Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You lucky thing, Kate! I have a box set of slightly older editions, and there only 10 books in mine; it looks like you have the whole lot there! I adore Roald Dahl. I was just thinking about Matilda earlier tonight and how I'd like to re-read it. :smile2:

I finished my latest book this morning & as my requested books havent arrived at the library yet Im not sure whether to take a breather or start a book my friend has posted to me?Im in real good groove with my reading lately & dont want to lose it,so maybe I should start on my friends book now.

Just been reading bits and pieces from different poets today. Mostly Walt Whitman, and a little William Blake.

i have never read any Whitman but I do remember the bit in Dead Poets Society when they talk about a stary eyed madman that was him i think...maybe one day i will get back ito petry never really been my thing.

Ifinished my Pieces of Modesty last night then started Shift by Rachel Vincent this morning I will probably stay up late to finish it tonight as I am going away tommorow and won't be able to resist it :smile2:

I have never read any Whitman but I do remember the bit in Dead Poets Society when they talk about a stary eyed madman that was him i think
Indeed, that film was solely responsible for making me look into & subsequently become an adoring fan of Uncle Walt's :smile2:!

Posted 'Five People You Meet in Heaven' off to Poppyshake this afternoon. It is lovely people are still asking me for a borrow of this book. I must get round to reading it again myself!

Also read a couple of chapter of each of the books I am currently reading at the moment.

Thanks Diane :smile2:, I'm so looking forward to reading a book that I've heard so much about.

I finished 'Arthur & George' yesterday and have now started 'The Girls of Slender Means' by Muriel Spark .. so far it's reminding me of Nancy Mitford, which is great.

I finally finished Helter Skelter by Vincent Bugliosi with Curt Gentry. Very gripping in the beginning, and interesting throughout the book but a bit too detailed at times.

Next I want to read something lighter for sure :smile2:

I had a surprise purchase today, i bought the book of "The Blind Side" by Michael Lewis, i had no idea this was a book!! Sandra Bullock recently won an Oscar for this movie and from trailers i have seen it looks quite good.

I have decided that i wont be surprised anymore if i see the book version of an excellent movie starting out at me on a book shelf. I also didnt know that Precious was based on a novel but it was a nice surprise as i get to read more excellent books.

Whats next, The Exorcist as a book??

Oh wait.......:smile2:

I had a surprise in Waterstone's this afternoon; whilst browsing the science fiction section I found a new John Wyndham novel!

Plan for Chaos is a previously unpublished, complete, Wyndham manuscript that was written at the same time as The Day of the Triffids.

Of course, there may be a good reason why it hasn't been published before now, but I guess I'm going to find out because I bought a copy!

Have read 200 pages and finished Bait by Nick Brownlee so far today. Thoroughly enjoyed it in the end after finding the first third so tough. Am going to start A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian next and will hopefully get some read tonight.