TWILIGHT Saga by Stephenie Meyer

KW

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't afford all 4. And I won't be able to for quite some time. I still might get Twilight though.

Do you want my copy? I was going to give it to the charity shop. I don't want anything for it. Let me know. :roll:

Edit: I should mention it's like new, I don't break spines, fold down corners etc...

It most certainly will be loved!!! Twilight was the easiest read in the series by FAR! It'll get read plenty. And its so much more special a copy coz its a gift :roll::( :(

Nellie = awesome.

xxxxxxxxx

Is Royal Mail different to Airmail or is it another name for the same thing? Airmail takes 3 days max. Well, I got a book on ebay last Tuesday, so earliest it was posted was Wednesday, and I got it yesterday.

I've just finished the 4th book, Breaking Dawn today. I have to say I adored all the books and I'm gutted I've finished them...in the space of two weeks! I love Edward's character, he seems really gracious to me, especially in Eclipse (without spoiling I hope!) with the Bella/Jacob situation. I like how Stephenie Meyer reflects Bella's low self worth in the book as I think that's something every girl feels at some time or another in real life, I also engaged well with Bella's character as she's very clumsy and has bad luck - it could've been written about me!

Some parts of the 3rd and 4th books were dragged out a bit by descriptions but generally I don't view that as a bad thing as it does help me visualise the scenes the author is setting.

I give them 9/10!

I've just finished the 4th book, Breaking Dawn today. I have to say I adored all the books and I'm gutted I've finished them...in the space of two weeks! I love Edward's character, he seems really gracious to me, especially in Eclipse (without spoiling I hope!) with the Bella/Jacob situation. I like how Stephenie Meyer reflects Bella's low self worth in the book as I think that's something every girl feels at some time or another in real life, I also engaged well with Bella's character as she's very clumsy and has bad luck - it could've been written about me!

Some parts of the 3rd and 4th books were dragged out a bit by descriptions but generally I don't view that as a bad thing as it does help me visualise the scenes the author is setting.

I give them 9/10!

Glad to hear you finished these, Nessie! I know you were loving them, so glad to hear you still enjoyed them all the way through. :) Will it be hard for you to find something to read next, since you were such a big Twilight fan?

I love Edward's character, he seems really gracious to me,

Should give the Midnight Sun Partial Draft (on Stephanie's website) a read. I love Edward's character, and reading the draft added a real dark side to it, for me anyway. Seeing him through his own tortured eyes layers his character and gives it a depth I think it really deserves.

Glad to hear you finished these, Nessie! I know you were loving them, so glad to hear you still enjoyed them all the way through. :) Will it be hard for you to find something to read next, since you were such a big Twilight fan?

Thanks Bethany! Oooh I loved the whole series, it's going to be so hard to find something as good, I really adored the characters on a personal level. I loved Jasper and the relationship with Emmett is ace too!

I've started the second book in the Black Magician Trilogy but I find Trudi Canavan's style of writing hard to take in but will keep persevering!

I've posted on the forums for some suggestions too lol

Should give the Midnight Sun Partial Draft (on Stephanie's website) a read. I love Edward's character, and reading the draft added a real dark side to it, for me anyway. Seeing him through his own tortured eyes layers his character and gives it a depth I think it really deserves.

I actually had a glance at that on Stephenie's website and although I didnt get chance to read it I will give it a read this weekend. It's always great to see things through someone else's eyes too

Edited by Michelle
merged

I absolutely loved the series and I am devestated that I have finished the series, I was so used to reading when I was bored so I decided to try The Host, by Stephenie Meyer. I thought that nothing could be as great as Twilight but i was wrong, The Host is an amazing book I am about 3 quarters of the way through it and I am hooked!

Also has anyone got any suggestions about books that I could read once I am done?

:blush:

Edited by Kell
Added capitals - please see post in Rules, Guidelines and FAQ re this

I've only read Twilight (since I wanted to have read the book before watching the film when it came out), but I'm going to most likely be reading the rest of the series after I finish the one I'm currently on. I really loved Twilight, and a friend of mine (who's a great fan of the books) tells me that the rest of the books are just as wonderful, if not better.

casey, are you looking for more vamp books/series to read? If so, I might have a few suggestions :blush: