More football

Lilywhite

Mid week game for boy and Glendale against league leaders last night. Held them to 2-2 at HT but unfortunately beat 3-2 in the last 5 minutes. So nearly took a points of them, unluck :lol:

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww hell! Seriously? I was hoping to at least get a glimpse of him on the bench or hobbling around somewhere. :lol: Darn old man.

Yea he's been playing for AC Milan all season, it was playing for them he picked up his injury. He apparently moved to Europe to make it easier for the England coaching staff to keep an eye on him to give him a better chance of being picked to play in the World Cup.

In hindsight he would probably have been better off staying in the US :D

:lol: He probably would have been! Well, either way I guess he has screwed over his chances for the World Cup. I can't wait for the England vs USA game :D That will be epic!

My favorite US player, Landon Donovan, plays for the Galaxy too so at least I'll get to see him if I go.

Tough break for Beckham, despite his ridiculous wealth and even more ridiculous off the field antics, that guy has more passion than anyone in the game, that's crazy when you think of the circus which follows him around. It's unfortunate, all he wanted to do was to play for his country at one last major to make up for the disappointments he's suffered at them, but he's played in three other cups and others have not got near that, it's just the way things go with those injuries. The reception he got at Old Trafford and whenever he appeared for England in the qualifying matches recently shows the respect he's earned.

Bayern Munich in the next round of the CL. Arsenal got the worst draw possible :D excellent. I'm quite happy with that draw, as long as an all English affair and Barcelona were avoided then i am happy.

I heard the result of that draw as some blokes at my works shouted across to one of their mates 'we've got Benfica.'

God that annoys me

you've never been to Liverpool in your life support your local team! :lol:

and breathe...

That rant was not in any way aimed at you Ned either irked.gif

Edited by Johnny Carson Whit

I heard the result of that draw as some blokes at my works shouted across to one of their mates 'we've got Benfica.'

God that annoys me

you've never been to Liverpool in your life support your local team! :D

and breathe...

That rant was not in any way aimed at you Ned either :lol:

Well at least I can claim to be a born and bred Gooner, I was born within spitting distance from Highbury. Not a plastic, me.:lol:

Wow, we've got a lot of work to do to keep Messi in line eh?

I think you should support your closest team, unless of course you don't have a close team then you can pick whichever you like :lol:

I'm about mid-way between NUFC and SAFC, most of my family fell on the side of Sunderland while I (thanks to my auntie) chose Newcastle :D

I think you should support your closest team, unless of course you don't have a close team then you can pick whichever you like :lol:

I'm about mid-way between NUFC and SAFC, most of my family fell on the side of Sunderland while I (thanks to my auntie) chose Newcastle :D

I genuinely do not understand people who go for the glory option when it comes to football and choose to ignore their local team; even if my only local side played in the unibond south second league I would still support them over the easy option that are always on TV and are about 400 miles from my hometown.

There is nothing like supporting your local team, the ups the downs, the glory; the failure, the pride you feel for your team; that is the true essence of sport for me.

There is a chance my team could go up to the premier league this year for the first time in their history, 7-8 years ago they quite literally nearly went out of the professional game and out of business - I was and will be there for both.

There is no better drama.

I genuinely do not understand people who go for the glory option when it comes to football and choose to ignore their local team; even if my only local side played in the unibond south second league I would still support them over the easy option that are always on TV and are about 400 miles from my hometown.

There is nothing like supporting your local team, the ups the downs, the glory; the failure, the pride you feel for your team; that is the true essence of sport for me.

There is a chance my team could go up to the premier league this year for the first time in their history, 7-8 years ago they quite literally nearly went out of the professional game and out of business - I was and will be there for both.

There is no better drama.

I totally agree. I got a lot of stick from most family members because Newcastle got relegated last year, but I will never support another team, even if they fell out of the divisions completely. I feel for that team, no other.

I didn't realise that Swans had never been in the premiership. Here's hoping for this year :lol: Forest seem to be on a downward spiral at the minute, so the play-offs seem a lot tighter now than a few weeks ago.

I totally agree. I got a lot of stick from most family members because Newcastle got relegated last year, but I will never support another team, even if they fell out of the divisions completely. I feel for that team, no other.

I didn't realise that Swans had never been in the premiership. Here's hoping for this year :lol: Forest seem to be on a downward spiral at the minute, so the play-offs seem a lot tighter now than a few weeks ago.

:lol: The Swans were in the top division when it was the 1st Division back in 80-81 and were top for a time, but that was before it was called the premiership, they then spent the next 20 years falling down the leagues; and to be quite honest I would have it no other way.

Watching them on a wet cold tuesday night with 2500 people are some of the most prominent and best memories of my childhood. The pride I would feel if I saw them go up to the premiership will, I imagine be similar to the way a parent feels when they wave their child off to 'big school' for the first time. :D People who go for the glory option and support some dim distand team just because they are fashionable will never experience anything like that.

Ahh I see. I wish I could go more, ideally I would love a season ticket. I've only been to 3 this season because I just can't afford it. Luckily, Sky tends to show quite a few NU matches so it's not all bad. :lol:

I've barely been this year because of my health, so there is a little bit of me that hopes they dont go up this year :D but i've been watching and following them since I was 11

Sky showing loads of Newcastle games is the reason I want them to go up, so Sky will share the coverage out a bit more fairly between us mere mortals :lol:

I am off to Fratton Park today to watch Portsmouth vs. Hull. Although we have been deducted 9 points and relegation is certain, a Pompey win would be nice!

We're hosting in-form Dobwalls this afternoon. They're only in mid-table, but they've won every match since January 16th. We could do with a more comfortable game, but fingers crossed!

St Austell scored in the last minute in what should have been a narrow 2-1 victory, but the referee then proceeded to add on 15 minutes of injury time(!) and Dobwalls equalised in the 10th of those minutes! Gutted!

Oh well, we're still a point clear at the top, so I can't complain too much.

Steve Claridge is on Twitter as he's doing the football league show on bbc 1 :D I just called him a clueless**** and he's not afraid to give it back :D

He's comical, he's admitting that most of the emails that they read out from fans are ones that he has wrote :lol:

I hate the Football League show. It's always on the same amount of time as MOTD but they have to fit in 3 times the amount of games. :) Is that true that he writes the emails :D

2-2 for Newcastle yesterday. After being 2-0 down, I wish chuffed they levelled up, but they had so many chances that just didn't amount to anything, particulaly in the last 10/15 minutes. Next two matches will be hard for us, particularly as West Brom are hot on the heels again.