Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

In a minute, I'm going to try erect my new mini-shelf; if I'm successful, much OCD cataloguing fun will ensure :)!

Yay! Enjoy! I have a few books to put away myself, meaning some reorganising of bookshelves. It's such a pleasant way to pass the time, isn't it? :D

I hope you like The Outisders, Kylie! It is truly a wonderful book, and definitely see the film too if you have the chance ;). Oh, and SE Hinton is actually a woman :lol:. I looked up her biography, and apparently just before publishing The Outsiders she shortened her name from Susan Eloise to SE so boys wouldn't know she was female, therefore putting them off reading the book I suppose. I had never known that about her.

Ooh, don't I feel silly? :D For some reason it never crossed my mind that SE Hinton could be a woman! She sure had me fooled then. :D

I'm finally making progress with The Silver Chair. It's going along nicely, but it's strange getting used to the fact that the Pevensie kids aren't in it.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay! Enjoy! I have a few books to put away myself, meaning some reorganising of bookshelves. It's such a pleasant way to pass the time, isn't it?

Indeed :D.

Or it would have been a pleasant way to pass the time ;) were it not that (due to OH's poorliness and my lack of DIY skills) we somehow managed to screw the side panels upside down onto the likewise upside-down base board; this could not be undone as the cheap-:) screwdrivers I'd bought for the occasion had self-destructed by then.

So, no reorganising of bookshelves for me until I go to Argos and spend money I don't have on a proper basic toolbox :D wah!!

Indeed :lol:.

Or it would have been a pleasant way to pass the time :D were it not that (due to OH's poorliness and my lack of DIY skills) we somehow managed to screw the side panels upside down onto the likewise upside-down base board; this could not be undone as the cheap-;) screwdrivers I'd bought for the occasion had self-destructed by then.

So, no reorganising of bookshelves for me until I go to Argos and spend money I don't have on a proper basic toolbox :D wah!!

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you BJ. :)

I finished Kit Whitfield - Bareback, it was okay. Now I'm reading one of my favourite authors ~ Erica Spindler - Breakneck :D

Ooooh I have Erica Spindler novel (maybe 2) on my TBR pile. Glad to hear that she is one of your favourite authors.

I have started reading Twilight and I am absolutely hooked

yay thats great news, thats it you will be hooked from now on!

Read the first couple of chapters of Moral Disorder by Margaret Atwood this evening, and also got an email to say my reserved copy of Men of the Otherworld has arrived at the library :D

Your library is open!!!??!!! Mine is not open until tomorrow, has not been open since before Christmas *Cries*

I haven't read a thing for days :)Seriously thinking of giving up Blood And Gold to come back at a later stage, I've been pondering this for days, really because I hate leaving a book unfinished. Mind you, I've come to the conclusion that I've just wasted days faffing about, when I could have been reading something else! :motz:I'll give it one more try tonight and if that fails, it's back on the shelf for Ms Rice ;)

Oh no! I hate it when you have a book that just does not grab you, I hate giving up on books but sometimes you have to give up the ghost nd move on. I found some her later books to be really hard going.

As for me I only read about 10 pages of the Big Over Easy due to be busy, but plan to read more later on.

Well yesterday I started and finished Scorpia by Anthony Horowitz and it was great re-read. Now to his new one that happened to wander into my basket not so long ago. :)

I have started reading Twilight and I am absolutely hooked

Excellent! Always great when someone sees the (sparkly) light :D

Your library is open!!!??!!! Mine is not open until tomorrow, has not been open since before Christmas *Cries*

I guess it must have been! I must admit, I haven't been near it since before Christmas, as I do all my reservations online (more convenient and cheaper than in person), and I just visit to collect the books when I get an email to say they're in.

Well yesterday I started and finished Scorpia by Anthony Horowitz and it was great re-read. Now to his new one that happened to wander into my basket not so long ago. :)

I loved the new one, Ben! Just as good as all the rest of the Alex Rider stories ;)

As for me, well, I'll be reading more of Moral Disorder today.

I guess it must have been! I must admit, I haven't been near it since before Christmas, as I do all my reservations online (more convenient and cheaper than in person), and I just visit to collect the books when I get an email to say they're in.

I normally reserve online and collect at the library but I walk past the library nearly everyday, so I know when it is open. It's not fair, like you a lot of peoples have been open for a few days last week. It's not too bad I suppose it's not like I don't have enough to read here ;) I just like getting that email to say that they have another book for me. :)

I loved the new one, Ben! Just as good as all the rest of the Alex Rider stories :)

That's always good to know, thanks!

Oh no! I hate it when you have a book that just does not grab you, I hate giving up on books but sometimes you have to give up the ghost nd move on. I found some her later books to be really hard going.

It's official, she's back on the shelf to go back to when I'm more in the mood for her. Now I've just to decide what to read. I've narrowed it down to a The Vanished Man by Jeffrey Deaver, Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell or to try a Mo Hayder read I have called Ritual. Decisions, decisions ...

My boyfriend bought me books 2, 3 and 4 of the Sookie Stackhouse series for Christmas, and I'm a quarter of the way through book 2 right now.

I also got given "The Devil in Amber" which I haven't had time to look at, but I believe it's a mystery?

My friend has lent me two Stephen King books - Dreamcatcher and Lisey's Story. IU doubt she's going to be getting them back any time soon, as I have too many books to read before those, and exams in two weeks!

It's official, she's back on the shelf to go back to when I'm more in the mood for her. Now I've just to decide what to read. I've narrowed it down to a The Vanished Man by Jeffrey Deaver, Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell or to try a Mo Hayder read I have called Ritual. Decisions, decisions ...

Wow Hayder has got around a bit today I have just a long post about her on Frankie's thread! :)

Well you can never go wromg with a bit of Deaver, and I don't think you could loose your mojo with that one, it would be one I would go to if I have a mojo relapse.

I also got given "The Devil in Amber" which I haven't had time to look at, but I believe it's a mystery?

It's actually the second Lucifer Box book by Mark Gatiss, and although it isn't essential to have read the first, I would suggest reading them in order if you can. The first one is called The Vesuvius Club - there are three in total, and I think they're excellent.

Wow Hayder has got around a bit today I have just a long post about her on Frankie's thread! ;)

I saw that and have just replied :D I saw the Ritual is third in a series, so that's a no no until I get the previous 2 :)

Well you can never go wromg with a bit of Deaver, and I don't think you could loose your mojo with that one, it would be one I would go to if I have a mojo relapse.

I actually bought Kiss Of Evil by Richard Montanari today, his are usually great, so that's me sorted for my next read :D I have read quite a few Deavers but I haven't read a Montanari in ages.

Woo-hoo for Twilight hooked-ness, Joe! Always a good thing ;).

I was up way too early for a Sunday morning, but I just couldn't get back to sleep so I read more of Dime Store Magic. I love it! :)

I was up way too early for a Sunday morning, but I just couldn't get back to sleep so I read more of Dime Store Magic. I love it! ;)

:) I'm so pleased you're loving it, I thought you might but it's always nice to hear :D

Thanks again to you, Weave and Kell for introducing me to this series, Charm! ;)

Ooooh you have the new Chevalier, Mexicola?! I'm jealous! It's not out here until later this month, but I can't wait to get it :). Please let us know how it goes!

Ooooh you have the new Chevalier, Mexicola?! I'm jealous! It's not out here until later this month, but I can't wait to get it :). Please let us know how it goes!

It was a very eagerly received Christmas present ;) Will certainly let you know the verdict; I have high hopes for this one!