What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 7

Janet

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not well?? So sorry I missed this hun, hope you feel better soon! :)

It's okay, just means I can't sleep (nothing new there) and that I sound like a man (novelty just in time to scare small children at Halloween.) Thanks though! :D

I'm thinking of starting a second book alongside The Dante Club.... but I'm not sure what.

I got The Evolution of Nuclear Strategy by Lawrence Freedman from the library yesterday, after a recommendation of my boss. And no, I don't need to read it, it's for fun.

I finished The Night Watch by Sarah Waters last night which is a shame. I keep thinking about the characters. It really is a fantastic book and I have added her others to my reading list :D

I started reading The Casebook of Victor Frankenstein last night but it isn't really drawing me in yet. Perhaps it is because I know what will happen having read and studied the original. Hmmm... will have to give it another go at lunch time.

Just starting a rather large reading challenge! Ashok Bankers' "Ramayana" series. There's six books in this series, all over 500 pages long, so it's gonna take a while!! Looking forward to it though!

Would be interested to know if anyone else has read this series, and your thoughts!!

I'd be very interested to know how you get on with this series NN. THe Ramayana is fascinating but I've been put off by the heavy style of some books on the subject. I'm interested in the story, OH being Thai, the Ramayana is as famous in Thailand as it is in India but I have stuggled with understanding all of it. Hopefully the series is quite readable. Thanks.:D

I'd be very interested to know how you get on with this series NN. THe Ramayana is fascinating but I've been put off by the heavy style of some books on the subject.

Hi Suek. I will definately let you know how I get on..I'll comment as i go along in my booklist.

Judging by the 'blurb' for the series, stating that this is a '21st century retelling for the modern reader' I have high hopes that this will be a 'non-heavy' interpretation of this epic tale between good and evil, and a jolly good read!!

We'll see!!:D

NN.

I finished Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime last night! I'm tired. I didn't know I was going to finish it, but it was a late night for me and of course I couldn't fall asleep. Anyway, I finished and I'll post a wee review later on my thread :D. Thanks for the recommendations, you guys. I'm SO glad I read it!!

I finished The Five Greatest Worriors by Matthew Reilly just in time for his talk about it. 200+ people came tonight to hear him talk about his books. He is totally kickass and so nice. I urge anyone who likes 'on the edge of your seat, hold your breath & take a sick day to read' books to pick up one of his they are awesome

48 pages into Koontz's Frankenstein 1: Prodigal Son, and things are starting to get interesting, so much so that I'm striving not to be bothered by an upsetting page which might well have made me abandon a less worthy book.

I finished A Room with a View last night. Now I'm going to start Brighton Rock by Graham Greene.

I really enjoyed Brighton Rock - hope you do too!

As its a library book I think I'll read Elizabeth Noble's The Girl Next Door next :D