What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 7

Janet

Wow! That's going to be a review I'll read when you get it all wrapped up Friday when you're back.. Sounds like it could be one of your favorites. :friends0:

*muttering to self* Must get book soon.. Must..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just went to the library and ordered the whole ''Sookie stackhouse" series.

Also borrowed the 'Harper Connelly' series, and started reading 'Grave site' on my way home!

Plus, due to the great reviews by your lovely selves, also bought, 'The time travellers wife', 'The host', and 'The girl with the dragon tattoo'!!!

(This website is costing me a fortune!!...but it's worth it!! :friends0:

NN.

Went to the library and got me these:

- Jean-Dominique Bauby: The Diving Bell and the Butterfly

- Alexis Wright: Carpentaria (anyone read this?)

- Karin Slaughter: Indelible

- Philip K. Dick: Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep

Now I have to find time to read these.

Do Andriods Dream is absolutely completely and utterly fantastic! I hope that you enjoy it as much as I did :friends0:

I hope you don't mind me voicing my opinion here (you don't know me), but I have read Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? and I highly recommend it. It will take you on a wild ride where reality is never as it seems. Philip K. Dick is a master of unexpected twists and turns. The times i have picked that up in a bookstore and put it back on the shelf choosing something else instead of it. Totally drawn to the book but unsure because of the strange title......i will definately buy it now...thanks for the recommendation

By all means voice your opinions - that's what we are here for :D

I've started The Dante Club and my mojo is like 'wuh? Is it time to wake up?' as I haven't read in a week. I'll probably be slow enough while I'm sick, but so far it's intriguing if not disgusting :D

Yeah, now that I think of it there are a few icky bits :friends0:. But I'm so glad you've started it! Lots of pressure now, you know. You have to love it :lol:.

I finished Perfect, the third part in the Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard yesterday. I needed some light reading this weekend.

I was planning to start The Host by Stephenie Meyer today, but I bought a copy of Kill for me by Karen Rose, and accidentally started this first.

Still reading ~ The Ladies of Grace Adieu: and Other Stories by Susanna Clarke

My last buy~fest for the year (and yes I really mean it) :)

I Am Scrooge: A Zombie Story for Christmas by Adam Roberts

Queen Victoria: Demon Hunter by A E Moorat

Prick Up Your Ears: The Biography of Joe Orton by John Lahr

Tempted (House of Night) by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast

:D

My last buy~fest for the year (and yes I really mean it) :lol:

I Am Scrooge: A Zombie Story for Christmas by Adam Roberts

Queen Victoria: Demon Hunter by A E Moorat

Prick Up Your Ears: The Biography of Joe Orton by John Lahr

Tempted (House of Night) by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast

Good haul Gyre! I don't believe for one minute it will be your last this year mind you, but good haul all the same! :lol:

My electric was off again from half past 8 this morning until half past 4 this afternoon :) (tree cutting in the area was the excuse this time, can you believe it? bloody tree cutting!! :motz:) which did mean I couldn't do anything other than read. I did end up making good progress with The Book Of Tomorrow so shall I dare to say, I think my mojo is stirring? :D

I have to say the copy of The Book Of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern I'm reading is absolutely beautiful. It's the hardback version which a dear friend of mine kindly bought me and it's really lovely. I do have the hardback copy of The Gift by the same author and think they are both magnificent looking books, I wish all books were as lovely. :)

Good haul Gyre! I don't believe for one minute it will be your last this year mind you, but good haul all the same! :)

I don't believe it either, but good intentions and all :D

:D I keep getting recommended Malorie Blackman's books but I've never seen her books before.

I got the recommendations from here, where various people really loved them. :lol:

Flowers for Algernon is on my list of top ten books ever. Beware, though, and keep some tissues handy. :motz:

Thanks! I read the blurb and a few reviews on the internet and it does sound very sad. I'm really looking forward to reading it.

I confess, I've finished. Fantastic. Amazing. Utterly thought-provoking. I'm not home until Friday, when I can write a proper review. The fact I've finished it so quickly though, speaks volumes, I couldn't put it down.

I'm so glad you liked it Ben! Definitely one of my top reads of the year. :)

My last buy~fest for the year (and yes I really mean it) :)

I've been wondering Gyre, do you keep all of the books you buy? Because at the rate you go through them you must have a huge number!

I've read about 50 pages of Three to Get Deadly.

Got through another significant chunk of 'The Girl Who Played With Fire' last night, I'm up to around page 350. Its definately better than the first one IMO, I'm absolutely loving it, hate putting it down.

I've been wondering Gyre, do you keep all of the books you buy? Because at the rate you go through them you must have a huge number!

I don't keep them all Kylie, I pass most of them on :)

Got through another significant chunk of 'The Girl Who Played With Fire' last night, I'm up to around page 350. Its definately better than the first one IMO, I'm absolutely loving it, hate putting it down.

Well I have decided that will be my next read so I am really pleased it sounds that good.

Plodding along nicely with The Death Collectors, read about 160 pages and is really good so far.

Read some more of A Room with a View.

What are you thinking of this one Dimitri? It's on my TBR.

Have finished Inkheart.

Kenny that's great news! What did you think?