Your Book Activity Today ~ Thread 14

Chrissy

Finished The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - it delivered what it promised and was an interesting read from both the moral and scientific standpoint, despite it's non fiction status, written very much like a novel. Definately one I would recommend, particularly for those who like to ponder on the deeper questions.

I am now going to try something quite different - a book called Three Men in a Float, which is about 3 English guys who bought a second hand milk float on Ebay and drove it from the most easterly point in Britain (Lowestoft) the the most westerly (Land's End). It sounds a bit like another book I recently read called Round Ireland with a Fridge.

Edited by Talisman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to get a few interesting books from the library this afternoon.

Scaramouche - Sabatini

The Cry of the Sloth - sam Savage

Newton and the Counterfeiter - Thomas Levenson

The spy who haunted me - Simon Green

Also still reading The Leopard - Jo Nesbo

I got many lovely hours of reading in this afternoon and am about halfway finished with The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag. I'm heading to Half Price Books tomorrow, ready to use my coupon! :D

I have just finished one of mills and boon books, got so many of them 'The Stranger and Tessa Jones', I really enjoyed it, stupid me, cried my eyes out. Now I am going to read Nora Roberts 'Montana Sky'

I'm about three quarters of the way through Percy Jackson and the Battle of the Labyrinth. Great series! I'm also a couple of chapters into The Fool's Girl by Celia Rees. I keep switching between reading them both because they're both so good!

I finished 'Neverwhere' by Neil Gaiman last night, then went on to dream about all the characters during the night. A brilliant, evocative quirky and compelling read. what more can I say? Loved it! :D

I decided to keep going with the house of night series so I'm now reading Chosen. I also did a little book buying yesterday and picked up

The Clan of the Cave Bear Jean Marie Auel

The Valley of Horses Jean Marie Auel

The Mammoth Hunters Jean Marie Auel

The Plains of Passage Jean Marie Auel

The Shelters of Stone Jean Marie Auel

Burned P.C and Kristin Cast

Afterlife Claudia Gray

Merlin's Harp Anne Elliot Crompton

Edited by page turner

I forgot to mention that on Friday I spent a huge amount of money on books! I got 13 books for just under £10. :D

All in excellent condition....

X6 Dorothy L Sayer 'Lord Peter Wimsey' books.

Cornelia Funke's 'Inkheart', 'Inkspell' and 'Inkdeath'.

Linda Fairstein's 'Hell's Gate'

A pristine copy of Audrey Niffenegger's 'The Time Traveler's Wife' (to replace my falling apart copy).

Val McDermid' 'Clean Break' &

William Horwood's 'Duncton Wood', a book I adored as a child but had forgotten about until I saw this copy. :)

My lovely fella brought me Room - Emma Donoghue yesterday, id only mentioned that id like it the once and he brought it for me :D

He's a keeper :giggle2:

I'm currently reading The Fry Chronicles and I'm really enjoying it, no surprise there.

I'm currently reading The Fry Chronicles and I'm really enjoying it, no surprise there.

Is that Stephen Fry Frankie?? We will have to agree to differ there, I would queue up and pay to slap that bloke....

I haven't read anything for 3 days. Not through choice though...

Is that Stephen Fry Frankie?? We will have to agree to differ there, I would queue up and pay to slap that bloke....

I haven't read anything for 3 days. Not through choice though...

Stephen Fry indeed. But why the heck would you want to slap the poor fella?!? :huh: Or am I missing some British irony here.

I just started reading 'Waking the Witch' by Kelley Armstrong :)

Edited by Weave

Received Eagle by Jack Hight and The Novel in the Viola by Natasha Solomons and reading Of Human Bondage by Somerset Maugham on the kindle.