Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a new book shop in town today where the price seemed to be fixed at £2 whereI picked up UnLundun - China Mieville which I have read before but don't own and two graohic novels one called Mad Night - Richard sala which seems to be a crime caper and The Nightmare Factory based on the stories of Thomas Ligotti which seems to be horror stories. love it. Also finished a couple of books on the kindle this morning.

Finally finished Every Which Way But Dead - taken me a whole week! :irked: Also needed a pick-me-up this weekend so I bought:

Prophecy: Child of Light by F. E. Heaton

White Cat by Holly Black

and decided to start using the sample option for Kindle on some books I'm not sure about, and have downloaded the following samples to try:

Weight by Jeanette Winterson (part of Canongate Myths series of which I've enjoyed all the books I've read so far)

Sunset Song by Lewis Grassic Gibbon

Oh Mexico! Love and Aventures in Mexico City by Lucy Neville

In The Dolphin's Wake by Harry Bucknall

A Summer in Gascony by Martin Calder

Thumbs Up Australia by Tom Parry

ETA: just added a few more samples:

The Wedding Officer by Anthony Capella

The Empress of Ice Cream by Anthony Capella

The Various Flavours of Coffee by Anthony Capella

The Death of Grass by John Christopher

Edited by chesilbeach

Great read, just finished 'Perfect Match' ~ Jodi Picoult. Next read is going to be 'Blackbird House' ~ Alice Hoffman (at least I don't think I have read it, although does sound familiar)

Half way through White Cat, and I'm liking it so far.

Resistance was futile today and the lure of amazon has delivered two more books to my Kindle:

Something Borrowed by Paul Magrs (second in the Brenda and Effie series)

A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison (fifth in the Hollows series)

Resistance was futile today and the lure of amazon has delivered two more books to my Kindle:

Something Borrowed by Paul Magrs (second in the Brenda and Effie series)

A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison (fifth in the Hollows series)

Nice, both good books I am reading a couple of freebies I downloaded of my kindle can't remember what one of them is but so far its not to bad. :D

I have been struggling with Reading Lolita in Tehran, and my other two books (The Noonday Demon and The Master and Margarita) have been languishing for weeks, so I have decided to abandon all three.

Prior to this year I had never abandoned a book before, and now I've abandoned four. :( It's wreacking havoc with my reading lists and spreadsheets because there are gaps and odd colours all over the place. I hate leaving things incomplete in this way, but I know it's for the best. I intend to finish all four books eventually, but my reading mojo just isn't up to them right now.

For a few days I've been craving a rollicking good adventure story, so I've gone with Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson, and it's definitely hitting the spot so far. :D

For a few days I've been craving a rollicking good adventure story, so I've gone with Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson, and it's definitely hitting the spot so far. :D

A real classic :cool::)

I finished The Hanging Shed. It was okay, a bit like a Scottish version of Jack Reacher, but I got fed up with things being described as 'wee' or characters saying "ah ken, ah ken" :rolleyes:

Now onto the second Dresden Files book, Fool Moon.

Finished the Girl on the Swing by Ali Cooper and really loved it.

Started a mammoth read by Patrick Rothfuss called The Name of the Wind: The Kingkiller Chronicle: Book 1

I started The Name of The Wind but didn't have time to finish it before I had to return it. I wanna start that up again as it was starting to get good.

I've only got a dozen pages of Susan Hill's Victorian ghost story,'The Mist In The Mirror' left to read,and will finish it tonight,and expecting a great ending!

I started The Name of The Wind but didn't have time to finish it before I had to return it. I wanna start that up again as it was starting to get good.

So far I am enjoying it - especially the style of writing...