Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

- C. J. Sansom: Dark Fire

- C. J. Sansom: Sovereign

- C. J. Sansom: Revelatio

Just checked out Sanson on Fantastic Fiction and wow Dissolution sounded amazing. Have you read that that Frankie? If not Pelase please please let me know what it is like when you are finished it as that one sounds right up my street!

CW.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checked out Sanson on Fantastic Fiction and wow Dissolution sounded amazing. Have you read that that Frankie? If not Pelase please please let me know what it is like when you are finished it as that one sounds right up my street!

CW.

I haven't read Dissolution yet CW but I have my reasons to believe that it will be just awesome! I bought the book less than 1 month ago so haven't had time to start it yet what with Christmas and being sick and all. There's a thread on Sansom's books on here by the way, people on here really seem to appreciate his novels! I'll be sure to let you know how I liked the book when I've finished it :)

I had the most wonderful trip to my favorite secondhand bookstore today :)

Good haul frankie! Hope you enjoy each and every one :)

Added to that, I collected my reserved book from the library, Men of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong, and I'm itching to start that as well now. :lol:

I really enjoyed this chesilbeach and as a Kelly Armstrong fan, I'm sure you will too :lol:

Read a bit more of Kiss Of Evil today, it's moving along nicely :)

Three of my books finally arrived today: Heaven Can Wait - Cally Taylor, Queen Of Babble Gets Hitched - Meg Cabot and French Kissing - Catherine Sanderson. I have to pick up the last book I'm waiting for from the mail depot tomorrow.

Decided to start Heaven Can Wait and am nearly half way through it already.

I haven't done much reading over the past week, which is unusual as I've had so much time off. I did finally finish Marian Keyes- The other side of the story which took a few weeks in the end. Im now about a third of the way through My sisters Keeper- Jodi Picoult.

Catching Fire (Hunger Games Book 2) by Suzanne Collins which I am enjoying, President Snow is horrible! if I met him, I would wack him over the head with a newspaper!:)

And I ordered from amazon ~

The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking) by Patrick Ness

The Ask and the Answer (Chaos Walking) by Patrick Ness

Started Digging To America by Anne Tyler - much better than I was expecting. Really interesting to see the mix of cultures and how they cope with raising adopting babies, with one couple (so far at least) wanting to retain the child's heritage, and the other happy to let their child be.

:roll:

Read a good few hundred pages of Crocodile Tears and got it finished not so long ago. :roll: Was fantastic, one of the best in the series in my opinion.

I'm about half way through Kiss Of Evil now and have just discovered it's the 2nd in a series :roll: I really hate it when that happens :motz:As I'm actually enjoying it, I'm gonna go ahead and finish it and just hope it doesn't spoil the first book for me :D

I had the most wonderful trip to my favorite secondhand bookstore today :roll: I stayed for over an hour, I found a lot of Swedish and German books in the English lit section and put them to their right sections, which made a lot of room in the English section so I could nicely do a little rearranging. Now it's all nice and organised :D

:lol: That sounds like something I would do. I found a huge and wonderful secondhand bookstore last week, and while the books were alphabetised, I was itching to alphabetise them further so all books by each author would be together. If I win lotto, I'm going to buy that shop and spent many happy weeks doing just that. :D

Finished quite a lot of little Garfield the cat books.

I used to have a bunch of these! I haven't read Garfield in ages, but he's one terrific cat. :D

I started re-reading Fahrenheit 451 today. I haven't yet finished The Silver Chair but I had to go to the doctor and couldn't take it with me as my Narnia books are all in one volume and it's far too cumbersome to lug around. Still, I'm hoping to get it finished today.

I did finally finish Marian Keyes- The other side of the story which took a few weeks in the end. Im now about a third of the way through My sisters Keeper- Jodi Picoult.

Loved both of these :D I'm jealous you're reading them for the first time! :D

I'm about half way through Kiss Of Evil now and have just discovered it's the 2nd in a series :roll: I really hate it when that happens :motz:As I'm actually enjoying it, I'm gonna go ahead and finish it and just hope it doesn't spoil the first book for me :D

I did this SAME thing with his other series.. Read the 2nd one first. It was all ok in the end, so I bet you'll be just fine, too!

I read about 30 more pages of The Help while at the gym tonight.. Will read some more before bedtime.

Oh no, Charm! I hate it when that happens too :D. Listen to Bethany - you'll be fine :roll:.

I read a bit of Dime Store Magic last night before bed and just about halfway through now, with more to be done tonight! :D

I received two books in the mail today, which I'm thrilled about. :roll: I ordered them ages ago and was afraid they'd been lost in the mail. So I have two more additions for my dystopian challenge:

Memoirs of a Survivor by Doris Lessing

Bend Sinister by Vladimir Nabokov

Frankie and Kylie, may I join the club? I've actually been known to re-shelve (by author, genre and special offer) volumes in high street bookshops - it's a scandal I'm not been asked to work for them on the spot, to be honest :roll:!

Sorry, I feel bad now. I should have told you when I realised. But I doubt it will make too much of a difference. :D

Frankie and Kylie, may I join the club? I've actually been known to re-shelve (by author, genre and special offer) volumes in high street bookshops - it's a scandal I'm not been asked to work for them on the spot, to be honest :D!

OMG I've done that too!!:D I've also re shelved in the library as I was browsing, I was getting funny looks from the librarians so I moved swiftly on.......:roll:

No new books to report on today. I'm still reading Death of a Chancellor which I have now been reading since before Christmas and I was really hoping to start the New Year reading list with a new book. Funnily enough, I was reading another in a Death of ..... series this time last year!:D

Frankie and Kylie, may I join the club? I've actually been known to re-shelve (by author, genre and special offer) volumes in high street bookshops - it's a scandal I'm not been asked to work for them on the spot, to be honest :D!

OMG I've done that too!!:D I've also re shelved in the library as I was browsing, I was getting funny looks from the librarians so I moved swiftly on.......:roll:

The more the merrier! Re-shelving by special offer is certainly an interesting idea, Giulia!

I'm about to finish The Silver Chair by CS Lewis, and then I'll be able to focus all of my attention on Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury...at least, until I get distracted by another book!

I still have done no reading but I went onto my Library reserve site this morning to check my reserve list and AAAAAAAH more have come in so I now have another three to pick up which brings it up to six, they are:

Sweet Scent of Blood - Suzanne McLeod

Betrayed - P.C.Cast

Fever of the Bone - Val McDermid

Witch Child - Celia Rees

Patricia Brigs - Blood Bound

Maggie Stiefvater - Shiver

I really need to kick my mojo into gear and try and get some reading done ASAP!