Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

Listening to The Last Hero by Terry Pratchett. Should finish it today. Need to go to the library but don't think I'll get there due to the ice

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stephanie I'm so sorry to hear you're not enjoying Misery, I love that book and it's one of the first one's I've ever read by King :)

Today's been a good day, I got 5 new books. The first 3 I bought from a secondhand bookshop and the latter 2 came by mail:

- Iain Banks: Raw Spirit

- Karen Harper: Down to the Bone

- Anne Rice: The Witching Hour

- Scarlett Thomas: The End of Mr. Y

- Katherine Howe: The Lost Book of Salem

So many good reads ahead :smile2: And I got a note that I have yet another book waiting for me in the post office tomorrow!

Also went to the library and got Dacre Stoker's Dracula - The Undead!! I'm so stoked about this (pun intended) :)

I'm currectly reading Cell by Steven King and The Winner by David Beducci (sp).

I'm waiting for 3 books to arrive from Amazon but I think they've been delayed due to all the snow:cry2:

I got a few for Christmas too and they were:

Sense and Sensability and Sea Monsters (have already read this one)

The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Attwood (I've read this before but I wanted a shiny new copy)

and I also recieved Reaper Man by Terry Pratchett.

So in my opinion a good haul

- Iain Banks: Raw Spirit

- Karen Harper: Down to the Bone

- Anne Rice: The Witching Hour

- Scarlett Thomas: The End of Mr. Y

- Katherine Howe: The Lost Book of Salem

Nice! I may have to steal a couple of those titles from you. :)

Ooooh yay for such a good haul, Frankie! I'm especially giddy for the Lost Book of Salem. I hope you love it! :)

Excellent bunch of Christmas gifts there, Cookie! I hope you get your package from Amazon soon.

I'm falling behind already, second day in a row without reading anything at all other than revision material. Drat.. Ah well, at least I made some book buys.

I've read some of French Kissing, still not halfway through it yet though :), will have to read a bit more before bed. Managed to get to the post depot and picked up The Glamorous (Double) Life Of Isabel Bookbinder - Holly McQueen I ordered with my Christmas money.

finished Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay a little while ago and loved it! I need to pick up the next book asap! in the meantime in reading She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb. So far im enjoying it! And i recently bought Peony in Love by Lisa See :D

*does a happy dance* So glad you are liking it Kylie! :jump:

Thanks CaliLily! Incidentally, I had a dream last night that I met you. :D I I think we were volunteering at some function and had to wear uniforms. When I first saw you, you had blonde hair, then later on you were a brunette. :roll:

Anyway, back to reading now. :D

Thanks CaliLily! Incidentally, I had a dream last night that I met you. :jump: I I think we were volunteering at some function and had to wear uniforms. When I first saw you, you had blonde hair, then later on you were a brunette. :roll:

Anyway, back to reading now. :D

That is so cool! I feel all special now :D

Got a 2 more chapters read in The Shining today... still not anywhere close to finishing... :roll:

I started reading Dead Until Dark last night and this morning and have already read 100 pages. I think I may be hooked. :D

finished Darkly Dreaming Dexter by Jeff Lindsay a little while ago and loved it! I need to pick up the next book asap!

:jump: Yay! Two of my favourite authors! Glad you're both enjoying them :D

I'm well into The Vanished Man now and enjoying it. :roll:

I'm having a lovely bookish evening, sitting in my library with the window open, listening to the cicadas, munching on M&Ms and reading Fahrenheit 451, occasionally stopping to take notes for the reading circle. Bliss! I'm going to switch back to Sookie soon, though. :D