Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

I started reading Dead Until Dark last night and this morning and have already read 100 pages. I think I may be hooked. :D

Yay, that's awesome news!! :D I'm quite delighted :jump:

I will be having some stressing book activity today. Yesterday I got this note that I have a book waiting for me in the post office. Only now I've read the note a little closer and it says it's not in the post office, it's in this little groceryshop all the way in Penttil

Edited by frankie

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... *DO WANT* Kylie, can I come and live in your house? Don't worry, the M&M's won't need sharing, I'm on a diet :roll:!

Absolutely! Don't worry, the M&Ms will probably be gone by the time you get here (even though they're in a 900g bucket! :D). I should be on a diet too but it can't start until I finish the chocolate currently filling my house. Really, it's quite ridiculous. :D

I will be having some stressing book activity today. Yesterday I got this note that I have a book waiting for me in the post office. Only now I've read the note a little closer and it says it's not in the post office, it's in this little groceryshop all the way in Penttil

Oh no poor you Frankie!!! What are you going to do?

@Ned - I'm half way through Cell so far and it's doing OK. It's actually pretty fast paced for a Steven King. Although I am left not quite knowing what is going on some of the time but I think it's supposed to be like that!

Oops! The Winner is by David Baldacci not Beducci like I said in my last post. :D

@Ned - I'm half way through Cell so far and it's doing OK. It's actually pretty fast paced for a Steven King. Although I am left not quite knowing what is going on some of the time but I think it's supposed to be like that!

Aw, that's terrible Frankie! Maybe you could ring them and ask them to send it back to your nearest post office? We can do that here apparently and I've almost had to do it several times as my post office doesn't open on weekends and I can't get there during business hours. :D Luckily I have my own private box now so I can get my mail when it's convenient for me. :roll: Otherwise I used to have to get my OH or family to pick up the parcels for me.

Yeah maybe I'll give them a ring. And a piece of my mind, but in a very polite manner though, it's just a human error obviously, after all.

Yep I read about that PO box gift, that was really considerate of him, and what a wonderful present :D Must be nice! And you deserve to get your books in a decent condition!

Cookie I'll try doing what Kylie suggested, otherwise I'm just going to walk there. Not fancying that too much :jump:

************ Edit: Kylie thanks so much for the brilliant idea, I've just called my nearest post office and they said that the package is actually there and the mailman must've just used the wrong stamp by accident! So the package is where it should be and I'll have no trouble getting it today :roll: Bliss!!

Edited by frankie

************ Edit: Kylie thanks so much for the brilliant idea, I've just called my nearest post office and they said that the package is actually there and the mailman must've just used the wrong stamp by accident! So the package is where it should be and I'll have no trouble getting it today :jump: Bliss!!

Oh, yay! That's such great news, Frankie! It saves you a long and miserable walk in the cold weather. And here I was just trying to come up with encouraging thoughts for your walk (I wasn't coming up with much).

Yep I read about that PO box gift, that was really considerate of him, and what a wonderful present :D Must be nice!

It's so great! Of course, this means that I have to order lots of books to make sure I get usage out of it, right? :D

Oh, yay! That's such great news, Frankie! It saves you a long and miserable walk in the cold weather. And here I was just trying to come up with encouraging thoughts for your walk (I wasn't coming up with much).

Awww :jump:

It's so great! Of course, this means that I have to order lots of books to make sure I get usage out of it, right? :roll:

Well totally, that's what it's there for :D And you need to of course see and experience how well it works and everything. Besides the poor PO box must feel empty and lonely if you don't fill it regularly with loverly books :D

Aww, my poor PO Box :D I better order some books pronto! (Why do I suddenly feel like naming my PO Box?)

Do it! Naming inatimate objects is fun :D My car's name is Leon (because he is a Neon) and my plant's name is Pedro.

I have given up with Misery (as much as I hate to). I will give it another try later in the year and see if I enjoy it more.

That's sad Stephanie, but I'm sure you made the right move. There's no point in carrying on and then hating the book for it, you can try it another time and maybe you'll be able to enjoy it then :roll: Happy reading with Philippa Gregory :D

Kylie, people name their cars. If that's quite normal, then I don't see there being anything wrong in naming your PO box. (I think that's more reasonable than the car thing :jump:) After all, it's a very important element of your life. Just like a pet, and pets need names! :D

Edit: :roll: I was thinking about boys when I talked about naming one's car but then I remembered that CaliLily's done it too and she appears to be a girl so I'll say 'people' :D Leon is a great name for a car, makes me think of Jean Reno *swoon*

Do it! Naming inatimate objects is fun :D My car's name is Leon (because he is a Neon) and my plant's name is Pedro.

I always meant to name my laptop but couldn't think of anything good enough. Now I have a new laptop so I'll have to try again. :jump:

Pedro! :D That reminds me of a computer game I played on the Commodore 64 way back when. You play a character named Pedro who has to plant seeds and stop them from being destroyed by something or other. A very apt name for your plant, I think (even if you didn't choose it for that obscure reason).

