Your Book Activity Today - Thread 9

Janet

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the halfway mark now with The Lovely Bones.Still loving it too.

Good to see another Aussie on the forum.

Hope you enjoy the rest of it. I read that book last year.

Good news on all fronts Frankie! I can't wait to see what you get (and how many you get! :D)

Well, it's a two-digit number I have to say. I can't remember where I'm at right now, but I'm thinking when I'll add my new purchases 100 won't be too far away :lol: :lol: I just hope I don't reach it yet!

Just finished Sweetheart by Chelsea Cain. Great read! just as good as Heart Sick!

I think im going to start Push by Sapphire next :)

I'm really glad you enjoyed Sweetheart!

Weren't you surprised to discover that it was actually Archie who'd pursued the relationship and they'd actually had more than just a couple of nookies??

Do you think you're going to read the third novel in the series? I have to say it wasn't as good as the first two, but an okay read anyway.

I hope you enjoy Push! :lol:

I had a happy time in the bookstores yesterday, I'm just fretting to list the books I bought. I've also read more of Helter Skelter.

Aw, please don't keep me in suspense!

I'm up to the 6th chapter of The Well of Lost Plots. I'm hoping to get some more of my punctuation/editing books read tonight because I've been neglecting them a little.

I'm about 50 pages into The Winter King and enjoying it. Still getting to grips with all the character and place names but loving the atmosphere and descriptions. I've another quiet and lonely day at work today so plan on getting a lot more read :lol:

I'm very happy, I seem to have found my rhythm with reading again!

Today, I read about 50 pages of "True Tales of American Life" by Paul Auster and about 50 pages of "Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell" by Susanna Clarke. Enjoying them both so far :lol:

I'm really glad you enjoyed Sweetheart!

Weren't you surprised to discover that it was actually Archie who'd pursued the relationship and they'd actually had more than just a couple of nookies??

Do you think you're going to read the third novel in the series? I have to say it wasn't as good as the first two, but an okay read anyway.

I hope you enjoy Push! :lol:

I didn't know there was a third novel! haha I'll most likely read it, i hate leaving series' unfinished!

I was super shocked about his relationship with Gretchen. It the first book it just seemed like he fantasized about her and nothing more..but wow!

And i'm really reallly enjoying Push! Halfway through the book and I only started it late last night. That poor girl has been through so much, its such a sad book :lol:

More Dead To The World again: I was reading on the train as I got to the bit where

Sookie and Eric FINALLY got it on for real!

I think the guy opposite me must have seen my eyebrows rise 2 inches up my face! LOL!

I have just been a'tescoing, and purely by chance two books fell into my trolley, Sarah Water's 'Little Stranger'

Got mine in Sainsbury's

Oh I liked 'The Little Stranger' a lot .. really atmospheric and creepy. Hope you enjoy it.
:lol:

I second Poppy's remarks. This was also my first book by this author and I really enjoyed it. Don't normally read this type of book but really enjoyed this.

Mine neither, but thought I would try something different.

I read about 30 pages of Fahrenheit 451, it's overdue so I am trying to finish it within the next few days. As i've just woken up as usual from trying to sleep, I guess i'll be three quarters through by tomorrow :lol:

I didn't know there was a third novel! haha I'll most likely read it, i hate leaving series' unfinished!

I was super shocked about his relationship with Gretchen. It the first book it just seemed like he fantasized about her and nothing more..but wow!

The third novel is Evil at Heart and it was published only last year. I totally agree with

what you said about Archie, in the first novel it seemed only like make-believe and then we find out it's been for real. Really shocking, I loved that twist and that's why I loved it more than the first book :lol:

And i'm really reallly enjoying Push! Halfway through the book and I only started it late last night. That poor girl has been through so much, its such a sad book :D

I can't figure how she had the strength to go on. I'm just glad it wasn't a true story, thank goodness!

I read more of Helter Skelter last night and will be continuing it today, quite naturally :lol:

Lol so often I get self conscious reading Sookie in public places, that sort of stuff just seems to leap out on you

Doesn't it just? I didn't see it coming, but when I got there I couldn't put it back in my bag cause I wanted to know what would happen!

I've read several more chapters of The Well of Lost Plots. I'm really enjoying it, even though some of Thursday's adventures seem completely random. She goes off with one character and doesn't do much, then another character comes and picks her up and takes her off to do...not much. Puzzling, but still enjoyable. :lol:

I've also read more of my two non-fiction books. I'm hoping to get one finished tomorrow and then I'll breathe a small sigh of relief as I'll be down to reading two books again.