Your Book Activity Today - Thread 11

Janet

I've had a :D long day but stopped to pick up The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner on my way home. I'm up to page 25 now, and I'm thinking it might be a good idea if I re-read Eclipse first. Hmmm...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a :D long day but stopped to pick up The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner on my way home. I'm up to page 25 now, and I'm thinking it might be a good idea if I re-read Eclipse first. Hmmm...

I need to read Eclipse again too considering it was last April when I read it last - need to remind myself of the plot!!

I finally finished Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell!! After several months of reading it on and off, I flew through the last 250 pages recently and must say it's definitely one of my all time favourite books. Absolutely fantastic. :D

I read about 60 pages of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows walking to the library and back :D

I finally finished Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell!! After several months of reading it on and off, I flew through the last 250 pages recently and must say it's definitely one of my all time favourite books. Absolutely fantastic. :D

I'm really glad to hear you've finished it and truly enjoyed it, Nollaig :)

I'm still reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower. It's really great but I haven't had time to read it as much as I would like to.

I'm really glad to hear you've finished it and truly enjoyed it, Nollaig :)

Thanks :D I found a link to a seminar on jonathanstrange.com where several other people and Susanna Clarke discuss various aspects of the book, it's a 47 page PDF so I'm reading through that now! :D

I finally finished Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell!! After several months of reading it on and off, I flew through the last 250 pages recently and must say it's definitely one of my all time favourite books. Absolutely fantastic. :)

So happy you liked it! It's one of the few books with footnotes where I read every single one :D

Read 50 pages of Six Wives: The Queens of Henry VIII by David Starkey.... I got really bored of my chemistry revision after two hours of solid Calcium Carbonate Thermal Decomposition questions during my PE lesson (still can't do PE!) and started reading for the last ten minutes, then more when I got home from school.

No doubt I'll read some more later- it's a really, really good book!

I'm flying through The Lady & The Unicorn, I've read over another 100 pages today and have only 40 to go. Will probably finish it tonight. It's very easy to read, I quite like the characters and reading about the process of making tapestries is really interesting, but I really wouldn't rate this book as anything more than mediocre - I don't know why it's the favourite of so many Chevalier fans! I much preferred Girl With The Pearl Earring.

I kind of want to start reading it again, Kylie :) And I definitely want to buy a proper copy/set of the book/volumes. Mine is the red paperback, and it's secondhand, so it's pretty beaten up - perfect for reading a 1000 page book but I'd like a pretty copy for display purposes (I'm such a loser :D). I'm thinking of buying the boxset of the three individual black/red/white volumes.

I finished The Lady & The Unicorn, still think it was only slightly above mediocre with main points going for the fact that it's very easy-to-read historical fiction and about tapestries I already liked prior to reading it. (I love historical novels that are about actual people, events and things.) I don't see how it's as lovely as some people have said - it's not at all happy and it's all either about weaving tapestries or 'ploughing' women. But to each their own.

Edited by Nollaig

I've read about 35 pages of my re-read through We Have Always Lived In The Castle :D

Mine is the red paperback, and it's secondhand, so it's pretty beaten up - perfect for reading a 1000 page book but I'd like a pretty copy for display purposes (I'm such a loser :D). I'm thinking of buying the boxset of the three individual black/red/white volumes.

I have the big black paperback. I can't remember how shabby it was by the time I was through with it (I generally take very good care of my books) but I would also love to get the boxset, mostly for ease of reading in the future. It also looks pretty darn nice. :)

Hardly done any reading again i seem to be so busy, hopefully when the World Cup starts on Friday i'll be able to get down to my book as it'll be wall to wall football in our house.

Hardly done any reading again i seem to be so busy, hopefully when the World Cup starts on Friday i'll be able to get down to my book as it'll be wall to wall football in our house.

I plan to multi-task - watch the football whilst reading :D

I've been reading The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner by Stephanie Meyer online as its free!