Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I lost my concentration on the book I was reading The scent of Shadows by Vicki Pettersson after reading the PDF file of Midnight Sun :lol: (Twilight 5ish) So I decided that I would give up on that book and read something in the same vain so I am reading Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. I need to get into this pileof Library books before I can read Breaking Dawn

I haven't done any reading today but have done plenty of buying. So much for getting through my tbr pile before buying anymore.

Anyway I have ordered:

Salem Falls- Jodi Picoult

The five people you meet in heaven- Mitch Albom

Falling- Sharon Dogar

Heaven Can Wait- Cally Taylor

A quiet belief in angels- R. J Ellory

I've just noticed there are a lot of heaven/angel themed ones. That wasn't intentional. I also ordered The inbetweeners series 1-2 boxset which I am most excited about!

I ordered some books on 31st Dec and some more on 8th Jan, because of the bad weather the first package was held up and I ended up receiving them both yesterday!!!:lol:

I am now the proud owner of -

Bitten by Kelly Armstrong

The Nations Favourite Poems

The Turn of the Screw by Henry James

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

1984 by George Orwell

& The Harlequin by L K Hamilton (I should have stopped reading this series 2 books ago but what can I say, I'm not a quiter.)

At the mo I am three quarters the way through A Short History of Nearly Everything and my brain feels like it might explode!

150 pages into Shiver, and it is reading nicely, I don't have as many powerful emotions as I did with Twilight and I am able to pull myself away for Mummy duties easily, yet for people missing Twilight this could be something for you.

Went food shoppping and I knew that one of the charity shops puts their new books on their shelves today so I popped in and came out with these books all for 50p each.

Daniel X; Watch the Skies - James Patterson (Hardback)

The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova ( I have this from the library but just not in the mood for it so I bought it so I can read it another time)

Season of the Witch - Natasha Mostert

Cookie that's a very nice haul! :lol:

I finished Too Close to Home last night (I'll probably do a review today) and started Lucy Dillon's Lost Dogs and Lonely Souls. I love the idea of the book and I want to like it so much but so far it's not convincing me. Maybe it's because I'd just finished that Barclay book.

Read about 50 pages of The Mermaid's Purse - it is getting better as the characters unfold the suspense builds. Going to listen to The Golden Bowl in a minute. That is also dissertation reading

I stopped in at a bookstore on the way home because I had time to kill. I honestly thought there was a good chance that I'd come away empty-handed, but I bought three books: :lol:

Graham Coleman & Thupten Jinpa (eds): The Tibetan Book of the Dead

Jack Kerouac: Maggie Cassidy

Meg Rosoff: How I Live Now

(Yippee! 5000 posts!)

I've nearly finished reading Mrs De Winter by Susan Hill but I must say I'm quite dissapointed with it.

Mrs de Winter is just moping around and one minute she is happy and the next she isn't. Nothing really seems to be happening and I find it very hard to believe that she hasn't grown int eh ten years she has spent travelling with Maxim.

I've been bogged down with uni stuff (last exam tomorrow! :friends0:) so my reading activity has been non-existent. However, I've just bought Q&A by Vikas Swarup after watching Slumdog Millionaire last night and can't wait to get started :censored: