More football

Lilywhite

What about the premier league teams who are playing in europe this week? :motz: I heard on the radio Liverpool and Fulham are leaving today for games on Thursday, what a nightmare that would be!

Makes me kind of glad that United are out of Europe now cos it would surely put an end to the title race if they had to spend a week travelling to and from a game. Don't the people at UEFA have a brain between them?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow Sedge premier league !...how exciting. Will that mean bigger crowds/more fans etc :motz:

Hopefully Inver. Some of our opponents at the moment can average crowds of about 20 per game (we average 90), whereas in the Premier Division it's more like 150.

Aside from this, our local rivals are in the Premier Division. Over the years St Austell v St Blazey has been the biggest derby in Cornwall and we've really suffered from being in a lower division. I think we could be looking at crowds of 300 for those matches!:motz:

I'm usually not keen on glory hunters, but they (and their money) are welcome at Poltair Park to see our success!

Newcastle will do fine in the Premier League, it's where they belong. Just with the squad they have now they would finish mid table, a few additions which they can easily afford and they will be top half.

I'd hate for my team to go up and get hammered every week, it would do morale no good whatsoever - see Derby County, the last time they were in the Premier League they didnt win a game all season now they are bottom half championship.

The only good thing would be the money, but see Derby again as proof that that does you no good if you dont have morale and the fans behind you.

I think if Swansea or Leicester went up through the playoffs this year they would both really struggle, it's Forest's year to go up I think.

Yeah, can't say I agree with that to be honest. I have watched a few Newcastle games this season and I don't think they would be mid-table in this seasons' premiership. I certainly don't think they would have finished above the likes of Fulham, Birmingham, Blackburn or Stoke. For instance I would be seriously surprised if Andy Carrol scores goals in the EPL.

On another note crazy that Inter beat Barca so easily in the first leg of the Champions League semi this morning. Love him or hate him its clear that Mourinho can really set out his teams.

Yeah, can't say I agree with that to be honest. I have watched a few Newcastle games this season and I don't think they would be mid-table in this seasons' premiership. I certainly don't think they would have finished above the likes of Fulham, Birmingham, Blackburn or Stoke. For instance I would be seriously surprised if Andy Carrol scores goals in the EPL.

On another note crazy that Inter beat Barca so easily in the first leg of the Champions League semi this morning. Love him or hate him its clear that Mourinho can really set out his teams.

People put to much emphasis on the Premier League, Newcastle have sailed through the Championship, only one place they can go the premiership. If they were in the Premier League this year I cant see them being amongst the likes of Hull and Wigan, they would be above them.

People put to much emphasis on the Premier League, Newcastle have sailed through the Championship, only one place they can go the premiership. If they were in the Premier League this year I cant see them being amongst the likes of Hull and Wigan, they would be above them.

West Brom have performed equally as well in the Championship in the past and then been relegated immediately with very similar squads.

There is an absolutely massive difference between the Championship and the Premiership. Players can be highly effective in the Championship and then a massive liability in the Prem. See Collocini.

I just dont think Newcastle are comparable with the likes of Wigan and would finish above them in the premiership thats what I meant with midtable.

Fair enough. I would say Wigan are a lower midtable side though. Maybe Newcastle are comparable to them, I don't know. Still, I think with that squad they would be battling relegation again next season. Obviously they will pick up a few though.

That is pretty much what I was saying.

Fair enough then. Wigan are 15th and on 35 points with 3 to play, which in a typical season would place them very near the drop zone. I would agree that Newcastle would be around there with their current squad.

I think we could be looking at crowds of 300 for those matches!:D

I'm usually not keen on glory hunters, but they (and their money) are welcome at Poltair Park to see our success!

Wow...crowds in the 100's :D that be great!

Andy had mid week game tonight, 1-1, so picked up a point, if they win all their remaining games and depending on other results, they may in with a shout of promotion to the premier league. I'm not sure if that would be good for them or not as they have struggled on occasions throughout the season. Will have to wait and see though.

Hope is a great motivator Inver!:D

St Austell beat Callington Town 2-1 tonight. We were terrible in the second half, so we really got away with it!

If we can play that badly and get 3 points, maybe we're fated to go up!:D

It's our last home game of the season tomorrow, so a win would be nice. Our two main rivals are both up against teams in the bottom three, so we really can't afford to slip up. The tension is killing me!:D

The title race just got hotter :D Not only taking all 3 points but also closing the goal difference gap down to 1. A good days work although i just want to tell Sky Sports that i could have done without watching Evra throw his guts up while i was eating my lunch :D

Andy and the boys beaten 3-1 today at home:blush:

Ouchy for my boy too today, caught his toe on pitch while in for a tackle and twisted his knee and went down with a few minutes to go. Had to come off, coach thinks he may have done ligament! Has had it on ice at the moment, but says it feels a bit wierd and def wouldn't be able to run on it. See how it goes over next few days but might be out for the remainder of last 3 games!:D

Watch this space.

Hope your day was better Sedge !

I read someone saw him in the Trafford Centre on the weekend after he signed or something and they went

'Alright Dimitar!'

And he went

'No.'

And walked off :D

Bad luck for Andy Inver. Still, at least it was and the end of the season rather than the beginning.

St Austell played poorly in the first have, trailing 1-0 at half-time. Fortunately in the second half they seemed to switch on and finally played like a team at the top, cruising to a 3-1 win. Unfortunately both our rivals also managed to win.

We're in a strange situation at the moment. We're 5 points clear at the top with 2 games to go, but very little chance of winning the title. 2nd placed Perranporth have 3 games in hand and are almost certain to take the championship. Sadly for them, their ground has failed the promotion inspection, so whoever finishes second will go up. That'll either be us or Hayle (7 points behind in 3rd with a game in hand over us).

To make things even more thrilling, we travel to Hayle next Wednesday. A point from that game will see us promoted!

Are you confused yet?:irked:

Sedge ~ must be very frustrating to see yourselves at the top of the league but knowing you probably won't stay there :irked: Still, hope you manage the 2nd place, that be great for the boys.

Andy hurpling around a bit, but doesn't seem to be in too much pain, just strapped it up with a stretchy bandage....see how next few days go.;)

His U'12's beaten again today 5-0, but he was better pleased with their performance than last week when there were binned 11-0 :lol: