I couldn't read as much as I wanted to. Gladly in the evening I felt a little bit better so I managed to read for another hour or so then. I liked the books I read. So far today I've done some reading this morning, and I hope to do some more reading this afternoon (my library books are due in a few days so I suppose I'd better read some more for that at least :P).

Is everyone else who's reading this weekend, having fun too?

Don't feel bad! I've been a bit of a slacker this weekend. Friday I read three issues of Threads magazine cover to cover, skimmed through a book on sewing skirts and read half of another book on garments. Saturday, I went to parades and napped. Highly productive. :giggle2: Today I'm alternating between sewing and lazing around on here. Does reading posts count toward my totals?