What have you been watching at the cinema? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I may be going to see Zombieland tomorrow and I know a couple of you have said it's gory. Just how gory is it? Starship Troopers gory? That was about gory enough for me. I'm not very good with gore and horror. :friends0:

I saw Paranormal Activity over the weekend and loved it. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be. There was a great build up and the actors were really good at creating some tension.

I find the tension in films such as this and What Lies Beneath has me a lot more on edge than slasher films.

Haven't seen this one yet, am quite curious since I have heard some people say they were so scared they couldn't sleep the night after, and some people said it was boring and not scary in the least. From what I have seen OF it though, I really can't imagine me being very scared by it..

2012, funnily also the time i started to feel bored and sleepy, and the film started at 20:00

I hated that film. I love apocalyptic disaster films, at least the idea, none of those actually ever lives up to my expectations. There were so many things here that just didn't add up, I'm a bit of a science geek at times so am always looking for the expanation WHY in films. This one, meh. First half was horrible, got a little better then, but still, not one I will be watching again soon.:friends0: If ever.

I think I must be the only person alive who didn't like Avatar. I thought visually it was amazing, 10/10 and it's worth seeing just for that. But I don't really have much else good to say about it. I found the story weak, the characters, especially the baddies, unbeleivable, the dialogue appalling, the message patronising and the whole thing predictable and corny. Oh well.

The last film I saw was 2012, probably two or so weeks ago. I thought it was visually amazing, but the storyline seemed a bit over the top and unbelievable. The ending quite amused me, though.

I guess I should be thankful to live on the continent that I do. :friends0:

Sherlock Holmes opens here on Friday, I think, and I'm definitely planning on seeing that. :D

I think I must be the only person alive who didn't like Avatar. I thought visually it was amazing, 10/10 and it's worth seeing just for that. But I don't really have much else good to say about it. I found the story weak, the characters, especially the baddies, unbeleivable, the dialogue appalling, the message patronising and the whole thing predictable and corny. Oh well.

I don't think you're the only one to hold that opinion, Andrea. A couple of my friends saw it yesterday and said the same thing - excellent efx, lame story.

We saw Avatar in 3D Imax last night.. I was NOT very excited about going to see this movie as I tend to away from 'fantastical' films, but I have to say I really enjoyed it. The effects were so amazing! It will be interesting to see where films go from here in the near future.

I also want to see "The Blindside" and "Up."

Oooh, yesterday my friends and I went to see Sherlock Holmes and it was actually really good. Downey Jnr is excellent - they all were. Loved it, man!

It's brilliant isn't it! (I'm now in love with Robert Downey Jr :))

I'm hoping to see Nowhere Boy soon :)

Went to see New Moon again on Friday night, and I think I'm going to hold off going again until it moves to the cheap theatre. This hobby is getting to be way too expensive! I see the same trailers every single time though (ugh) and can definitively say that I don't want to see 'Letters to Juliet,' 'Dear John,' 'Lovely Bones' or 'When in Rome.' :)

:lol: Stephanie! I hope you get to see it soon, at least before it leaves the theatres :). It was viewing number six for me :). Luckily my close friend loves it too and she's seen it with me all times but once.

I've just seen it and I'm totally with you .. it needed a really good edit too ... the battle scenes were so numerous they cancelled each other out and surely we've all seen/heard that plotline a thousand times.

Visually it was fantastic but that's all I can say.

Any idea when Sherlock Holmes will be out on DVD? I enjoyed it so much I'm itching to see it again..

I don't know, soon I hope, I'd like to see it again as well. :D

In the meantime, here is a wiki article that mentions that the sequel is being written now, and will begin post production on March 21, 2010. :roll: