The Last Film You Saw ~ Part 2

Chrissy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After writing that post on the movies and HCjr, I googled him some more (or did I already say that in my previous post, I can't remember) and found out that he also sings :o I was a bit stunned. I searched him on Spotify and there were loads of CDs by him :) I had no idea that he was doing music way before he got into serious acting. Thanks for the movie titles, I've written them down!

I wrote that title down, too. I should start a thread on movies recommended by you and watched by me :D

Good idea, Frankie! We need to share the good-film-love :D HCJr is a great singer, and so good for jazz and the old standards! He's from New Orleans originally and I just can never get nough of his voice.

No, we seriously don't! So how do those houses get to be on the ice? Are new ones built every year, and who the heck hauls them on the ice, or do they use the same ones year in, year out? I think the first time I came across with an ice-house was on Frasier, when Martin took Frasier and Niles ice-fishing. It seemed they did a lot more than just ice-fish, I think they did a bit of drinking :D I can't believe you guys have TVs and fridges and stuff in them, that's just... pretty well equipped!

The fish houses are usually about 12 x 12 feet (3.65 meters) square and are on skis so they can be dragged out onto the ice. People who haul fish houses most of the time own pickup trucks, and they pull them out to their spot on the ice. They are generally used over and over and yeah, put people (guys mostly) in a heated house with a fridge for beer and a fishing pole and they are good for days! :lol:

I saw The Hobbit over the weekend which was excellent, and exhausting I might add! Lots of action and running to be had. Mr. Peacefield (Aidan Turner) looked great, as usual!

Sunday night we watched Something Borrowed, and it was OK. Sort of a frustrating romantic comedy, but it had its moments.

Good idea, Frankie! We need to share the good-film-love :D HCJr is a great singer, and so good for jazz and the old standards! He's from New Orleans originally and I just can never get nough of his voice.

The fish houses are usually about 12 x 12 feet (3.65 meters) square and are on skis so they can be dragged out onto the ice. People who haul fish houses most of the time own pickup trucks, and they pull them out to their spot on the ice. They are generally used over and over and yeah, put people (guys mostly) in a heated house with a fridge for beer and a fishing pole and they are good for days! :lol:

I saw The Hobbit over the weekend which was excellent, and exhausting I might add! Lots of action and running to be had. Mr. Peacefield (Aidan Turner) looked great, as usual!

Sunday night we watched Something Borrowed, and it was OK. Sort of a frustrating romantic comedy, but it had its moments.

Those fish houses remind me of the movies Grumpy Old Men and Grumpier Old Men. I think there was a third one too Grumpiest Old Men.

I last watched a film called Knowing.

Those fish houses remind me of the movies Grumpy Old Men and Grumpier Old Men. I think there was a third one too Grumpiest Old Men.

Oh yeah! I completely forgot about those films, Kreader. Frankie, if you watch any of those you'll see what I mean about fish houses. Plus, they were filmed/set in Minnesota! :D

Last night I half-watched J. Edgar with Leo D. It was pretty good, of what I saw, anyway.

The Life of Pi and it was stunning .. absolutely gorgeous to look at and so moving. It was some time ago that I read the book so I'm not entirely sure how faithful it was but I was needlessly worrying that they might have butchered it. Preferred it to The Hobbit which was too padded out for my liking (though I still liked it).

I do want to see Les Mis so hopefully soon.

I never want to see a trailer for Wreck-It Ralph again :banghead:

Over the holidays I saw Brave and Arthur Christmas .. enjoyed both and eventually caught up with Julie & Julia .. excellent.

The Life of Pi and it was stunning .. absolutely gorgeous to look at and so moving. It was some time ago that I read the book so I'm not entirely sure how faithful it was but I was needlessly worrying that they might have butchered it.

I do want to see Les Mis so hopefully soon.

The trailer for Life of Pi certainly look good. As for Les Mis, I am dying to see it, but fear I may sing too loudly, and cry too much! :blush2:

The trailer for Life of Pi certainly look good. As for Les Mis, I am dying to see it, but fear I may sing too loudly, and cry too much! :blush2:

I'm planning on watching Les Mis on my own during the day when the kids are at school for that reason... :D

Edited by chaliepud

I positively *bawled*! I think others did as well, so you wouldn't be alone!

Oh yeah! I completely forgot about those films, Kreader. Frankie, if you watch any of those you'll see what I mean about fish houses. Plus, they were filmed/set in Minnesota! :D

Last night I half-watched J. Edgar with Leo D. It was pretty good, of what I saw, anyway.

I found a clip of The Grumpy Old Men at war with each other :giggle2:

I watched The Holiday last night . Cameron Diaz was just....well, Cameron Diaz but Kate Winslet was awesome as always. I was surprised and happy to see Eli Wallach as Arthur the old guy.

I watched The Holiday last night . Cameron Diaz was just....well, Cameron Diaz but Kate Winslet was awesome as always. I was surprised and happy to see Eli Wallach as Arthur the old guy.

I like it .. it's Christmas cheese really but enjoyable Christmas cheese. The Winslet (on screen) is always good value. I loved the scenery too, especially the Cotswolds scenery .. would love to live in Kate's (fictional) house. Wasn't keen on Jack Black but I am slightly allergic :D Lovely to see Eli though :)

I like it .. it's Christmas cheese really but enjoyable Christmas cheese. The Winslet (on screen) is always good value. I loved the scenery too, especially the Cotswolds scenery .. would love to live in Kate's (fictional) house. Wasn't keen on Jack Black but I am slightly allergic :D Lovely to see Eli though :)

It does look lovely Kay, and I hate to spoil the illusion but it was filmed in Surrey - although the road scenes were filmed in Worcestershire, it's mostly Surrey!

We watched Where Do We Go Now? this evening and I loved it just as much as when I saw it in the cinema.

That's hilarious, Kreader! Thanks for posting :D

Lost in Translation was on TV again tonight so I had to watch it to get away from the horrible football game I was watching. I love that movie so much. I own it but always have to stop and sit down for a few and enjoy it when it comes on.

I watched The Shining for the first time. :o

I just watched the tail-end of a New Zealand horror flick (or is it supposed to be a comedy?) called Black Sheep, in which a genetic engineering experiment 'turns harmless sheep into blood-thirsty killers that terrorise a sprawling New Zealand farm'. It was even more bizarre and funny than you might think.

Now watching the brilliant Katharine Hepburn in Long Day's Journey into Night.

It does look lovely Kay, and I hate to spoil the illusion but it was filmed in Surrey - although the road scenes were filmed in Worcestershire, it's mostly Surrey!

Ahh there you go, my mind just immediately thought Cotswolds when I saw the scenery, I guess Worcestershire is not that far away. Anyway, it looked lovely and homely, the high-tech LA house would be my idea of a nightmare .. I hate big open spaces (it would be my mission to clutter it all up :D) Everything high-tech in my house ends up not working, although I probably have cut-price high-tech if the truth be told :blush2: