Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished The Kite Runner in two sittings, I really enjoyed it although it's not my usual thing. I only bought it because it was 25p in a second hand shop and I'd heard of it!

I'm half way through Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman, so far so good.

I am really enjoying 'The Knife of Never Letting Go' by Patrick Ness :D

And I ordered from amazon ~

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (its one of my favourite books but I misplaced my copy i.e I gave it to someone and forgot to get it back :))

The Dead Father's Club by Matt Haig

The Last Family in England by Matt Haig

^I have read those too but I no longer have my copies :lol:

I got the following from the post office today:

Lois Lowry: Anastasia, Absolutely

Lois Lowry: Anastasia at This Address

Lois Lowry: Anastasia's Chosen Career

Lois Lowry: Anastasia Has the Answers

The Anastasia -novels was my favorite series when I was growing up and I still enjoy reading the books 1-5. It wasn't until rather recently that I found out that Lowry has written 4 more books in the series and they just haven't been translated to Finnish, so these 4 books are actually ones I've never read before. I cannot express how excited I was when I heard that there was more to the series and that I could actually order the books and they were cheap as well :)

The Anastasia -novels was my favorite series when I was growing up and I still enjoy reading the books 1-5. It wasn't until rather recently that I found out that Lowry has written 4 more books in the series and they just haven't been translated to Finnish, so these 4 books are actually ones I've never read before.

I remember reading at least once of these when I was younger, but I've never been able to remember which. I do know that I enjoyed it though. I think if I find any cheap I might buy them. :D

How exciting to find out that there are 4 more for you to enjoy! :)

I've read another chunk of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (for some reason I thought you'd already read this, Frankie) and I'm going to order a couple of books with the last of my Christmas vouchers today. :lol:

I remember reading at least once of these when I was younger, but I've never been able to remember which. I do know that I enjoyed it though. I think if I find any cheap I might buy them. :D

How exciting to find out that there are 4 more for you to enjoy!

If you find the book/s cheap you should definitely try it out! ;) Or maybe you could borrow one from the library and see if you'd like it? You should start from the first novel, Anastasia Krupnik. When I was rereading these books last year I still found them surprisingly insightful and enjoyable. Anastasia is a preteen and will grow to a teenager during the series but she's not like the modern angst-ridden teenagers. And you'll find that she loves making lists :lol:

I've read another chunk of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (for some reason I thought you'd already read this, Frankie) and I'm going to order a couple of books with the last of my Christmas vouchers today. :D

Nope, not me. I didn't even think of reading the trilogy because I though it was too political, but my friend was raving about the books when we met during holidays and proved my impressions wrong. She convinced me I should read the books :roll: Are you enjoying TGwtDT so much that you'll be reading the other books as well?

Last night I read about 30 pages of Lost Souls and Lonely Hearts before falling asleep, I really need to and want to finish it today :)

Only read 75 pages over the weekend. I have been so busy I have just not had the time, and I don't think that I am going to have time tonight either :lol:. I am determined to get some reading done tomorrow night.

@Kylie - How are you liking the Girl with the Dragon?

Yay for buying matching editions! And even better that you managed to find such an old edition.

I know - I couldn't believe my luck! :lol:

I found The Day of the Triffids in a different second-hand bookshop and had to buy it as it was the same cover as when I read it at school in the 80s!

018-2009-Mar-16-TheDayoftheTriffids.jpg

I'm not holding out much hope of finding any more, but you never know...! ;)

I finish Anansi Boys, it wasn't as good as I had hoped but it wasn't a bad read.

Started the 14 instalment of the Anita Blake series...I don't know why I keep doing this to myself I'm bound to be disappointed.:lol:

Fingers Crossed my Amazon parcel will arrive today.

And you'll find that she loves making lists :roll:

Cool, she sounds like my type of gal!

Nope, not me. I didn't even think of reading the trilogy because I though it was too political, but my friend was raving about the books when we met during holidays and proved my impressions wrong. She convinced me I should read the books :) Are you enjoying TGwtDT so much that you'll be reading the other books as well?

It's not too political really. I find it especially interesting as it's a bit of an insight into another country and culture. I'll definitely be reading the rest of the trilogy, especially when I've heard the second one is even better! :lol:

@Kylie - How are you liking the Girl with the Dragon?

I love it, Catwoman, and I'm not even halfway through yet. I can't wait to find out what happens. A question or two: is the second book a completely different mystery but with some of the same characters (Mikael, Lisbeth)? Are the Vangers in the first book only?

018-2009-Mar-16-TheDayoftheTriffids.jpg

Nice cover! I was on LibraryThing yesterday, fixing the cover of my own copy, and realised that this book has a lot of awesome covers around. I don't think you can really go wrong with it. I'll probably end up with a few editions of this book one day. ;)