Angel's Reading List 2007

Angel

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the different stories don't you

They were fascinating - despite my aversion to war stories, I found myself wanting to know about Julien. I had correctly guessed the inevitable outcome. It was a well written novel - just wish I was less tired to appreciate it more/

H&D wrote

Read Lilac Bus a long time ago and can't remember a lot about it - is it different people's stories who have moved to Dublin?

I've only just started it (50 pages in) but that does seem the basic plotline. At least I won't have to think about it!!!

Started a book by Jean Plaidy - The Revolt of the Eagles :D

I completely miss-read that as "Revolting Eagles" :D

Sorry - hope you enjoy it! I have a couple of Jean Plaidy books on my own TBR mountain...

• 2 weeks later...

Reading The Prince of Darkness made me realise how little I knew about King John. I certainly didn't realise what a nasty piece of work he was. In fact this plantagenate series by Jean Plaidy was very readable and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I just need to get the first book in the series from the library.

Started The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell &Dustin Thomason

Reading The Prince of Darkness made me realise how little I knew about King John. I certainly didn't realise what a nasty piece of work he was. In fact this plantagenate series by Jean Plaidy was very readable and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I just need to get the first book in the series from the library.

Be careful!?!:lol: History in the Middle Ages that most people use to research was recorded by the church and PJ did not treat the church very well!

Although the Ruke of Four was inspired by the Da Vinci code, quite difficult to get into. Ending seemed to drag on a bit.
I found this one very stilted - possibly the result of two writers attempting to work together - the story felt quite fragmented to me too. I read it almost 2 years ago now and still have never bothered to look for anything else by these authors. You can see my review HERE.

Louise - believe me my knowledge of that era is very limited indeed - we did not cover it at all. Therefore any gleaned from JP is an improvement :roll:. My history teacher thought that Greek mythology was more important for nearly 2 yrs - the school was horrifed when they found out :lol:

Kell. this book really did nothing for me at all - I also will not be seeking out either author

I've managed to fill most of the gaps over the years - mainly due to my own interest, so much so that Tiger often grills me about many of our past monarchs, the dates they reigned and what events some of them are famous for :lol:. I may look out for that one though - thanks