Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 15

Janet

Half way thru Norwegian Per Petterson's Out Stealing Horses. Excellent. Ordered Awakening by William Horwood,and bought The Mist In The Mirror by Susan Hill & The Sword Of Shame by The Medieval Murderers in charity shops. :readingtwo:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you like CJ Box's books?

I do quite like them this is the third one I have read admittedly the first one was free or at least extremely cheap on the kindle :D but I have since then read a couple others. I am not sure they will ever be top of my list of things to read but they are certainly worth looking at when I am short of other things to read. I like the idea of a game warden who has this vast interesting territory to police as its something so alien tp the UK.

I am currently reading Paul Magrs The Bride that Time forgot the latest in his series set in Whitby which I love for its quirkiness, I love Brenda she is brilliant.

I do quite like them this is the third one I have read admittedly the first one was free or at least extremely cheap on the kindle :D but I have since then read a couple others. I am not sure they will ever be top of my list of things to read but they are certainly worth looking at when I am short of other things to read. I like the idea of a game warden who has this vast interesting territory to police as its something so alien tp the UK.

I am currently reading Paul Magrs The Bride that Time forgot the latest in his series set in Whitby which I love for its quirkiness, I love Brenda she is brilliant.

Would you describe it as a whodunit mystery or is more of a thriller suspense? Not sure if those are the same thing. LOL

Would you describe it as a whodunit mystery or is more of a thriller suspense? Not sure if those are the same thing. LOL

difficult to say there is an element of both really there is usually a body involved but it has more of the feel of a thriller (hows about that for a non answer :D )

How can I argue with that,bone collector it is :)

Excellent! I noticed your post on the Jeffery Deaver thread, I'm so glad you're enjoying the book so much! :smile2:

If I read them before you get them, they are yours ;)

Oh no, I wouldn't ask that of you, you keep them and enjoy them! :smile2:

I have about 100 pages left of Lolita. My copy has 371 pages, and I had a funny moment last night when I was reading the book and noticed that I was on page 422 (when it should've been 242) :D I was like, have I already read the whole book and have now moved on to another one?! Brilliant typo! I also noticed that the last owner had marked down their address and telephone number at the back of the book. 'Stockholm's Street', it says!

I've read quite a bit recently, some good & some not so good. I'll list them on my book thread. I've also bought/downloaded so much I've lost track :blush:

Anyhoo ..(moving swiftly on) :unsure:.. I am currently enjoying the Prophecy series by F E Heaton, reading the second half of book 3 :)

Finished Sputnik Sweetheart- Haruki Murakami today and started The Terrible Privacy of Maxwell Simm- Jonathan Coe, just got to a funny bit where

the guy beside hm on the plane dies without him noticing, because he is so focused on 'making a new friend' lol

Reading Elsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin, very quirky and an unusual slant on the afterlife but looking like a great light read, not sure if it is YA but could be...

Just had notification that Amazon have posted Stealing Phoenix by Joss Stirling ( the sequel to Finding Sky) to me, will have it in time for my holiday, woo hoo!!! :doowapstart:

Edited by chaliepud

Kenny asking if that is in preparation for No.4 coming out in November?

Sorry missed this Inver, yes it is; been meaning to get the rest for a while so I thought I'd try get through the first three before Inheritance hits the stores.

My book activity today has consisted solely of packing books for the holidays.

Edited by Ben

Sounds great!

War Damage promised more than it delivered, I'm afraid. In the end it turned out to be a fairly standard murder whodunnit - main problem, I think, was that it didn't really have any characters who engaged me. By trade Elizabeth Wilson is a "cultural historian", whatever that is, and it just shows that being able to write a good novel is a very highly developed skill that not everyone has. It was OK, but that's all.

I'm now reading 32 Programmes by Dave Roberts, the story of one man's life as told through the 32 football programmes (out of a collection of over 1,000) that his wife allows him to take with them when they move to America.

I am reading, and thoroughly and totally enthralled by Ali Smith's 'Girl Meets Boy'.

Claire, you are a marvel! :friends3:

Yay! So pleased you're enjoying it Chrissy :smile2:

I'm still reading Mockingjay, but should finish it today, and not sure what to read next.

Finished Mockingjay last night & have started The Dark is Rising by Susan Cooper.

I've just finished Mockingjay too! The Hunger Games was an excellent trilogy.

I read The Dark Is Rising over Christmas - another excellent book, and I've read the first two in the series now, and have the others on my wishlist. Hope you enjoy it, Kidsmum. :smile2:

I've picked up Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris and Every Which Way But Dead by Kim Harrison from the library, downloaded three free books on my Kindle - The Charmer, Scent of Danger and The Golden Bell by Autumn Dark and also downloaded a few samples of some travel/memoirs to see if I like them before buying. A most fruitful day of activity. :cool: