Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finishing up She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. Definitely a good read! Thinking about what I should read next : Peony in Love or The Boleyn Inheritance. Suggestions? (I know..two very random books but they're the only 2 I have on vaca with me haha)

I've been bogged down with uni stuff (last exam tomorrow! :friends0:) so my reading activity has been non-existent. However, I've just bought Q&A by Vikas Swarup after watching Slumdog Millionaire last night and can't wait to get started :)

Good Luck with the last exam mate!

Also can't wait to read what your thoughts are on that book.

Just got back from the post office and I got myself a brand new Karin Slaugter, titled Fractured. :)

Fantastic! :censored::D

Edited by catwoman
Spelling Mistake.

Finished Everlost by Neal Shusterman this morning before work,and started Elizabeth Chadwick's historical novel The Wild Hunt this evening. Also got A Dream Of Wolves by Michael White & Castle by J Robert Lennon by post today,so they're stacking up!:friends0:

I'm still working my way through Belching Out The Devil and Conjugal Rites - about half way through both of them.

Had 3 new books arrive courtesy of Amazon Marketplace:

Michael Tolliver Lives - Armisted Maupin

My Sister, My Love - Joyce Carol Oates

Distance - Ewan Morrison

It's amazing what you can justify when a book is 1p!

Finishing up She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. Definitely a good read! Thinking about what I should read next : Peony in Love or The Boleyn Inheritance. Suggestions? (I know..two very random books but they're the only 2 I have on vaca with me haha)

I have taken the liberty of starting a poll for you in the What Shall I Read Next...? forum. :friends0:

Today I've started Alphabeth of Thorn; I'm not very far into it but so far it's gorgeous :friends0: beautifully written, beautiful looking and feeling book, and it's about books - what more could one want?

Having received my refund from Amazon, I've also re-bought To Reign in Hell, The Kiss of Life and A Monster's Notes; instead of the other books I'd originally bought, which were in particular bad shape, I've ordered The Original Frankenstein (which brings together Mary Shelley's earliest surviving manuscript alongside the more well-known version edited by P.B. Shelley) - which it will be good to peruse before attacking A Monster's Notes* - and Olaf Stapledon's Starmaker: The Scholarly Edition.

Starmaker was a bit prohibitive so I set myself back an extra

Yesterday was a day for finishing books. I managed to finish A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson, Mr Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange and I also finished The Nations Favourite Poems. And by then it was time for bed. This brings my total books read this year to 7.

So today I'm in the strange position of not being in the middle of a book. I'm not sure what to start next though but I have about seventy to choose from though so I'm sure I will find something!!!

Today I will also be ordering some more thanks to suggestions from you guys :friends0:

Yesterday was a day for finishing books. I managed to finish , Mr Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange:)

What did you think of Mr Darcy Vampire? I thought it was quite good in the end.

As for me I have judt finished Shiver, what a great book in the end. Will be writing my review shortly.

Decided to go back to a bit of crime and murder so I am about to start Val McDermid's Fever of the bone.

I purchased 'My Cousin Rachel' by Daphne Du Maurier.

That book is BRILLIANT! I loved it :friends0: I hope you enjoy it :censored:

I finished reading Mrs de Winter by Susan Hill, which I was very dissapointed with.

I started reading Wicked by Gregory Maquire I am enjoying it :) I'm up to part 2 so far - really weird book :)

Only managed about 50 pages of Close To Shore on my day off yesterday, but I'm loving it. I thought it was just a story loosely based on the shark attacks off the coast of New Jersey in the early 1900's, but with fiction built in. It is however non-fiction, all about these attacks and I'm finding it fascinating! I really love Cappuzzo's writing style too :friends0:.

That book is BRILLIANT! I loved it :friends0: I hope you enjoy it :censored:

Thanks, looks like I made a good choice!

I'm still reading The Picture of Dorian Gray and am enjoying it immensely. I hope to finish it at the weekend and then will possibly be moving onto Small Island - Andrea Levy.