Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

No reading cause no mojo :( .... it just up and left :dunno:

What did I do wrong?

Did I hurt it's feelings somehow?

Is it just too exhausted to read anymore?

Or maybe I haven't been giving it enough cookies lately?

Oh mojo, come back! Pleeeaasseee!!! :hissyfit:

Maybe ours have run off together. :( I don't lose my mojo very often, but it hasn't been around much at all lately. :(

On the upside, I'm going to a massive book fair tomorrow to try and entice my mojo back by buying loads more books. mocking.gif

In other (rather exciting) book activity, I have just signed up for the Discworld Convention that's on in a couple of weeks in my very own home town! Sir Terry Pratchett himself will be there! biggrin.gif I'm excited and a little nervous because I haven't read nearly enough Discworld books.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really excited as I have started reading Perfume by Patrick Suskind and am finding it the best book I have read in ages.

I loved this book and I thought the film did it justice too

*Packs parcel of cookies and hires Hedwig to deliver to Charm's a.w.o.l. mojo*

I have been letting my mojo guide my reading, despite having titles in mind. I haven't read anything for a week or two now but this morning my mojo lead me to throw 'Neverwhere' by Neil Gaiman. Mojo is happy. :blush:

Maybe ours have run off together. :( I don't lose my mojo very often, but it hasn't been around much at all lately. :(

On the upside, I'm going to a massive book fair tomorrow to try and entice my mojo back by buying loads more books. mocking.gif

In other (rather exciting) book activity, I have just signed up for the Discworld Convention that's on in a couple of weeks in my very own home town! Sir Terry Pratchett himself will be there! biggrin.gif I'm excited and a little nervous because I haven't read nearly enough Discworld books.

You have my sympathy, I feel your pain :( I bet they're having an international chinwag together, or winding up Jasper! Maybe that's why he's scratching so much? :giggle2:

But get you, a convention with Sir Terry Pratchett himself .. wow! If a massive book fair combined with that doesn't tempt your mojo, I think you're screwed my friend :unsure:

*Packs parcel of cookies and hires Hedwig to deliver to Charm's a.w.o.l. mojo*

I have been letting my mojo guide my reading, despite having titles in mind. I haven't read anything for a week or two now but this morning my mojo lead me to throw 'Neverwhere' by Neil Gaiman. Mojo is happy. :blush:

*fights with Hedwig among a flurry of feathers to get to cookies*

Fanks *sniff!* :snack:

Oooh I'll be keeping an eye out to see what you think of Neverwhere, I like Neil Gaiman ;)

I am now about halfway through The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, which I am finding fascinating. Technically it's non fiction, but like most good books of that style and genre, it reads written very much like a story, so it seems as if you are reading fiction when in actual fact you are not. I have found myself reading a lot more non fiction this year.

Discworld fans are a pretty friendly lot, they don't point and laugh at the newbies (they just hit them over the head with their Ninja Morris Poles!).

Have fun at the bookfair, and try to leave some trees standing for the rest of us!

I couldn't sleep last night so I ended up finishing Rivers of London I will do a proper review of it later. I started Jo Nesbo - The Leopard this morning loving it so far, if only I didn't have to come into the office.

Finished The Magic Cottage by James Herbert last night (I just love that book!) :)

Starting Mrs Harris goes to Paris by Paul Gallico today and have ordered two of my allowed freebies off the Amazon Vine Club: Eagle (first part of a Saladin Trilogy) and The Novel in the Viola. I'm looking forward to reading these.

About halfway through Tempest Rising and will probably finish it this afternoon. :smile2:

Finished The Magic Cottage by James Herbert last night (I just love that book!) :)

Starting Mrs Harris goes to Paris by Paul Gallico today and have ordered two of my allowed freebies off the Amazon Vine Club: Eagle (first part of a Saladin Trilogy) and The Novel in the Viola. I'm looking forward to reading these.

Ooo Sue, I'm jealous! I really want to read The Novel in the Viola! Hoping it will be available on Kindle as soon as the hardback is published, but I suspect even if it is, it will be a bit pricey, so I might have to wait for a while to get it :(

ETA: Just checked amazon and the Kindle version is available on the same day as the hardback and pre-order price is £6.99 so not too expensive. What a great start to the weekend! :b7ydance:

Edited by chesilbeach

I just finished Divine by Choice by PC Cast - which to be honest, turned out a little disappointing. I have also read more of Dear Fatty, which is definately not!

Edited by Jessi

Discworld fans are a pretty friendly lot, they don't point and laugh at the newbies (they just hit them over the head with their Ninja Morris Poles!).

Have fun at the bookfair, and try to leave some trees standing for the rest of us!

I don't know what Ninja Morris Poles are. :( Are you trying to make me more paranoid, Raven?

I had a great time at the book fair. I'm staring at my piles of books now and wondering where on earth I'm going to put them and when I'll ever get to read them. I'll post a list in my reading thread later. :)

I don't know what Ninja Morris Poles are. :( Are you trying to make me more paranoid, Raven?

Time to read Lords and Ladies then! (but don't do that unless you have read Equal Rites, Wyrd Sisters and Witches Abroad first!).

Glad you enjoyed the book fair, when do you move to a bigger apartment library? :)

Edited by Raven

I've had a lot of days of recently so, I decided to tackle my rather ominous TBR pile. Finished The Grapes of Wrath and Lord of the Flies, and I've just started To the Lighthouse, which so far, has proved to be an interesting purchase.

I started Ali Smith's collection of short stories, Free Love and other stories. Read the first three stories so far, and already captivated. More than any other author I've read, Smith seems to infuse her writing with a joyousness I've never experienced in other books.