What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 7

Janet

I love Eclipse apart from the wolf stuff like you and Peacefield said. I just want to move on now though and Breaking Dawn really drags.

Oh no I hate when that happens. You start staring at all the other books you have to read.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started Ken Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, today. I'm about 20 pages in at the moment, so it's too soon to post an opinion. I'm having trouble concentrating while reading lately, though... Maybe the ol' Mojo is taking a dip... :welcome2:

I started Ken Kesey's One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, today. I'm about 20 pages in at the moment, so it's too soon to post an opinion.

I hope you enjoy this one, a favorite of mine. :)

I received a package today! :eek:

It contained:

Diary of a Madman and Other Stories by Nikolai Gogol

Demian by Herman Hesse

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Peace by Gene Wolfe

Unfortunately, that's it for book purchases this year. :welcome2::cry2:

Still not reading anything, my mojo really has done a proper runner
Maybe your reading mojo is on holiday with my reading mojo and my writing zest :) here's hoping they come back soon 'cos they miss us, really :welcome2:.

My mojo seemed to have put in a guest appearance, 30 pages of Koontz's Frankenstein 1 were read tonight - until, 140 pages in, I realised that certain themes I hoped would be but tangent to the story in fact play a major role. Annoyed as I am not to finish a book once I've invested time and feelings into it, I am not about to finish a book on principle if it's going to make me feel rotten so... goodbye Mr Koontz, I don't believe I'll be reading more of your work. A shame, so much potential, I really wanted to know how it all panned out. Oh, well.

Edited by BookJumper

I finished Anna Godbersen last night*, so moving on to The Human Stain by Philip Roth.

*Is the second part really worth my time and money?

Last night I finished It's The Little Things by Erica James; which I've now lent to Mum along with Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom. Think I'm going to read A Thousand Splendid Suns next :welcome2:

Finished A Faint Cold Fear by Karin Slaughter last night, yet another great Slaughter read!! Started Indelible immediately after that and couldn't put the book down, I read 112 pages (I guess that's 911 pages in the US edition, har har :welcome2:) before my eyes closed (not from boredom but from exhaustion). Best Grant County book so far!

couldn't put the book down, I read 112 pages (I guess that's 911 pages in the US edition, har har :welcome2:)

*cracks up completely*

The best so far, well, after that piece of news about the woman in Canada who goes around kicking random men on the nuts. My friends comment "just a bit bitter??" *laughs*

Finished A Faint Cold Fear by Karin Slaughter last night, yet another great Slaughter read!! Started Indelible immediately after that and couldn't put the book down, I read 112 pages (I guess that's 911 pages in the US edition, har har :)) before my eyes closed (not from boredom but from exhaustion). Best Grant County book so far!

*Claps*

I am soooo gald you are liking or should I say loving the books. Indeliable is a good book and took me buy surprise. You will start to read the Will Trent books soon!!! Yay!!

As for me I have finished Eclipse I loved the ending. but I spoke to my friend who went into a huuuge rant about the ending of Breaking dawn!!!! URGH :welcome2: So now I know what is going to happen :motz:well the love Triangle bit. Not happy.

Ok now I am moving onto Charlaine Harris - Dead to the World.

*Claps*

I am soooo gald you are liking or should I say loving the books. Indeliable is a good book and took me buy surprise. You will start to read the Will Trent books soon!!! Yay!!

As for me I have finished Eclipse I loved the ending. but I spoke to my friend who went into a huuuge rant about the ending of Breaking dawn!!!! URGH :eek: So now I know what is going to happen :motz:well the love Triangle bit. Not happy.

Ok now I am moving onto Charlaine Harris - Dead to the World.

Why would your friend want to spoil the ending of Breaking Dawn for you?? That's incredibly thoughtless!! :welcome2:

I keep forgetting the titles of the Sookie Stackhouse books, is Dead to the World the 4th book in the series? If so, I'm thinking that you might be enjoying that book a lot, well, hopefully :D:)

I can't remember which book comes after Indelible, I need to consult my KS books list. I borrowed Skin Privilege from the local library yesterday but I'm no sure if that's the next book. I hope my own town's library has it in the library bookshelves and I can get it tomorrow when I get back home.

Edit: hmph, it appears that Faithless and Triptych come before that =/

Edited by frankie

Why would your friend want to spoil the ending of Breaking Dawn for you?? That's incredibly thoughtless!! :welcome2:

I keep forgetting the titles of the Sookie Stackhouse books, is Dead to the World the 4th book in the series? If so, I'm thinking that you might be enjoying that book a lot, well, hopefully :eek::)

I can't remember which book comes after Indelible, I need to consult my KS books list. I borrowed Skin Privilege from the local library yesterday but I'm no sure if that's the next book. I hope my own town's library has it in the library bookshelves and I can get it tomorrow when I get back home.

Edit: hmph, it appears that Faithless and Triptych come before that =/

Yes Faithless does come first. You could skip Triptych and go back to it after reading Skin Privilege but I would recommend you wait and try and read them the order they were released.

I was really annoyed. I did stop her in her tracks. She only told me... SPOLIER ALERT!!!!

That Bella chooses Edward and Jacob imprints with Nessie? Bella's daughter, which totally confused me.

I am hoping she is sending me on the wrong track because I can't see how that is possible... surely. But you never know :D

Yep dead to the world is the forth one. The blurb on the back

says that Eric looses his memory.

Just finished 'Untamed' (House of Night) by P.C. & Kristin Cast and I am about to start 'The Wind~up Bird Chronicle' by Haruki Murakami

:welcome2:

Yep dead to the world is the forth one. The blurb on the back

says that Eric looses his memory.

Dead to the World is a very popular book on here for a few people :welcome2: Myself included. If you're an Eric fan, you'll love it :) Happy reading!

Dead to the World is a very popular book on here for a few people :D Myself included. If you're an Eric fan, you'll love it :D Happy reading!

:) It's definitely worth reading :welcome2:

Catwoman I think I'll try to get Faithless and Triptych before I move on to Skin Privilege :eek: My hometown's library has Faithless in their shelves at the moment and I'm hoping to catch it tomorrow when I get back home, and I already put a reservation on Triptych ;)

Dead to the World is a very popular book on here for a few people :D Myself included. If you're an Eric fan, you'll love it :D Happy reading!

I have not made a decision about Eric as of yet. but i have read 30 pages of the book so far and it seems good.

:) It's definitely worth reading :welcome2:

Catwoman I think I'll try to get Faithless and Triptych before I move on to Skin Privilege :eek: My hometown's library has Faithless in their shelves at the moment and I'm hoping to catch it tomorrow when I get back home, and I already put a reservation on Triptych ;)

Awesome! Can't wait to hear what you think.