What have you been watching at the cinema? (Cont..)

Lilywhite

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last film I saw was Harry Potter and the less said about that the better :D

I saw that yesterday and did not think much of it at all. I am a Harry Potter fan but I was bored through that film

I've not seen the Time Traveler's Wife or Harry Potter, but probably after they come to DVD. I do however really want to see this film called 'Extract' which opens here I think this weekend or next. It's from Mike Judge, who also did 'Office Space,' which is a favorite of mine. I also still really want to see 'It Might Get Loud,' with Jack White, the Edge and Jimmy Page. Hopefully one of these days!

I've been tempted by The Time Travellers Wife. Has anyone seen it yet?

I've seen it twice now and wasn't overly impressed to be honest. Have you read the book? It's an ok film and quite moving in parts but it doesn't do the book justice. Oh, and I went to see it twice because my mum wanted to see it.

My husband and I are hopefully going to see 'District 9' tomorrow :lol:

Great, Gyre! Let us know what you think :D. I was concerned for my movie-going-wellbeing at first but it turned out to be very enjoyable for me :lol:. I hope you like it!

There is not much I am interested in at the moment - but there are 2 films I am waiting for - The Last Airbender (I think it's called that - same Director as Unbreakable and Sixth Sense) and Avatar (James Cameron).

The last two movies I saw were The Oprhan and HP. I hadnt expected to like The Orphan because I'm not big on thrillers but this movie was AMAZING!!! OMGosh!

HP was pretty good, just wasnt happy with all creative license taken with the plot. Anyone whose read the book KNOWS that the Weasleys house didnt burn down (EVER), that they didnt live in the middle of a wheat field, that Harry wasnt trying to hook up with the girl in the diner and that Slughorn was WAY bigger than he was portrayed!:D If I hadnt read the book, it would have been so much better, I wouldnt have known the difference.

I saw Synecdoche, New York yesterday. It's a strange movie, but good, and very interesting. Excellent acting by all involved, especially Philip Seymour Hoffman.

I would love to see this movie, Kylie! Hoffman is one of my favorite actors so I'm glad to hear he did an excellent job as usual :D. I think it's out for rent here so I'm going to have to find it.

Then I'm sure you'll love him in this movie, Peacefield! The only other movie I've seen him in is Capote. Oh, and Boogie Nights, and he was brilliant in both of those as well. He's a very versatile actor and I'm fast becoming a fan. :D

Those are both excellent films, Kylie! I would also highly recommend Magnolia and Doubt if you haven't seen those. Have you seen The Savages? That's another one I'd like to see. Oh, and he had a hilarious little part in The Big Lebowski too, which is always one of my faves :D.