What's up in January

Lilywhite

Ho

I spent all last week in the home office in Charlotte. The work that was scheduled for me wasn't ready and they wanted me to extend my employment until I could complete it. Instead, I cut short my schedule and now will retire at the end of this week instead of next week. They asked me if I would consider working part time on a part time "call basis", they would call when they needed me. LOL, I told them I would consider it. I have considered it and my answer will be ....no. btw, when in Charlotte a group took me out to dinner and at dinner a person that works for an Electric Utility Company asked me if I would consider going to work for them. I gave him my personal email address and my telephone number. Guess it doesn't hurt to listen to them. :)

You know that song from Oklahoma, 'I'm Just A Girl Who Caint Say No'?? Well, just change that to boy!! :D

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Work is closed today, but my manager didn't text until I was on the bus so I had to get off the bus then come back, and I just couldn't resist going back to bed!

Spent the day reading, watching The Gilmore Girls, and writing a polite but not very happy e-mail to amazon- who by the way can only it semed be contacted through their help centre, so who know where that e-mail will go.

You know that song from Oklahoma, 'I'm Just A Girl Who Caint Say No'?? Well, just change that to boy!! :D

That always makes me think of Faulty Towers, when Polly things it to entertain/distract the guests when all the usual crazy stuff is going on.

Loved Faulty Towers! :D

We drove to Houston, Tx this weekend, a round trip of 728 miles. We were supposed to stay two nights, but the hotel so royally screwed up our reservations that we only stayed the one night and turned around and came home the next day. Gak. They kept us waiting in the lobby/office for an hour and a half. I was steaming, and had a headache from driving westerly facing the sunset.

Well, we did manage to spend some time in the Houston Galleria, a 3 story, indoor shopping center the next morning. Two Starbucks, thankfully and loads of Expensive Stores. Yowee, didn't buy anything but a Texas keychain and a few stickers...oy. I am so underwhelmed by Houston.

That always makes me think of Faulty Towers, when Polly things it to entertain/distract the guests when all the usual crazy stuff is going on.

Fawlty Towers was brilliant. There have been so many excellent British TV comedy series. Dad's Army, 'Allo 'Allo, Are You Being Served, Keeping Up Appearances, The Vicar of Dibley, Blackadder, Mr Bean, ......the list goes on and on. Lately I've been watching Miranda ....think she's very funny too.

bree, those are magical! The mountains look like they are floating.

They glow eerily in the dark poppy.

I almost froze last night standing on the balcony watching them :D

Wow bree, that's a special place to live!

To me mountains mean holidays, since my own country is relatively flat.

We've been having snow for a while now, I'm looking forward to see it thaw and have the weather be better.

Oh boy I grew up watching Keeping Up Appearances, faulty towers, monty python movies, mr bean, 'Allo 'Allo, The Vicar of Dibley and Are You Being Served. I watched a little of black adder in my later years. I absolutely love John Cleese.

It stopped snowing last evening and the sky cleared - and we got a wonderful view of the sunset and the mountain range opposite ours-

Wow amazing! I would love to wake up and go to bed seeing those mountains everyday!

It stopped snowing last evening and the sky cleared - and we got a wonderful view of the sunset and the mountain range opposite ours-

What can i say that the others haven't already, those are awesome photos. What a view!!!

Hi Jules! Nice to see you back again.

Thank you :)

Well I for one am bitterly disappointed in the lack of snow around here :Tantrum: we have had a light dusting which has now disappeared and today it has been snowing all day and not one flake has stuck! So not fair.

I've almost completely recovered from the man flu just left with a horrible chesty cough every time I move. Work is still pants, I'm halfway through my week on helpline and only 5 weeks till I do it all again :7_mad:

Those pics are beautiful Bree.

I love British comedy. On the weekend I was staying at a friends house who has sky, I spent as much time as I could watching the comedies on UKTV. If I could afford it, I'd almost get Sky just for that, but then I'd never get any study done.

Colin Morgan won the Best Actor award at the NTAs last night.

I'm so delighted for him, he really deserved it :D

I saw that in the news this morning and thought of you Noll, it was a tough category too! I was pleased to see Miranda hart, Paul O'Grady and Mrs Brown's Boys get awards too.. :)

I saw that in the news this morning and thought of you Noll, it was a tough category too! I was pleased to see Miranda hart, Paul O'Grady and Mrs Brown's Boys get awards too.. :)

Yes, I was thrilled for Paul O'Grady and Brendan O'Carroll for winning those two things. Brilliant stuff. I adore Paul O'Grady, he's lovely.