What's Your Book Activity Today? - Take 6!

Echo

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read any of his strictly adult stuff, but I spotted this with art done in the exact style of The Book Of Lost things, and saw the first chapter talks about the creation of the universe and how religion is probably wrong about some things to do with that, so I HAD TO HAVE IT. :friends0:

Ooh, that does sound very tempting!

I'm up to Vol 2 in Pride and Prejudice and loving it. I also went out yesterday and bought:

Persuasion - Austen

Mansfield Park - Austen

Yay! Another Jane Austen fan! I quickly followed up my first reading of P&P by obtaining the rest of her books as well. :D

I finished I, Robot by Isaac Asimov today. I really loved the ideas behind the stories but wasn't too impressed with the writing itself. The characters were poorly drawn and I found the dialogue between them puzzling and annoying. But the brilliant ideas will probably be enough for me to give it a high score.

I'm continuing on with My French 'lady of the night' by Gene Wilder now. So far it's OK. The story idea is interesting albeit implausible (a captured American soldier in WWI pretends he is a very famous German spy) and the writing style is very simple - I think he is aiming for a Hemingway-like book.

Catwoman, The Bone Garden is my first Gerritsen. I've had The Surgeon recommended to me by some of the fine folk on here so I will definitely make that my next one by her.

I finally just got home so am hoping to squeeze in a chapter yet tonight. I did however get an email coupon from Borders today for 40% off so I'm heading over there after work tomorrow :friends0:.

Lucky you Piecefield! I got one for 20%, but Borders here raise their prices above the RRP, so by the time they take 20% off I wouldn't be saving much (if anything). Borders have lost a customer in me (and I was a very good one too!). I'm staying loyal to Dymocks from now on.

I know what you mean about Borders, Kylie. They've raised their prices here too, and the only time I actually go there is when I get coupons like this! That's too bad they don't go much above 20% there, and you're right, it's not worth it! :friends0:

Catwoman, The Bone Garden is my first Gerritsen. I've had The Surgeon recommended to me by some of the fine folk on here so I will definitely make that my next one by her.

I finally just got home so am hoping to squeeze in a chapter yet tonight. I did however get an email coupon from Borders today for 40% off so I'm heading over there after work tomorrow :D.

Yeah thats where I would start. I really hope you like it when you read it :friends0:.

Along with my current read, I'm going to start on The Glass Bead Game by Hermann Hesse. This is a book I've had on my TBR pile for a few year and I've always felt a little daunted by it. I'm finally going to tackle it!

My book activity??... Not alot!

I have managed to read the mighty sum of... 60 pages or so over the last few days, even though I had a lot of time yesterday and last night. But I am just still so tired the last few weeks I have felt like I have been through Ten Rounds with Tyson!

So I have given myself an aim: To finish Dexter in the Dark by the weekend. If I don't I am going to give up and reserve it another time. I just hope that my new lease of life is the start of the end of the dreaded 'Bug Month'. (As my friends and family have named my month of illness)

Once I have finished Dexter in the dark I am going to read The Hundredth Man by Jack Kerley. This was recommended by Mac, and I am really looking forward to starting this series as it sounds right up my street! :friends0:

Just finished Street of the Five Moons by Elizabeth Peters. It was a short read but took me a while to finish it and now I am reading Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter.

Just finished Street of the Five Moons by Elizabeth Peters. It was a short read but took me a while to finish it and now I am reading Blindsighted by Karin Slaughter.

Whooooo hoooooo!!! Shin I hope you like it and I can not wait for you to tell me what you think.

Now hurry up and read it mate!!!! :friends0: *Starts to get excited for Shin!!!*