More football

Lilywhite

Weekend again.....Andy & Glendale no game today....again...just training.

Hopefuly U'15's will get a game tomorrow, their pitch was being used this afternoon, so as long as it doesn't snow/freeze tonight they should be OK.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St Austell had no scheduled match yesterday, so as expected we had a beautiful sunny afternoon!  I hope you're right about the year of the underdog itsmeagain - next week we're away at the mighty Elburton Villa who are in 3rd place and are on a superb unbeaten run!

Well, Andy and hubby trundled off in falling snow to set up for U'15's footie half hour ago. The away team were coming down from Peterhead which is a good 40 mins drive away to have the ref call the game off. Don't think I would have been too happy if I was the away team. Surprised it wasn't called off earlier this morning to be honest. These things happen I guess, but frustrating.

Hope you enjoyed your afternoon in the sun Sedge.....lol :D

I'm a happy man!  We've just beaten 3rd placed Elburton Villa 7-2!  They've just been on a 7 match winning run, are only 9 points from the top and are the only team to have beaten the champions and league leaders in the last 16 months.  I'd call that a job well done! :smile:

Great stuff Sedge...good feeling that I bet, especially when  you disrupt a good winning run. :smile:

Good news this end too....snow/rain etc, did not stop play today. Andy and Glendale actually managed to fulfill the cup game that has been called off about 6 times! Good news too they won it 4-3 in the end. Andy managed to score and goal which took them to 3-2 lead just before full time, but unfortunately they gave away a free kick which was score to make it 3-3 and extra time. They managed the winner though and the guy who scored it made it his 200th goal for Glendale and was awarded a long service award at the end of the game with that performance. So all in all a good day at the office ;)

No game for U'15's tomorrow though.

Edited by Inver

Sun is out, conditions are good.....could be a full quota of footie games this weekend.

Andy is now involved with helping coach a primary school footie team this morning. This is in his capacity as Culter YFC development Officer. One of the other primary schools local to CYFC asked him to come along and found out their primary school team doesn't acutally have a designated coach so he has taken this on now too. He is away to watch them play at the moment. They only play 7-a-side at this age (used to be 11 but it was changed). I'm sure all this taking on voluntary stuff is going to get confusing and clash at some point!

Result.....1 coaching session/1 game = 1 win 5-1. Wee guys in the team came up to him after saying thanks for the win :smile: . He hopes they aren't expecting it every week though. Few of the players have potential and he says they pretty much need a bit of organising and settling in to positions. The guy they had in goals wasn't their usual (who isn't very good apparently) and did a good job. He was impressed with a couple of their defenders too.

Shame can't say 'result' for this afternoon and Glendale. This was the next round of the cup from last week, but unfortunately beaten and put out 4-1. Bit annoying really as they did so well for their win last week and this team are in the league below them...but there again strange things happen in cup games. Was good to see him getting to play in his old position today up front, but no goals were had for him today.

See how U'15's get on tomorrow....he doesn't want any other result than a win tomorrow! :blush2:

Mixed fortunes for you then Inver.

We drew 3-3 with the team in 5th place, which would have been seen as a fantastic result, but for the fact that we were 3-1 up with 20 minutes to go.  Then we just folded and settled for the point.  I can't really complain though as our 3rd goal was clearly offside and the referee gave it.  Although if a goal like that had been given against us, I would have been slightly miffed to say the least!  Phew!

Glendale went 2-0 too and we were hoping for a similar comeback like last week, but not to be...no extra time this week...just as well was :cold: on the side lines again.

Shakes head in despair....U'15's beaten 2-0. Andy isn't quite sure what he can do with this lot to get them to put in to practice what the do at training....! Bottom of the table

Played 10.....won 0....drawn 2.....lost 8....not a good season! Not playing like they did to get 2nd place promotion last season!

Edited by Inver

Was due to referee 1 game on Saturday and 2 on Sunday.  Both called off as we had about 3 inches of snow fall in County Durham on Friday night/Saturday morning.  Am sick as have only had 2 games in February, 3 in January and 4 in December due to the weather.

Am due to do a local pub team games this Saturday & Sunday.  Also due to referee Willington V Cleator Moor Celtic next Monday.

