What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 7

Janet

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to my library to take back some books and I picked up my reservation of The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. I read the first 15 pages and it looks amazing. I also extended my date return for Dexter by Design so I might read that one a little later now.

i also went to the Charity shop and I picked up Jeffery Deaver The Coffin Dancer for 25p. It is a the same cover style as my other ones so i was very happy and I can give my other copy to my OH.

The Historian is excellent, Catwoman, and I hope you enjoy it. Kostova has a new one out in January called The Swan Thieves which looks just as promising.

I managed to read a few pages of Stolen last night in bed before crashing into sleep. I hope to finish it this weekend so I can start on the Dan Brown.

The Historian is excellent, Catwoman, and I hope you enjoy it. Kostova has a new one out in January called The Swan Thieves which looks just as promising.

I managed to read a few pages of Stolen last night in bed before crashing into sleep. I hope to finish it this weekend so I can start on the Dan Brown.

It does look fantastic. I can't wait to read Dan Brown after Christmas.

I finished Girl With A Pearl Earring this morning. Thought it got a little unsteady towards the end, it seemed to keep changing it's direction, but overall a very very good book.

Glad you liked it Roxi. It was my introduction to her books, and I've read most of them now, but my favourite was Falling Angels, so I'd definitely recommend that it you liked Girl With A Pearl Earring.

Today, I've read about half of Bonjour Tristesse, and visited Waterstone's and only came out with books for other people for Christmas presents! At least I get the points on my card for future books for myself :D

It has been a good day for me book wise. Mum had a Waterstones voucher so I got Julie Walters's That's Another Story and picked The Associate by Grisham for my hubby, but I'll probably read it. Then I went and signed up at Hove library as I now live in Brighton and Hove, and then took out:

Macomber: 311 Pelican Court

Macomber: 204 Rose Lane

Tropper: Everything Changes

O'Flanagan: Destinations

Cleage: I Wish I Had A Red Dress

Jaye: By The Time You Read This

Today I acquired:

- Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist, oversized paperback

- Gentlemen of the Road by Michael Chabon, pretty hardcover

- Dragons of Fantasy: The Scaly Villains and Heroes of Tolkien, Rowling. McCaffrey, Pratchett and Other Fantasy Greats by A.C. Petty

Glad you liked it Roxi. It was my introduction to her books, and I've read most of them now, but my favourite was Falling Angels, so I'd definitely recommend that it you liked Girl With A Pearl Earring.

I'd seen her other books, but never picked them up. I only grabbed this one because I knew the name. I can't wait to get more of her books - I think Falling Angels was the one I saw a few copies of in the charity shop. (That charity shop is amazing, everything is

Spent about half an hour earlier reading A Fraction of the Whole. This book is hilarious and gets funnier by the page. I have never read anything quite like it - I find myself reading it, in my head, in an Australian accent, which makes it even funnier !

I was planning on starting the next Jack Kerley book Broken Souls. But i have just noticed that I am missing one from the series. So after I finish this one I will have to jump and move on and skip a book. I hate that, so I went onto my library website to reserve it and ... They don't have it!!!! :D How ca they not have the middle fo a series when they have the before and after.

So now I am going to have to try and track it down before Tuesday.

I'm going to start the Other Boleyn Girl by Phillipa Gregory. Anyone who has read it, do you need to have read any of her other book before reading this?

I hadn't when I read it and still enjoyed it :D

I started reading By the Time You Read This by Lola Jaye yesterday and have nearly finished it!