Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer

Excellent! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :)

I've decided to put my other reading to one side and concentrate on The Novel in the Viola. I've only just made a start but I think I am going to enjoy it. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

Ooh, I only just found out about this for the first time yesterday. I can't wait to hear what you think.

I've just finished Breath, and I loved the first two thirds of the book, and I loved his writing style, but I have issues with the last third - I'll write a proper review over in my reading blog, but I will definitely be adding Cloudstreet and some of his others to my wishlist.

Good to hear (about you adding Cloudstreet to your wishlist). :)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing. Absolutely no activity. :(

Charm, you can have some of mine :D My mojo is buzzing (I don't understand it) - trouble is there is just not enough to time get through all the books mounting up.......

Excellent! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. :)

Ooh, I only just found out about this for the first time yesterday. I can't wait to hear what you think.

Will do Kylie :) I'm enjoying it so far but will report back on it later.

Charm, you can have some of mine :D My mojo is buzzing (I don't understand it) - trouble is there is just not enough to time get through all the books mounting up.......

Aw thanks! :friends0: I'm actually considering reading now, so it's helping already!

Enjoy your mojo, and remember - keep feeding it cookies ;)

My mojo is missing and presumed dead at this stage. Then again, I've had a lot on my mind lately.

I am gradually making my way through The Crimson Petal & The White, and finding it very enjoyable.

Started Corvus by Esther Woolfson (actual book) today and read the first few chapters, but feel it will be a dip in and out of book, so then made a start on The Ask and the Answer by Patrick Ness (Kindle), and I'm completely hooked on already.

I seem to be reading 3 books at once because none of them have held my attention all that much but I am going to throw them all down and start the new BDB book I received today Lover Unleashed :D

I seem to be reading 3 books at once because none of them have held my attention all that much but I am going to throw them all down and start the new BDB book I received today Lover Unleashed :D

I can't wait to hear what you think of 'Lover Unleashed' pickle, my copy is on its way :)

My mojo is missing and presumed dead at this stage. Then again, I've had a lot on my mind lately.

I feel your pain :empathy: Maybe they're tearing up Dublin together? The little minxes :irked:

Nice to see you back hunny :friends0:

I can't wait to hear what you think of 'Lover Unleashed' pickle, my copy is on its way :)

Oh this is so unfair!!! I keep forgetting to order this :hissyfit:

I feel like fulfilling my sudden need to be smarty pantsy: Why don't you order it now when you can and remember :giggle:

I haven't done any reading today whatsoever, unlike I planned. I'll be going to bed soon with Fry though.

I like being bossy but get ordering that book hen! :giggle:

I'm almost finished 'Waking the Witch' by Kelley Armstrong (I have missed those Otherworld gals!) :)

Started and finished it last night (yes 5-6 hours uniterupted reading and a late night I am dead at work today) It was a return to form I think a really good one, better than some of the later ones, not a lot of the Lessers in it a few new characters but the stort between Payne and Manny was a return, features some of V and Jane but not a lot about the other brothers except Quinn.

Hope you enjoy it :D

I'll be going to bed soon with Fry though.

Lucky girl! wink.gif

I unexpectedly bought several books last night (Frankie, remember the shop in the Plaza that was selling some books for $3? If it was $3 they've gone up in price...to $4).

Kerry Greenwood: Dead Man's Chest

Kerry Greenwood: Flying Too High

Nancy Mitford: Love in a Cold Climate

Evelyn Waugh: A Little Order

Evelyn Waugh: Waugh in Abyssinia

I was saddened to learn today the Diana Wynne Jones passed away earlier this week. She was a wonderful author and I will treasure her books for years to come. If you haven't read any of her work do, you won't be sorry.

I'm also at a loss as to what to read next at the moment, I think I might leave it for a few days to see if anything draws me in.

Spent some time on the balcony reading "Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman" by Haruki Murakami in the sunlight. It's a collection of short stories, and I'm almost through it. Enjoying it very much, it's quiet and contemplative. It was nice with a change from the heavy sci-fi.

I unexpectedly bought several books last night (Frankie, remember the shop in the Plaza that was selling some books for $3? If it was $3 they've gone up in price...to $4).

Kerry Greenwood: Dead Man's Chest

Kerry Greenwood: Flying Too High

Nancy Mitford: Love in a Cold Climate

Evelyn Waugh: A Little Order

Evelyn Waugh: Waugh in Abyssinia

I definitely remember that place, I got my Juliet, Naked from there, and some others. And that's where I picked up Skippy Dies. I loved the very randomness of their selection, and the cheap prices! It was $3 yep, so they've gone up in price. $4 is still not bad at all.

Awww crappety crapp, you got Kerry Greenwoods!!! :lol: Nice, SCORE!!! I'm envious :cool: And the one that was on FTBC as well. I don't know anything about the other books, haven't read Brideshead Revisited yet, but Fry keeps mentioning Evelyn Waugh from time to time :)

Edited by frankie

Just seen that some of Guy Gavriel Kay's books have been re-issued here in the UK, so had to get my own copy of his magnificent Tigana, which I borrowed from a friend last year, and also Under Heaven, which I haven't read before :D

I feel like fulfilling my sudden need to be smarty pantsy: Why don't you order it now when you can and remember :giggle:

I haven't done any reading today whatsoever, unlike I planned. I'll be going to bed soon with Fry though.

Yeah, ok ok, smarty pants :P Point taken! :lol:

I like being bossy but get ordering that book hen! :giggle:

I will, I will! I don't like ordering just one book, seems like such a waste of free postage, I need to see which one, or two, or three, or maybe even 4 books I want to order at the same time. :giggle2:

I was going to suggest two books Charm (because the third comes up next month) but they have zombies but they are not scary zombies, they just moan a lot :giggle: (because they are zombies) :)

I was going to suggest two books Charm (because the third comes up next month) but they have zombies but they are not scary zombies, they just moan a lot :giggle: (because they are zombies) :)

Moaning is the worst part! :hide: *shakes uncontrollably*

Lucky girl! wink.gif

Lol I was wondering if someone would have got in before me. I hear he is more interested in men though....

I finished One of Our Thursdays is Missing- Jasper Fforde today. Not sure what to read next

I've got 55 pages left of The Weed Strings the Hangman's Bag, so I'm about to log off and hopefully finish it tonight! I'll try and post my thoughts this weekend :D.