Your Book Activity Today - Thread 12

Janet

I'm up to about page 120 of The Ruins and am really freaked out! It's not horror, but definitely one of the creepiest books I've read. No wonder Stephen King has praise printed on the cover! So scary...

I have this on my TBR pile, so look forward to your review.

Yesterday I bought two books from Asda. They were £3.86 each or two for £3. The offer didn't make much sense but I wasn't going to argue :lol:

* Babyville by Jane Green

* Presumed Guilty by Tess Gerritsen.

Last night I started to read Presumed Guilty before I went to sleep (it was the first Tess Gerritsen book I've read). I was hooked after about 5 pages and had to stay up til the wee hours of the morning finishing it. The story wasn't fantastic but I was hooked and did not guess who the murderer was. I will have to look out for more of her books in the future.

I also got two books for £3 at Asda today haha.

I bought. Stray - Rachael Vincent. Looks a lot like The women of the Underworld series and is recommened by Kelley armstrong. Also Nights edge - charlaine Harris, Maggie Shayne and Barbara Hambly. Three short stories.

I also managed to get the book The Painted man - Peter V Brett. I have wanted this book for a while and it was half Prce. I was so tempted to get Linger today as it was BOGOF at Tescos (I was getting my kids school trousers, hense all the supermarket shopping.) But I resisted. But I will be getting it soon thats for sure!!!

Last night. I stopeed reading The Eyre Affair and I have about 40 more pages to go. but I just didn't want to read it anymore so I gave into tempation and started to read Karin Slaughter's Broken. I LOVE IT!!! could not put it down, read 200 pages and only put it down because I felt ill and needed to sleep. I am off to read more now. I might red some more of The eyre affair if I can tear myself away from Broken. I knew slaughter would not let me down!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this on my TBR pile, so look forward to your review.

I also got two books for £3 at Asda today haha.

I bought. Stray - Rachael Vincent. Looks a lot like The women of the Underworld series and is recommened by Kelley armstrong.

I have read all the Rachel Vincent books and really like them waiting for the new one to come out soon, hope you enjoy them

Managed to get three books out of the library today Charlain Harris - Dead in the Family, Linda Harris- Cold Hit and Mari Strachan - The earth hums in b flat (which looks fascinating, not sure) still continuing with my History of London's Dead and its brilliant I am learning so much

Pickle, I hope you enjoy The Earth Hums in B Flat - I absolutely adored it when I read it, and the author even posted a copy of my review on her website! I've lent it to a few other people from my reading group who all loved it too.

I'm about half way through To Kill A Mockingbird now, and really enjoying it.

I managed to read a lot of The Ruins yesterday and today, and am up to page 270, which is a little over halfway. I'm trying really hard not to look ahead and see which character makes it to the end! It's definitely had me squirming though, and I honestly can't wait to see what happens to these poor people! I'm never, ever going to look at vines the same way again, yikes!

I woke up at around 4.30 this morning for some reason, so went downstairs to occupy myself for a while and picked up Under the Dome by Stephen King. It's almost like he's back on form, because I rattled through about 100 pages of it. Consequently, this is now my book at the moment. Utterly absorbing immediately. biggrin.gif

I cannot find by copy of To Kill a Mockingbird anywhere.And nothing else on my shelves inspires me :(

How frustrating, hope you manage to find something soon. :)

I've read more of The Big Over Easy, such a clever idea, it's the first I've read by Jasper Fforde but it won't be the last.

How frustrating, hope you manage to find something soon. :)

I sort of did....

Went to Waterstones and picked up

The Perks of Being a Wallflower- Stephen Chbosky

The Swan Thieves- Elizabeth Kostova

The Elegance of the Hedgehog- Murial Barbery

On 3 for 2. They're all from my wishlist too, I almost never buy stuff from my wishlist in Waterastones because the 3 for 2 distracts me.

Am vaguely annoyed that they still don't have Something Rotten in stock though.

