The Last Film You Saw

Chrissy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm watching School of Rock now. I've seen it a million times, it's a great film.

Its one of those movies you can watch over and over :)

The last movie I watched was 'Alien 3' :o

Over the weekend, I had the chance to watch Eat Pray Love.

Given its insane top seller status as a book, it makes sense that the film receive a huge blockbuster adaptation. I originally viewed its release as a negative, and figured that the adaptation wouldn't do the book justice. Very soon though, I found myself warming up to the film, feeling more than satisfied to watch Julia Roberts as Liz. I thought she did a great job. Likewise, the all-star supporting cast members did an excellent job. My fav character from the film was by far "Richard from Texas," who she meets in India (played by Richard Jenkins, one of my favorite actors).

One thing in particular that struck me was the film's score. I thought it was scored beautifully. The cinematography was also beautiful. It obviously helps that you're filming on location in various paradise destinations, e.g. the photo below.

37836_468726091392_364240691392_6550009_6455309_n.jpg

Overall, I was very satisfied with the film and I would definitely recommend it to anyone considering watching.

I saw the new Harry Potter movie last night. Terrific stuff. :)

I'm green with envy Kylie, I am trying to talk my husband into going to see it and if it all else fails, my sister :)

Edited by Weave

I'm sure you'll love it Weave! Get going girl! Go see it by yourself if you have to. ;)

Did anyone else think it ended abruptly? I know it had to cut off somewhere, but I guess I wasn't expecting it to be at that point. I'm also glad I didn't re-read the book first. It was good because I had forgotten some minor plot points so I didn't know everything that was happening. There were lots of 'oh, yeah! I remember now!' moments. :)

I'm sure you'll love it Weave! Get going girl! Go see it by yourself if you have to. ;)

Did anyone else think it ended abruptly? I know it had to cut off somewhere, but I guess I wasn't expecting it to be at that point. I'm also glad I didn't re-read the book first. It was good because I had forgotten some minor plot points so I didn't know everything that was happening. There were lots of 'oh, yeah! I remember now!' moments. :)

Totally agree with you. It did seem to just stop suddenly, but I'm not sure if that's just because I didn't want it to end :P And there was a few bits I had forgotten about (because I didn't get far enough through the book before seeing it) and a few bits that were missing that I really wish were in. I cannot wait for next year though :)

The last movie I watched was Sweeney Todd!

I saw the new Harry Potter movie last night. Terrific stuff. :)

We trudged through the snow to go to our favourite local cinema on Sunday to see it.....well worth it too.....want to the next one out now.

I was a bit cold last night, so I watched The Day the Earth Caught Fire to give me warm thoughts.

With the draft from my living room window, I think I may need something hotter tonight - can anyone lend me a copy of The Towering Inferno?

I was a bit cold last night, so I watched The Day the Earth Caught Fire to give me warm thoughts.

Excellent movie!

Perhaps you could also watch Dante's Peak? Or what's that other volcanic one?

I saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 last weekend. I liked it, I can't wait for the next one in July!

The Time Traveller's Wife is another film I watched this week. It was the first time seeing it, I loved it and cried my eyes out. I'm such a sap :P

Alien

Now I know why I never wanted to watch this movie...

I've seen the first two at least, and thought the second was better, it had some absolutely great scenes.

Regarding Alien though, at least

she went back for the cat! And was safe too of course.

:D When I saw it the first time on television I was watching with my first husband...he turned to me and said..."you'd do something like that!".

The other night we watched The Girl Who Played with Fire, and also are working our way through the 4th season of Alias.

I've seen the first two at least, and thought the second was better, it had some absolutely great scenes.

Regarding Alien though, at least

she went back for the cat! And was safe too of course.

:D When I saw it the first time on television I was watching with my first husband...he turned to me and said..."you'd do something like that!".

That was the best of the whole movie :lol:

My bf is allowed to make me watch one movie a month, which I normally wouldn't watch and I'm not to mope during the film (it was a gift coupon for his birthday). This month he chose Alien, as he just got the new edition with the glowing egg :rolleyes:

Given that today is the 30th anniversary of John Lennon's death (RIP John), there have been several shows on in the last few days. A few nights ago I watched a movie called Lennon Naked, which wasn't too bad. Tonight I watched the excellent documentary called The US vs John Lennon.

Oh, and the other day I watched Anne of Green Gables with Megan Follows. It's been quite a few years since I last saw it and I really enjoyed it. The sequel is on this weekend.

I also watched Lady Chatterley last weekend. Not bad as adaptations go I guess. At any rate, anything is an improvement on the book. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Kylie