Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

I finished the New Moon Companion book yesterday, and last night I read the prologue for Dime Store Magic by Kelley Armstrong :D. Hopefully I'll get lots more in this weekend.

Enjoy 'Dime Store Magic' peacefield, its a great introduction to Paige:D

Dracula: the Un-dead by Dacre Stoker and Ian Holt but I am starting to drag a bit with it to be honest but I have been told it has its dip moments so I will keep going :roll:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Weave, for introducing me to this series and being nice enough to send me this book too :D. I can't wait to get into it!

Good luck with the Stoker book too. I saw you have another book in the wings that you are tempted to get reading :roll:.

Thanks, Weave, for introducing me to this series and being nice enough to send me this book too :D. I can't wait to get into it!

Good luck with the Stoker book too. I saw you have another book in the wings that you are tempted to get reading :roll:.

Oh not a problem peacefield, you are very welcome:D thanks, hopefully I will finish my current book by tomorrow. :D

I was hoping to finish The Silver Chair in 2009 but I barely did any reading in the last few days so it will turn into my first book of 2010.

I bought 6 books when I went away:

James Blish: They Shall Have Stars

Allen Ginsberg: Howl and Other Poems

Robert Heinlein: The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

SE Hinton: The Outsiders

Aldous Huxley: The Doors of Perception, and Heaven and Hell

Jonathan Wylie: The Age of Chaos (this is a replacement copy for an old, tattered version I have)

Have you read any SE Hinton before, Kylie? I loved the Outsiders, and also loved 'That Was Then, This is Now' and 'Tex.' I hope you like it! :roll:

No, I haven't read any Hinton before, and I must confess that I haven't even heard of any of his other works. :D I think I heard about this one through Rory's Book List or the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die.

If I enjoy this as much as you did, I'll be sure to check out the others! Thanks for the recommendations. :D Ooh, and I'd like to see the movie too.

I hope you like The Outisders, Kylie! It is truly a wonderful book, and definitely see the film too if you have the chance :D. Oh, and SE Hinton is actually a woman :roll:. I looked up her biography, and apparently just before publishing The Outsiders she shortened her name from Susan Eloise to SE so boys wouldn't know she was female, therefore putting them off reading the book I suppose. I had never known that about her.

After an enforced change of plans for this weekend, had more free time than expected and have finished the final Missing book this afternoon. Need to read one of my book group books next, so will be either Moral Disorder by Margaret Atwood or The Way I Found Her by Rose Tremain. Both are authors I've been wanting to read more of, and can't make up my mind which to start first.

I started reading The Child Thief by Brom - a dark tale based on the Peter Pan story. I'm only about 20-odd pages in but I have to say, I already think this could be one of my favourite reads of the year! Brom is a stunning artist and writer and i gave both his previous illustrated novels (The PLucker and THe Devil's Rose) 10/10. If this continues as well as it has started then I can see this one joining the other two with top marks!

I started Misery by Stephen King today. Now reading that and Pride and Prejudice - what a weird combination :)

Two good choices Stephanie!! :D

I've just finished Charlaine Harris's A Touch of Dead (a quick fix to get me through to May ;)) and I'm planning on finishing The Vampire Armand by Anne Rice asap :D

I haven't read a thing for days :)Seriously thinking of giving up Blood And Gold to come back at a later stage, I've been pondering this for days, really because I hate leaving a book unfinished. Mind you, I've come to the conclusion that I've just wasted days faffing about, when I could have been reading something else! :motz:I'll give it one more try tonight and if that fails, it's back on the shelf for Ms Rice ;)

I went to the library today and took out:

Roberts: Dream Makers

Orwell: The Clergyman's Daughter

Bradbury: Fahernheit 451

Stoker: Dracula Undead

I finished Ken Follett's "A Dangerous Fortune" yesterday, and am starting "The Help" today. I also borrowed a mystery by Janet Evanovich (will be my first book of hers) from the library since it was small and light and easy to cart around in my bag. ;)

We got three cookbooks from the bookstore today, too.. We're such suckers for cookbooks! :)

Edited by bethany725