Did no reading yesterday apart from listening to the Twilight Audio book on my Ipod when picking the kids up from school. I was so tired after my son's birthday I fell asleep without even having a cup of coffee.

I am about to get stuck into an hour of reading before work so I hope to make some sort of dent into Stolen. It has to go back on Monday!

I finished reading Gone For Good - Harlan Coben this morning, very good book! Now I`ve started The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini, only read a few pages so far, but I`m enjoying it. :D

I always meant to name my laptop but couldn't think of anything good enough. Now I have a new laptop so I'll have to try again. :roll:

Pedro! :D That reminds me of a computer game I played on the Commodore 64 way back when. You play a character named Pedro who has to plant seeds and stop them from being destroyed by something or other. A very apt name for your plant, I think (even if you didn't choose it for that obscure reason).

How about Gunter? I've always liked that name for some reason...

:jump: I love it! I chose Pedro because of that movie Napoleon Dynamite because my flower pot has a sticker saying 'Vote for Pedro' on it. :D

I'm planning on reading through both my lunch and dinner breaks today as I'm working a 13 hr day and won't have any other time to read.

Read another 30 pages of the great wall but it is alot of info to take in so i think i'm going to start another book and then read a chapter of The Great Wall every day so i can take as much of it in as possible.

I have been reading Eclipse again but my mum managed to get out to the bookshop and bought me Evermore by Alyson Noel, so i am goin to start it. :D

:roll: Enjoy! :D

Like kookie said, I did manage to get out! My clever hubby got the car up the lane at last, yay! It's absolutely baltic here, -11 degrees C, but at least now have stocked up and more importantly, I got to bookshops!! :roll:

Went to Waterstone's and bought:

Evermore by Alyson Noel

Undead and Unwed by MaryJanice Davidson

Dark Lover by J.R.Ward

The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent

Went around the charity shops too but there wasn't much I fancied, and any that I did were in a really bad state. I did manage to find Labyrinth by Kate Mosse though, which was lucky as I got Sepulchre by the same author before xmas in the same shop. They were actually having a sale so I got not one, but two copies, both in excellent order for 95p!! I couldn't make up my mind which one to take, so I got the other copy for my friend :jump:

Edited by Charm

:roll: I love it! I chose Pedro because of that movie Napoleon Dynamite because my flower pot has a sticker saying 'Vote for Pedro' on it. :jump:

When you told about Pedro the plant I immediately thought of Pedro in Napoleon Dynamite :roll: What an awesome movie :D I hope peacefield has seen it.

I got Helter Skelter today. I'm already really spooked, just by holding the book. Yikes!!

(I also went completely berserk at the stores and bought Gilmore Girls season 1 and La Femme Nikita season 1 :D)

Edit: Wow Charm, you already got The Heretic's Daughter, me jealous!

I got Helter Skelter today. I'm already really spooked, just by holding the book. Yikes!!

Edit: Wow Charm, you already got The Heretic's Daughter, me jealous!

I know! I didn't think I would be able to find it but I did eventually. Then I noticed it on the '3 for 2' tables but it was a different cover, hope I've got the right version :D

What's this Helter Skelter? Sounds interesting if it's spooking you by just holding it! :D

I know! I didn't think I would be able to find it but I did eventually. Then I noticed it on the '3 for 2' tables but it was a different cover, hope I've got the right version :D

It's probably just a different cover with same brill read. I hope you enjoy it, I must get that book soon as well! Good job getting it on a discount :jump:

What's this Helter Skelter? Sounds interesting if it's spooking you by just holding it! :D

It's a true crime novel about the Manson murders! Only a book that I've been dying to own and read for many many months now!

Yes indeed I have seen Napoleon Dynamite, Frankie, and loved it of course! It's definitely my kind of movie :D. Vote for Pedro! :jump:

I'm jealous too about Heretic's Daughter, Charm! I hope to read that one this year for sure.

I'm not sure that I'll get any reading in yet today since I'm still at work and tonight am going out for dinner, but I'm really hoping to finish Dime Store Magic this weekend or come awfully close :roll:.

Oh, and sometimes I call my car 'The Dude' after the Big Lebowski :D. My car guy however is named Leon and is very dreamy, so I like that name too :roll:.

When you told about Pedro the plant I immediately thought of Pedro in Napoleon Dynamite :jump: What an awesome movie :D I hope peacefield has seen it.

(I also went completely berserk at the stores and bought Gilmore Girls season 1 and La Femme Nikita season 1 :D)

Haha, I hope so too! Its a classic!

Good for you! Those are great buys :roll:

I had intended to read right now on my lunch break but when I opened my purse to get out the book I realized that I had forgotten to pack it! :roll: No reading today :D

It's a true crime novel about the Manson murders! Only a book that I've been dying to own and read for many many months now!

Ooh, may need to steal that one...