Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

Have read about 150 pages of The Way Home by George Pelecanos today an only have about 35 pages left. Am going away tonight so I will take this with me and another book to start when I finish it. Not yet sure which book to tale though.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing much today.... just a history text book (mock GCSE's in 2 weeks...0_o). But planning to start The Boleyn Inheritance by Philippa Gregory tonught :)

Read about a hundred pages of the Dragon Reborn and am about halfway through now. Reading more later. I do love these books.

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed her books til I ran out this week and rediscovered restoree (not a pern one but still good ) and get off the unicorn which has some short stories including a Pern one. I was trying to find my copy of Dragonflight unfortunately I think its dissapeared :)

Started "Project Jennifer" by Jill Amy Rosenblatt last night for my upcoming book club pick.. Had to read quickly since the meeting is Wednesday, so I just finished it!

Will start "Year of Wonders" soon. :)

I read a couple more chapters of The Book Thief today and I think i read some of Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban whilst out on Fri night in the shopping complex on the way to bowling, I'm pretty sure I saw one in WH Smith and fitted a chapter in waiting for some friends to catch up :D Typical BCF enthusiasm ftw! :)

I bought five books on the weekend:

Kerry Biram, Diane Brown & Jenny Craig: Editors in Conversation

Jasper Fforde: Shades of Grey (I'm very excited about this - cheap and practically brand new!)

Robin Klein: Penny Pollard's Diary

Robin Klein: Penny Pollard's Passport

These are two childhood books I used to love.

Ursula Le Guin: Tehanu (the fourth in the Earthsea quartet)

finished 'The Lost Musiciains' by William Heinesen. Had been looking forward to reading it, but was a bit disappointed in it by the time I finished.

Made a start on 'Palace Walk' by Naguib Mahfouz. Read 11 chapters and really enjoying it.

Have read the last 30 pages of The Way Home by George Pelecanos so far today. A really excellent book and I fully enjoyed it. Will post a review on my blog later. Will hopefully get some more reading of my next book in later.

Just finished Therese Raquin. I'm now reading a couple of articles about chicken diseases until I make up my mind what to read next.

I'm off to the luvverlee library tomorrow, who knows what treasures I'll bring home?

I have just acquired a copy of 'Supper with the Crippens' which is supposed to be a very good account of the murder of Cora Crippen in the early part of the last century. Apparently, after reading this book, the reader will be left in no doubt as to the Doctor's innocence or guilt!

Well I started and finished my Nora Roberts I knoew it would be light reading perfect for the slight hangover, and I got time this morning to start Frostbitten by Kelley Armstrng so far it hasn't dissapointed I love this series

Ahh, almost finished now with The Dragon Reborn, and checked my email to find an email from the online shop I order my books at. I sent back the copy of The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan I had bought with them because it was horrible quality. One read and it was falling apart. :D They emailed me that I don't have to pay for that book. :D If I want another copy, another edition I have to re-order, but big deal, I was afraid I was going to be stuck with that horrible copy! Now am happy. Gonna buy the proper edition soon. :D

Ahh, almost finished now with The Dragon Reborn, and checked my email to find an email from the online shop I order my books at. I sent back the copy of The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan I had bought with them because it was horrible quality. One read and it was falling apart. :D They emailed me that I don't have to pay for that book. :lol: If I want another copy, another edition I have to re-order, but big deal, I was afraid I was going to be stuck with that horrible copy! Now am happy. Gonna buy the proper edition soon. :D

Horrible quality as in pages falling apart? That is very shoddy service and im not surprised they waived the fee for that book :D

Well I agree, in a way, just had no idea if they would do such a thing, I mean, they import those books from Tor books, and have nothing to do with the bad quality. But yeah, I've been a customer with them for years now, like 8 years or so, and never had a problem with them, so I guess it shouldn't surprise me.

Just started Never Let Me Go ~ Kazuo Ishiguro this morning.
When you're finished with this wonderful book, take a look at this thread in the Reading Circle. It would be great to keep the discussion in there going. :D

I have just acquired a copy of 'Supper with the Crippens' which is supposed to be a very good account of the murder of Cora Crippen in the early part of the last century. Apparently, after reading this book, the reader will be left in no doubt as to the Doctor's innocence or guilt!
This sounds interesting. I will look out for this one! :D

I finished Third Degree - Greg Iles, it was pretty good but for me not as good as the previous books of his that I`ve read. :D

I`ve now started The Chicago way - Michael Harvey, enjoying it so far. :D