Angel's Reading List 2007

Angel

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished Innocent Traitor this evening. A very good read - a very real attempt to get behind the story of Lady Jane Grey. Her childhood was so miserable yet she became so precosious to the end. Would recommend this one to those who enjoy historical fiction.

Finished Innocent Traitor this evening. A very good read - a very real attempt to get behind the story of Lady Jane Grey. Her childhood was so miserable yet she became so precosious to the end. Would recommend this one to those who enjoy historical fiction.

Added to TBR list. :D I saw a movie on Lady Jane Grey years ago, and was fascinated by the story, plus I like historical fiction. :D

Temptress!

By the way, have you read any Tracy Chevalier? Just read my first and enjoyed it.

Louise - go on - you know you want to!! You won't be disappointed!!

I have tried 2 of Tracy Chevalier's - Lady and the Unicorn and The Girl with the Pearl Earring. I found that I enjoyed both much more than I thought I would. Which one did you try?

It is promising to be very good Louise! Katherine Parr's married life to Thomas Seymour is told from the view of her best friend Catherine, Duchess of Suffolk.

Suzannah Dunn has also written Blood Sugar, Tenterhooks and The Queen of Subtleties amongst others. It's the first time I've tried her books

It is promising to be very good Louise! Katherine Parr's married life to Thomas Seymour is told from the view of her best friend Catherine, Duchess of Suffolk.

Suzannah Dunn has also written Blood Sugar, Tenterhooks and The Queen of Subtleties amongst others. It's the first time I've tried her books

That would be the Queen of Subtleties that is on the bookshelf in front of me ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought it wasn't too bad - it was better than I thought it would be. I don't think that people realise the effects or ramifications of appearing on reality TV.

It was a nice light read for the journey back especially when we got caught in a traffic jam going across Bodmin Moor!!

Louise - I really enjoyed Nineteen Minutes. It was fascinating to see how the events built up to the main event. I actually felt really sorry for the main character Peter - he was doomed to fail right from the beginning of his life! After reading this, I'm surprised how more children do not finally 'snap' under the pressure of bullying. It was a thought provoking book - like most of Jodi Picoult's!!!!