More football

Lilywhite

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just got back from tonight's Semi-Final and am pleased to report that we'll be appearing in the Cornwall Senior Cup Final on Easter Monday! It finished 3-1 over our local rivals. Football really is the Beautiful Game! :doowapstart:

Thanks Inver!  We'll be up against Bodmin Town, the league champions and cup holders for the past 4 years.  We met them in the 2011 Final and led 2-0 until the last 20 minutes.  Then they took over and managed a 3-2 win. Time to put things right! :D

Edited by Sedge

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't around last weekend, but Glendale won 2-0 and apparently Andy scored them both. Different story today though...beaten 3-1 and U'16's lost 6-0..ouchy

Swings and roundabouts!

We managed a 4-0 win today, but the boys still got a half time rollocking for lazy play (our opponents had a very poor day)!  We've got a Cup Final on Easter Monday, so we really need to pick up the pace.

We were at home to Bodmin Town this evening. They're the league champions and cup winners for the last 4 years and will also be our opponents in this year's cup final. We put out a slightly weakened side because we seem terrified of picking up injuries. They were all over us in the first half, but we improved after the break. In the last 10 minutes they went to pieces and we marched gloriously to a 2-1 defeat.  Bodmin were the angriest winners I've ever seen! :smile:

You marched gloriously to a 2-1 defeat....does this mean it could have been worse then...sounds like you are in with a shout then if they were that bad!

The second half was encouraging, although we now have the constant fear of losing players to injury before the Cup Final. This match featured a weakened side, even though we were playing the league champions!

Have faith...you can do this cup final thingy. No U'16's match today....Andy & the 'Dale' had a 2-1 away from home victory today....it happens when hubby and I don't go to the games!

:doowapstart: great stuff St A., what a good season you are having.

Glendale beaten 5-3....but Andy scored another 2 which  we didn't see...! U'16's Colts beaten 5-2....they scored first and should have had at least another one....same old story their heads go down.

On a better note though....my home team Raith Rovers won the Ramsden Cup v Rangers after extra time 1-0... :doowapstart:  Hubby and Andy were away through to Edinburgh for the final..had a great day out.

Way to go Raith!

We've got three games in the next seven days in the lead up to Easter Monday's Cup Final. Niggling injuries are already starting to appear in several key players, so I'm expecting our Reserves to see a bit of action this week!

Busy week then....I have nothing to report this weekend. Both Glendale and U'16's no games this weekend with shortage of players due to it being the schools Easter holidays up here, so all quiet.

There's no rest down here, but I'm pleased with our 1-0 victory yesterday. We picked up two more injuries though. Hopefully everybody will have recovered by next Monday!

Ive just had to sit through another 90 minutes of watching Newcastle play absolute hopeless football, a manager who hasnt got a clue what hes doing, total reshuffle needed at Newcastle

Good news to report....Glendale had a 3-0 win today...Andy scoring a pen (which I missed, was late getting there). Hubby went to see the U'16's play and the won 1-0...so a good day all round.

Is it a big game on Monday Sedge.

Sounds like things are on the up for you Inver!

Yep, we're in the Cup Final on Monday.  We warmed up with a 3-2 win over our local rivals on Friday.

We also have many injury worries as well as being up against the league champions who have won the cup for the last 4 years. My prediction - if we go for an all-out attack, we'll win 5-3. If we try to defend, we'll lose 3-1. :D

Since we lifted the Cornwall Senior Cup in 2009, Bodmin Town have won it every year since. I always said they were just borrowing it from us, and this afternoon we took it back! The full time score was 1-1, but we managed to beat them 5-4 on penalties! I'm a happy man! :D