Started The Perk of Being a Wallflower on the way home

Mac, does this mean you gave up on Mr. Argyle and Giotto's Hand?! :( Please say it ain't so!

Pipread, you are in for a treat! I loved The Big Over Easy and I'm so glad you are starting your adventure with Jasper Fforde!! There's one other book that follows TBOE, called The Fourth Bear, and is equally hilarious :D.

Lucybird, I'm thrilled you picked up The Swan Thieves! I read that earlier this year and fell in love. Have you read her other book, The Historian?

I read another 100 pages of The Ruins yesterday and am thinking I might finish today! It's so disturbing, yet I can't stop reading. I'm also finding myself a little annoyed (but in a good way) and can't wait to post my thoughts.

Mac, does this mean you gave up on Mr. Argyle and Giotto's Hand?! :( Please say it ain't so!

Only for the time being, Marcia. Only for the time being. Unfortunately, I'm a one-book-kinda-guy and this reeled me in like a kipper. I'll be back on Giotto's Hand before you can say antidisestablishmentarianism. friends3.gif

Only for the time being, Marcia. Only for the time being. Unfortunately, I'm a one-book-kinda-guy and this reeled me in like a kipper. I'll be back on Giotto's Hand before you can say antidisestablishmentarianism. friends3.gif

:lol: If you say so, Mac! But you do know that Under the Dome is quite literally a behemoth, right? I mean, isn't it like 2000 pages??!

Went to Waterstones and picked up

The Perks of Being a Wallflower- Stephen Chbosky

The Swan Thieves- Elizabeth Kostova

The Elegance of the Hedgehog- Murial Barbery

I have "The Elegance of the Hedgehog", which I bought shortly after a trip to Paris :) .

Haven't read it yet, but I remember it got very good reviews.

Lucybird, I'm thrilled you picked up The Swan Thieves! I read that earlier this year and fell in love. Have you read her other book, The Historian?

Yup I loved it! That's the main reason I picked up The Swan Thieves, although it sounds like it would be good too

I finished The Thorn Birds couple of days ago. I started Fahrenheit 451 during my mother's surgery and read 50-60 pages but it was so loud and everybody was asking me something, so I couldn't enjoy it at all and that's why I'm starting it from the beginning.

I ordered these last week ~

Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert

Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood) by J.R. Ward

Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series) by J.R. Ward

Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series) by J.R. Ward

The Reapers are the Angels by Alden Bell (which sounds awesome!) (Pre~order)

And today ~

Adrian Mole ~ The Prostate Years by Sue Townsend

Blood and Ice by Robert Masello

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games III) by Suzanne Collins (Pre~order) :D

Naming the Bones is a bit slow at first I'm enjoy it now.

Twlight I'm going to be another fan I am loving it.

Haha, glad to her yo are loving it. The series will hook yo in.

Blood and Ice by Robert Masello

I saw this at Tescos yesterday and looked fascinating, is on my wishlist I look forward to yor review.

I have read nothing since the other night but I have Broken beside me and abot to start reading.

I gave my dad my copy of London's Dead so he can look at it ( he is researching family history...don't we all know it) so I decided to read charlain Harris - dead in the family I think I might have missed one but I didn't really enjoy it, it was ok but not as good as some previous books.

Guest Eliza1

I've just finished the thousand autumns of Jacob De Zoet. I took my time with it but I'm glad now because it is such a good book. I have three more of his novels to read, he's a fantastic writer. I've started Touching Earth by Rani Manicka. I've read The rice mother by the same author and really liked it so I hope I like this as much. :)

I saw this at Tescos yesterday and looked fascinating, is on my wishlist I look forward to yor review.

No bother CW :)

I finished The Ruins this afternoon and man talk about a quick read! I could not put it down, and am collecting my thoughts in order to post a review.

I think I'll hold off on starting anything since I'm expecting The Heretic's Daughter in the mail soon from a certain Charm. May have to do a re-read of something fluffy in the meantime ;).