A friend was down Durham way at weekend and said the snow conditions were bad so not surprised there . Nice to see you joining our thread Richard.

No problem.  Have got a game on wednesday night.  Northallerton V Newton Aycliffe.  so will not be home till at least midnight after i speak with the assessor and have some after match refeshments & food.

Welcome to the thread Richard.  What level do you ref at?

Our Reserves are playing in the Cornwall Junior Cup Area Final tonight.  A win would put us in the overall Cup Final on Easter Monday - here's hoping!

:empathy: 

year of the underdog, i hope. Bradford city and Swansea in league cup final, Burkina Faso will try lifting their first ever African cup of nations trophy v Nigeria..and England deservedly beat a fairly lethargic Brazil 2 1. Cmon England. ;)

Ah well. Bradford hammered, Burkina Faso beaten...drama over I guess..ho hum. :empathy:

Welcome to the thread Richard.  What level do you ref at?

Our Reserves are playing in the Cornwall Junior Cup Area Final tonight.  A win would put us in the overall Cup Final on Easter Monday - here's hoping!

Sedge - i am currently level 3 but am fully expecting to be demoted to level 5 for next season.  I had an operation on my knee, meniscus, last April and have never fully recovered from it.  Problem is i now cannot run long distances and will therefore be unable to pass the fitness test.  The FA gave me dispensation for this season but cannot see it happening next. 

How did you get on last night?

Sorry to hear about the knee Richard - do the levels correspond with the league pyramid levels?

Last night our Reserves led until Bude scored a last minute equaliser to force extra time.  Then they took the lead 5 minutes later, but we came back with our own equaliser 6 minutes after that.  There were no more goals, so it went to penalties.  We put our first 3 away and Bude missed every time!

Now the Reserves are looking to the overall Junior Cup Final on Easter Monday - Good Times! :jump:

Ah well. Bradford hammered, Burkina Faso beaten...drama over I guess..ho hum. :empathy:

For Bradford the games against Wigan, Arsenal and Aston Villa were their cup-finals. It may have been a disappointing end but the remarkable achievement of getting their will live long in the memory of the fans (not to mention the financial benefits that have come from it too).

I made the trip down to Wembley and I have to say it was absolutely incredible, regardless of the results. I don't know if it was easy to see on television but the Bradford fans sang their hearts out for 90mins (even while getting progressively behind), and the Swansea fans seemed quiet and disappointing to me - but perhaps I'm biased.

Nevertheless they deserved and I was happy anyway - they really do play some attractive football, and of course they have their own little fairytale in going all the way and achieving European football. Congratulations to them and to Bradford for both playing their parts.

Am I right in remembering that they made it stick for 2 seasons in the Premier League Ben?  Staying up was another huge achievement.  Here's an interesting piece of trivia - Bradford City play in the same colours as Bishop Bronescombe's first team in 1985.  (That's my old primary school.)  Not a lot of people know that!

Sorry to hear about the knee Richard - do the levels correspond with the league pyramid levels?

Last night our Reserves led until Bude scored a last minute equaliser to force extra time.  Then they took the lead 5 minutes later, but we came back with our own equaliser 6 minutes after that.  There were no more goals, so it went to penalties.  We put our first 3 away and Bude missed every time!

Now the Reserves are looking to the overall Junior Cup Final on Easter Monday - Good Times! :jump:

Sedge the levels do tend to corrsepond with the pyramid.   Level 3s will generally ref at contrib standard.  Level 2s will do football league and level 1s Premier League, European and International games.  Last season, before the injury,  i was doing a few Premier league reserve games. 

When is your final played and what are the chances of bringing home some silverware?     

We're at Step 6, but maybe one day we'll follow Truro City to Step 3!

Our Reserves play Illogan on Easter Monday.  This is Illogan's third consecutive Cornwall Junior Cup Final (having won once), but our Reserves are flying at the top of the Duchy League.  They've won promotion as divisional champions every season for the last 6 years.  If they go up again, they'll leave Junior football so this could be their last chance at the Junior Cup!

Our first team have reached the Senior Cup Final twice in the last 3 years, so it's great to see the lads in the Reserves getting some real recognition for a change!