More football

Lilywhite

Fingers crossed!  In the meantime our first team are at home to Elburton Villa this afternoon.  This is the 3rd placed side that we beat 7-2 a couple of weeks ago - I think they'll still be the favourites for the win though!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Footie today for Andy and the boys....game would have been better had a ref turned up who knew how to ref! Andy got the first goal but denied a second for some reason best known to the ref! We were beaten 3-2 in the end....should have had at least a point. Both teams were shouting across the pitch at each other and at the ref, sorry Rich the Ref I know it is hard sometimes, but some of his decisions were !!!!!

Elburton were really up for today's match and completely took us apart in the first half.  I'll never know how we were only 1-0 down at half time.  A bit more quality and spark saw us equalise in the second half for an excellent point!

Now we thankfully have a run of games against struggling sides - that'll be nice as we've come through 4 really tough games without defeat!

Good stuff for the boys Sedge....seems like things are going well for them this season...long may it continue.

U'15's....Andy said this morning that he wasn't bothered about the score he just wanted to see them play some decent footie. I arrived a  wee bit late and his dad said, down 3-0...oh joy. I then saw another 3 go in the net! Two def offside and who knows about the others. One of Andy's coaching helpers had a word with the ref at half time, don't know what he said, but he was more in favour with our run of play. Have to say too they did improve a lot in the second half and got a goal back....final score 7-1. He didn't yell at them but said to take away the positive things they were doing and apply them in all their remaining games and results will come . Also had a few shift arounds in the team and the out of position players seemed to cope well. See what next weekend brings!

For Bradford the games against Wigan, Arsenal and Aston Villa were their cup-finals. It may have been a disappointing end but the remarkable achievement of getting their will live long in the memory of the fans (not to mention the financial benefits that have come from it too).

I made the trip down to Wembley and I have to say it was absolutely incredible, regardless of the results. I don't know if it was easy to see on television but the Bradford fans sang their hearts out for 90mins (even while getting progressively behind), and the Swansea fans seemed quiet and disappointing to me - but perhaps I'm biased.

Nevertheless they deserved and I was happy anyway - they really do play some attractive football, and of course they have their own little fairytale in going all the way and achieving European football. Congratulations to them and to Bradford for both playing their parts.

All I could see, all I could hear..were Bantams, Bantams, Bantams. I too like Swansea, but wanted Bradford to win..I used to live on Keighley rd, a mile from VP!!! Well done.

Footie today for Andy and the boys....game would have been better had a ref turned up who knew how to ref! Andy got the first goal but denied a second for some reason best known to the ref! We were beaten 3-2 in the end....should have had at least a point. Both teams were shouting across the pitch at each other and at the ref, sorry Rich the Ref I know it is hard sometimes, but some of his decisions were !!!!!

I am assuming this was seniors (adults)?  We have all had bad games in the past but doing the shouting and screaming thing does not work.  When i have had this sort of reaction i find i tend to go into my shell and things go from bad to worse.  I usually know when i have made a mistake, don't need anybody else to rub it in.  Remember that all referees are good, just smoe are better than others.  If the referee was really a top notch official the likl;ihood is he will not be appointed to parks football.   

3 games this weekend and not a yellow card.  Happy days.

However, i am at Willington tonight for their game against Cleator Moor Celtic.  They are both due to play each other again shortly in the League Cup final.  Should be interesting.  Problem is that i will probably not get home tonight until 11.00pm ish as there is an assessor at the game and i am obliged to meet the club officials for food after the game.

Had a nightmare last night of my own making.   Should have sent off the forward for the home side but thought i would give him a 2nd chance.  At the end of the game as we were leaving the pitch i told him that he had been lucky and if there had been an assessor present he would have left me with no option.  Away team goalkeeper heard this and kicked off big style wanting to report me to the league and FA.  Have heard nothing thus far so assume he has thought better of it.

St Austell have just had an awful result against the team who are next to bottom of the table.  This team have only managed 2 wins since the beginning of October.  Oh dear.  To make things even more interesting, our next opponents have just managed a 12-1 victory! :o

Edited by Sedge

Good grief did your team not turn up then Sedge!

Nothing to report from the weekend here....Saturday ...off waterlogged pitch....and Sunday the 'white stuff' came back :coolsnow:

This is getting quite involved now.  On Saturday, Torpoint Athletic beat Penzance 12-1.  We were due to play Torpoint last night, but it was postponement business as usual - our pitch was frozen.  Now our next match will be against Penzance on Saturday, but the weather forecast makes it likely that we'll end up waterlogged!  5 weeks left to play 13 games - it could get tiring!

:D ... do you think he will come! Nae footie here today as expected...waterlogged pitches.

Will be watching rugby later probably.

Edited by Inver

Many matches postponed to to rain this afternoon, but incredibly ours wasn't one of them!  We managed to put in quite a half-hearted performance to beat Penzance 4-1 (Penzance being no strangers to conceding 10+ goals per game).  If we played like that against anybody else, we would have been well beaten, but 3 points is 3 points.  I suppose it shows how far we've come over the last 5 years that we can be mildly disappointed by a 4-1 win!

Still, can't complain too much as our local rivals lost today for the first time in 5 matches - I'm not one to revel in the misfortunes of other, but I think I can allow myself a good gloat just this once! :harhar:

Glad you managed games....total wash out here this weekend. Nice to hear of local rivals having a bad day. ;)  Might not be much better this weekend either given the horrid weather, wet, snowy, slushy...you name we are getting it just now.

Looks like another rough weather weekend is on the way for us as well, but for tonight we're up against Ivybridge Town.  A win will put us above St Blazey (our neighbours), so I'm feeling confident!

Update - unfortunately the heavens opened 10 minutes before kick-off, so we added to our many postponements. :badmood:

Edited by Sedge

Sounds like we are in for a spate of mid week games soon!

Ah well Scotland v Wales coming up on Friday with our new manager Gordon Strachan...hope they boys play a decent game for him!

I think our boys will be the same up here Sedge, been absolutely horrible all week, if not wet, snowing and if not snowing, really windy and cold...sigh. Spring!

Oh and can I shout Come on Scotland.....so far ref being rotten to us!

OK...shouting at the telly didn't help. No game today for Andy although the primary school team he has been coaching, played. They now have a tally of played 4 won 4 with him and through to the next round of a cup. He is well chuffed. Very cold here again, so suspect the game today won't be on later at 12.30pm.

Well done Andy!  What's it like up there at the moment Inver - still snowbound?

The rain has stopped down here, so we're hoping that Tuesday's match against Liskeard will be OK.  Should be a straight forward win against a team who are next to bottom of the table.  (Note - that's exactly what I said when they beat us a couple of weeks ago!)