Your Book Activity Today - Thread 12

Janet

I finished Uglies last night and started The Ruins by Scott Smith right before bed. It was a spontaneous read that two of my friends plus one of their moms highly recommended to me, so I thought I'd squeeze it in before the book ring book arrives :D It's supposedly very fast moving and suspenseful so I'm looking forward to it!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought:

Apartment 16 - Adam Nevill

The Final Empire (Mistborn Book 1) - Brandon Sanderson

The Left Hand of God - Paul Hoffman

The Fuller Memorandum - Charles Stross

Lustrum - Robert Harris

Should keep me going for a while. Or, at least, they would if I didn't continually have the urge to buy more :rolleyes::lol:

While Anathem by Neal Stephenson is interesting to a degree, it's not grabbing me at the moment. This is a book that requires my full concentration, and I can't give that right now.

Think I will put it down and read I Am Legend by Richard Matheson.

I really struggled with Stephenson's Cryptonomicon. Parts of it were fun but, for the most part, it was like reading a textbook.

On the other hand, I Am Legend is a corker, so good decision, I reckon :D

Have you read anything by Stross before? I have one of his books on my TBR pile so I'm interested to know what he's like.

No, this'll be my first. If I read it before you read yours I'll let you know :D

Think I will put it down and read I Am Legend by Richard Matheson.

An awesome book. I really enjoyed it. Read it about ten years ago - not much like the recent film (which I also enjoyed...) cool.gif

I read a bit more of The City & The City its a slow read for me cause its so complex and my little brain is struggling to keep up

I recently read TC&TC and enjoyed it, but in retrospect have to say it's 'not all that'. Interesting concept though.

I'm almost finished Ysabel by Guy Gavriel Kay.

Bought a few more for the pile:

Iron Council by China Mieville

Peace by Gene Wolfe

The Thieves of Manhattan by Adam Langer

Bad Things Happen by Harry Dolan

Cleopatra's Daughter by Michelle Moran

I finished To Kill a Mockingbird. Brilliant. :D

I have about 100 pages to go of Double Cross, and I've started reading Anne of Avonlea alongside it. I've only read one chapter but I'm already thoroughly enjoying being reunited with Anne. :)

I fininshed The City & The City this morning, am going to have to thik whether I really enjoyed it, the concept was great but the story was possibly a little over complicated.

Out to our local to our local once a month Bookcrossing meetup tonight at the Belmont Cinema cafe/bar 7.30 and taking along with me :readingtwo:

'The Abyss' by Orson Scott Card

'Darknesses' by L.E. Modesitt Jr

'Beneath the Pyramid' by Christian Jacq (one of yours Kell, hubby read it and rereleasing back to the shelf)

Be good to catch up with everyone, as we cancelled last months due to people being on holiday.

I finished Wicked this morning, I really enjoyed it too, this afternoon I returned it to the library then went home and started The Big Over Easy I've got a feeling I'm going to love this book and it's humour. :)

I finished Wicked this morning, I really enjoyed it too, this afternoon I returned it to the library then went home and started The Big Over Easy I've got a feeling I'm going to love this book and it's humour. :)

Ooooh I've fancied Wicked for ages! Think I'll bump it up the to buy list.

Well I've had quite a bit going on at home recently so haven't had much time for reading unfortunately. I'm still about a chapter into American Psycho so I plan to pick it back up and continue tonight.

Hope everyone's grand :D