Five facts...

Michelle

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The best day of my life so far.- My wedding day. Magical.

2. The worst day of my life so far.- Receiving a telephone call at 4am on a tuesday from my Dad telling me my mum had passed away. Devestating.

3. Scariest day of my life so far.- Living in Indiana in the U.S. our area got hit by a tornado. The house five houses down the street was completely obliterated.

4. At 18, thinking I'd failed all my 'A' levels, I did a runner, jumped on a plane, and left the country. Turns out I passed them all!! But didn't return to the U.K untill I was 25!

4. My worst habit: Biting my nails! Have done this since childhood, and have never been able to stop. Half the time, I don't know I'm even doing it.

5 more...

1. I don't know my actual eye color because it constantly changes depending on what colors I wear. Some days they are green and some they are bright blue. My driver's licence says blue but they are green most of the time. (or so I think)

2. My dad, stepmom and I are all trained storm chasers. I love tornado watching but am petrified to drive in 1 inch of snow.

3. I had a poem published in a book when I was 15 as a prize for winning a writing contest that my teacher made me enter. I didn't want to write it and ended up just scribbling down something that I thought would be rejected and handed it into her without much thought of the poem's content. I was so embaressed of that piece of work that I threw the copy of the book that they gave me away. I wish I still had it . (That teacher was the one who eventually inspired me and encouraged me to be a professional writer.)

4. I have no feeling in any of my toes except for the big ones due to several (and by several I mean hundreds) of hours playing soccer barefoot. I hated wearing shoes as a kid and my feet are forever screwed up because of it. Though it is kind of nice in a way because if I stub one of them I can't feel the pain :D

5. I snort sometimes when I laugh so I try to avoid laughing around people.

1. I may have mentioned this before, (if so, apologies), I do not have my ears pierced because I am too scared to do it, despite having numerous tattoos, I think I have a weird thing about my ears.

2. My Great~Grandad was very superstitious, he believed in banshees, etc and that every house should have a cat, as you know, my family are a cat family :(

3. I fall asleep (when I sleep) at the drop of a hat, I can sleep standing up! I also fell asleep getting a tattoo done and I had to be woken up.:D

4. I have a very dirty laugh, I am so self conscious about it, I try not to laugh.

5. The older I get the more embarrassed I get. :lol:

1) The radio/cd player in my car hasn't worked for about 18 months, so I am frequently singing in my car ~ often without realising.

2) My favourite (ever) pair of shoes were purple suede. I loved them 'til the day they finally could be worn no more ~ and I miss them still.

3) If I could get away with it I would throw out all my trinkets and nick-knacks and have more bookshelves (and books!).

4) I love clocks, although we own few.

5) I now have a massive urge to find the perfect joke and tell it in Weave's company, just to hear her laugh!

4) I love clocks, although we own few.

I hate the sound of ticking clocks. I have a Beatles clock hanging on the wall in my kitchen. I purposely put a flat battery in it so it doesn't even work. The funny thing is, 95% of the time it doesn't work, then one day I will suddenly hear ticking and it will last a day or two (I try to tolerate it) before it stops again. I don't even bother setting the time on it though.

It was ticking too much yesterday so I finally took the battery out. Now it just hangs there looking pretty. :D

"Clocks should be seen and not heard" is my new motto.

I would also love to hear Weave's laugh!

1. I agree with Kylie and Janet about the ticking clocks. We have two in the living room and they tick out of time so I have to turn the TV up :D

2. I have green eyes.

3. I collect Eeyore things, especially cups. I have three giant Eeyores, over 30 mugs, as well as magnets, coasters, money box, ornaments etc.

4. My favourite meal is chicken curry :(

5. I am addicted to the computer :lol:

1. My favourite film is Pulp Fiction

2. My favourite song is Whiter Shade of Pale by Procol Harum

3. I am NOT an animal person

4. I can't stand text speak (txt spk), if someone can't be bothered to type out a message properly for me then i can't be bothered to reply

5. If you knock at my door after 9pm and i'm not expecting you i won't be answering

1. I have an older sister who lends me lots of books :D

2. I have two gorgeous step daughters who are turning out to be little bookworms too :lol:

3. I met my husband on the internet 3 years ago and couldn't be happier.

4. I own a business making wedding dresses which sucks up nearly all my time

and number 5. I totally agree with ned above.

5. If you knock at my door after 9pm and I'm not expecting you, I won't be answering.

Same applies for the telephone.

Edited by Echo

Here's five more facts...

1. I'm about to be a 41 year old grandmommy for the SECOND time:tong:

2. I'm old fashioned as in I love to learn to do things the old fashioned way because you never know when your going to need to use those skills!

3. I dislike the month of August, even though me and daughter were born in August) the month seems to blasted long and HOT:lol:

4. I have wide, flat feet, like a plattapuss.

5. I love my seafood BROILED, smothered in butter and garlic, not fried!

I have just realised I spent nearly half an hour reading this thread (not all of it), how time flies!

Anyways my 5 are:

- I am oldest of 3 (1 sis, 1 bro)

- I was born in Jan 1991 in England

- I have 11 GCSE's, 1 diploma and Im currently studying for my 2nd diploma (Child Psychology).

- I have waitressed for the Freemasons (as in the organisation, or cult, as some call it that have the secret handshakes and whatnot) for two years.

- I absolutely love fast food and takeaways and eat waaaay more of it than I should- why can't I love fruit!?!

:giggle:

I have waitressed for the Freemasons (as in the organisation, or cult, as some call it that have the secret handshakes and whatnot) for two years.

:giggle: I come across these guys a lot when i research various things.

:giggle: I come across these guys a lot when i research various things.

Some people have never heard of them and I have to go into a long winded explanation and others are like "Oh, they actually exist" lol. Even after 2 years I know little more than everyone else does about them..very secretive. Probably shouldn't even talk about it!

Apparently a lot of Presidents have consistently been 33rd Degree Masons and various other people within influential positions throughout present day and history, interesting to know if there are elements of truth to it! :giggle:

Officially the coolest fact of the thread

Well thank you very much.

I can quite believe that influential people have been freemasons. They all seem very well educated, and on the most part friendly businessman.

Interesting fact I got told from work: Up until 2-3 years ago only girls were allowed to serve the freemasons (at the place I work if not everywhere), the logic behind it being that we 'wouldn't understand' what they were talking about, whereas boys would. :giggle:

I'm not saying they are sexist in any way but erm..yeah come to your own conclusion about that one.

Oh yeah i think there is a similar society for women, i remember reading about it. I see how it is energising and productive to gather intelligent and motivated people together but in such societies i don't really agree with why it needs to be done in such ways, it seems like just being drawn into carrying on a tradition of secrecy for the sake of it.

Though I have read through many different sources, that you can't really go above a certain level anyway unless you pay a lot of money for the 'degrees' and are in a very influential position, then you are 'in' with all the powerbrokers. There are tales that it all links back to the generations and worshipping of Ra(?) and various strange Gods and that these people and families have always ran the world :S I know i'm WAY off topic but i do that :giggle: Conspiracies are interesting discussion!

Certainly a cool fact though!

Another fact for Rawr - He doesn't know when to shut up!