More football

Lilywhite

We have been lucky enough not to have as much snow as Arran! Odd shower of snow blowing through and very cold.

Andy's game yesterday was off, just indoor training, but U'15's had a freezing cold game today at 12.30 after all....shouldn't have bothered though, another defeat 5-0 :negative: .

Good luck for Tuesday, mon St Austell ;)

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son is hoping to start reffing after he turns 14 in May, we have sent off the forms so just need to wait and see whether he can get on a course, the only fun will be coordinating his matches with my younger sons matches and my daughters badminton! :)

Good to hear of more youngsters taking up reffing chaliepud!  We're in danger of a bit of a shortage down here - some of the behaviour towards officials is appalling.  I don't think I could do it, so well done to your son and the next generation of referees.  Without them we'd have no game!

We never let the weather stop us do we. Heard on radio/Sky sports news that the Scots fans (in kilts) are out sweeping the pitch clear of snow in Serbia so the game can go on... :D

Edited by Inver

I've just spent the evening standing in sub-zero temperatures and unable to feel my toes, but it was well worth it to see us win 3-1 and climb to 6th in the table! :smile:

Great stuff Sedge....better result than watching Scotland gave I have to say! They didn't have any kilted fans clearing snow from the pitch then...lol.

As good a chance as any of them given the 'players' he has at the moment. Think the team needs a shake up....the U'21's are playing better than those who supposedly have experience!  As my hubby says.....'hoorah we are first at something', shame it was first to be out of World Cup qualifying.!

What's your view on Gordon Strachan?  Do you think he'll be given a long-term chance?

Strachan will not help Scotland, he`s a failure in England at club level, at Coventry, Middlesbrough and elsewhere, whereas even I could guide Celtic to the Scottish prem title.

When did you win that one Sedg? Not footie this weekend for us. Andy not playing as he is away through to Glasgow for a friends wedding and the U'15's no games for next two weekends due to the Easter holidays. What is the betting the weather is good this weekend!

Good Friday is the biggest day in the Cornish footballing calendar, seeing many local derbies, so it was fantastic to see us establish ourselves as the number one club in St Austell Bay!

In a wild and reckless burst of enthusiasm I did a quick bit of maths and fugured out that we're still in the title race, despite being 6th at the moment.  If we win all of our remaining games (that's 10 of them!), we can finish with 72 points.  The present leaders currently have 71 points with 8 games to play.  We can do it - who needs realism?!

Finally got a game on this weekend.  Sunday was the semi-final of the Wear Valley League Cup.  West Auckland WMC V Staindrop.

Staindrop won 2-1 and it was all my fault apparently.  West Auckland thought the winning goal shouldn't have been allowed.  West Auckland's keeper was flattened by his own defender and they thought i should have given a foul as the Staindrop player put the ball into the empty net.  Anyway at full time they surround me and i end up sending 2 off for their language.

This week i have Willington V Hartlepool Reserves in the Wearside League tomorrow.  Should be fun & games again as Willington need to win to cement top spot in the League.  Saturday I have the South Durham Bowl semi-final and on Sunday the second semi in the Wear Valley League Cup.  Am thinking there will be lots of cards dished out this week.

Well done for the sendings off Richard.  The language in most games down here is truly shocking and the majority of our refs seem too intimidated to do anything about it.

I'm still on a high from yesterday though.  Our Reserves managed to win the Cornwall Junior Cup with an 89th minute goal!  It was now or never as they look likely to be promoted to senior football next season and won't be eligible for the Junior Cup! :yahoo:

Edited by Sedge

Well done for the sendings off Richard.  The language in most games down here is truly shocking and the majority of our refs seem too intimidated to do anything about it.

I'm still on a high from yesterday though.  Our Reserves managed to win the Cornwall Junior Cup with an 89th minute goal!  It was now or never as they look likely to be promoted to senior football next season and won't be eligible for the Junior Cup! :yahoo:

Well done Sedge.  To win any County Cup is a great achievement.

:doowapstart:  :hyper:  Way to go the Reserves..amazing what a good win does for days after the event.

Won't have anything to report on Andy and footie this weekend, as he is in New York for some of his mates. U'15's no game due to the hols and lack of players so the put in for another free week. He is a bit gutted though as Glendale got through a 1/4 final on Saturday (AET) in a local shield cup game, but he was at a friends wedding, so not playing. This weekend all being well they will play in the semi and he will miss it. Hope they get through to the final though.

Would he be free for the final Inver?

We've just ground out a 1-1 draw against a team who are in the bottom half of the table, but who are also in red hot form at the moment.  It was a fair result, but we were so close to climbing to 4th (that's where the prize money is)!  The games will come thick and fast now!

He would probably have been free yes, except they were beaten 1-0 today in the semi-final :blush2: . An unlucky free kick that went round the wall and in. He is actually away until Wednesday and is going to miss playing two mid week games now. Monday and Wednesday.

Not heard that much from him except that they were going to a baseball game on Thursday and it is also Tartan Week over in NY and were joining the big parade him and his mates as they all had their Scotland tops with them :giggle2:

Unlucky Inver, maybe he'll have better luck next year.

Yesterday afternoon we were at home to Plymouth Parkway in 2nd place.  We expected to have a near impossible job just to get a draw, but in the end we comfortably beat them 2-0 for our result of the season!  The team immediately above us managed a draw, so we couldn't quite take 4th spot, but we're only behind on goal difference now and have two games in hand.  A win against the bottom club on Tuesday will put us in the top 4 - good times!

There are plenty of games left, so maybe top 3 could be possible by the beginning of May - I don't want to get my hopes up, but it's good to dream!

We just managed to scrape a 2-1 win tonight.  A truly awful performance, but it was enough to push us into 4th.  Interesting fact - we have the best record in the league against the top 6 teams, but the worst against the bottom 3.  Spooky!

Edited by Sedge

A win is a win as they say. 4th is good. Glendale got beat Monday night and were playing again tonight, but managed to get a draw and a point so better than nothing...1-1. Unfortunately they are sitting 3rd bottom at the moment, but still have quite a few games in hand due to cup commitments, bad weather etc. so still time to pick up some points hopefully!