More football

Lilywhite

The frustrating thing is that the medical team knew full well his injuries when they paid over 15 mil for him, he was too stubborn to sit back for a bit and let his knees heal, probably desperate to impress. He was a fundamental part of the Champions League win in '08 if he can get anywhere near that level he'll be useful. Luckily we have plenty of midfielders in there so if it doesn't work out for him, it's not so bad for us, it'll be a bonus if he can get stuck into things and ready for next season with no major setbacks. Like MO7 has got some decent games in and looked great when he hasn't been on the medical table.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sense a big clear-out coming at the end of the season. Vidic is unsettled, Neville is old and broken down, Scholes is contemplating leaving to get some regular first team footie, Gibson isn't a United player and the less said about Anderson and Berbatov the better. On top of that there are the injury prone players like Hargreaves and Owen. I also wouldn't be shocked to see Ferdinand sold, he is getting very injury prone and his play has become very inconsistent.

Well I don't think Anderson will go anywhere for another season, the injury put the end to that and Ferguson won't rid him until he is sure he isn't going to progress like Nani has managed to. Gibson i'm still unsure of, think he's not good enough for the midfield, but then again Carrick isn't untouchable and Fletcher doesn't fit in every two man midfield game. Scholes will stay and retire a Man U player i think, unless he still wants to finish at Oldham. Berba will stay as the manager is too stubborn to change that and he is a class player but we do need another firm striker, whether Owen can do that or one of the young players steps up I don't know.

Exciting news.... I'm going to Wembley for the FA Cup Semi-final! Eeek! I went last time too, it was amazing (I also went to the Final, good times!). My parents are Pompey season-ticket holders - I used to be too but then had to work on Saturdays - but season ticket holders can have 2 tickets each so my parents are taking me and my hubby! :smile2:

I think that this is good, it is nice for the smaller teams to get a shot. Celtic and Rangers dominate too much of Scottish football.

We are actually hoping for Raith Rovers v Ross County final :smile2:(if they can put out Celtic!)

When did Raith last reach a major cup final Inver? I seem to remember an occasion in the 90s (or was it a dream?)

This afternoon St Austell play in the real crunch match against Perranporth, our title rivals. It's a game we have to win to have a realistic shot at promotion.

St Austell 4 Perranporth 5

We were awful from the start, going 3-0 down after 20 minutes. Then we woke up and levelled the scores before half-time!

I think Perranporth are headed for the title now, but we're not dead and buried yet!

Any game for Glendale today Inver?

I think if you put flashing lights, a naked lady and a fridge full of booze in and around the goal the Swans wouldn't be able to score a goal at the moment.

To be fair Johnny nor would i ;) i'd be too busy getting drunk and trying to get off with the naked lady :smile2:

Hi Johnny, I have no interest in football they are a bunch of overpaid poofters. Just trying to attract your attention. I am gonna be here till 8am sunday again so PM me if you want to chat ? Or are you going out anywhere?

Ahh, old fat frank actually played for The Swans

I didn't know that

A 4 - 0 win against Bolton, they needed a convincing win after Chelsea hit Villa for 7. Even more impressed that we were able to score 4 without the help of Rooney, but against better opponents we'd be lost without him, get the finger out Fergie and get us a striker in the summer that'll share Waynes workload.

St Austell 4 Perranporth 5

We were awful from the start, going 3-0 down after 20 minutes. Then we woke up and levelled the scores before half-time!

I think Perranporth are headed for the title now, but we're not dead and buried yet!

Any game for Glendale today Inver?

Unlucky result for you today then Sedge....still time hopefully for you to pull back again.

I didn't get to game today, but hubby went along. The had a second round cup tie against a 1st Div team, but unlucky to go out 3-2 defeat, they were denied a clear penalty seemingly and the it should have been a clear red and goalie off, but ref thought different apparently :smile2:. One last chance in another cup later on.

I didn't know that

A 4 - 0 win against Bolton, they needed a convincing win after Chelsea hit Villa for 7. Even more impressed that we were able to score 4 without the help of Rooney, but against better opponents we'd be lost without him, get the finger out Fergie and get us a striker in the summer that'll share Waynes workload.

He only game on loan to us, when he first started as a youngster at west ham, still a good player though

1995–1996 → Swansea City (loan) 9 (1)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Lampard

what's the score? i cut off sky sports havent got it anymore. WHich it has just dawned on me wasnt the most sensible thing to do seeing as the south wales derby is on, on the weekend. :D

Always the way Johnny :smile2: Sods law

Newcastle Vs Forest tonight :D I want to watch it but can't because I have too much work to do. So Sky Sports is on the background of my computer :smile2:

:blush: You should've waited a bit. That'll be an interesting game.

It's still 0-0. Except Forest will probably score as soon as I post this :smile2:

My eldest and some college mates went down to Newcastle yesterday and were at the match....glad the won Steph 2-0. He sent his dad a text saying he was well impressed with St James Park, the had tickets for well up the back of one of the stands (think in away stand though, but am sure they were supporting, quietly, Newcastle). Says it was well worth the

My eldest and some college mates went down to Newcastle yesterday and were at the match....glad the won Steph 2-0. He sent his dad a text saying he was well impressed with St James Park, the had tickets for well up the back of one of the stands (think in away stand though, but am sure they were supporting, quietly, Newcastle). Says it was well worth the