Angel's Reading List 2007

Angel

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you - Katie Fforde is certainly uplifting. I've just come through an intensely stressful fortnight (both parents ill,) and this book has lifted my spirits alot. I've read Flora's Lot, Stately Pursuits and Paradise Fields - all good! I'd like to try Restoring Grace

We seem to be Louise as we're often reading the same or similar books :blush:

D'you think its that or just that our lives are quite similar (working mothers) so we need certain things at certain times, or am I being too deep, certainly we read certain books and I know that if you like it I probably will too.

I think you could be right Louise not only as working mothers but working under similar conditions! Both stressed out, trying to meet Government targets, ever changing goalposts, dealing with people all day (children for you are as demanding as my patients!) etc etc. Similarly, if you enjoy a book or author then I know that it's a fair bet that I would :blush: .

Finished The Abortionist's Daughter. I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would despite the rather off-putting title. This could have been a difficult balance to strike without the author causing contraversy, due to some of the subject matter, but I think Elizabeth Hyde manages to pull it off. Although I enjoyed it I don't think that I would be in a rush to reread it

Now starting Earthly Joys by Philippa Gregory

Finished The Abortionist's Daughter. I enjoyed it far more than I thought I would despite the rather off-putting title.
I actually found the title slightly odd, even after finishing the book - almost as if the daughter herself wasn't a person in her own right and only warranting being referred to as someone's daughter. Strangely, I thought it badly titled, but a very decent read.

Finished The Firemaster's Mistress - a very good read. I thought that it presented a diiferent view on how the events leading up to the Gunpowder plot may have taken place. Would definately recommend this one

Now reading Cranford - by Elisabeth Gaskell