What really bugs you?

Chimera

People who, having been on the receiving end of considerate behaviour, return none :) me and my manager (who wasn't in today) are agreed that I should man the till if at all possible given that I have serious problems standing up and climbing stairs. Today I'd barely sat down when a colleague I've never met asked me if she could take my place, as she was feeling ill and dizzy. I left her my spot and, when she told me with less than an hour to go till the end of the shift that she preferred to stay there until the end, I told her it was fine and proceeded to stand and climb stairs once more. Did I receive a 'thank you' for having sacrificed my own physical wellbeing for hers, d'you think?

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Racists talking to me as if I would have to agree with them.

Example? A suggestion that the Tory's get together with the BNP to 'sort things out properly'. My jaw actually dropped, and all I could say was how it would be best for EVERYONE if the BNP were kept well away from any source of power.

I hate other people sometimes. :)

Chrissy, who on earth would say something like that? That's awful! I remember a guy at my old bus stop in Seattle trying to hit on me by spouting a bunch of homophobic nonsense. I think he should move to a different city. :)

That sucks Giulia. Does this colleague know you're supposed to be sitting down whenever possible?

Continuously feeling like I'm going to sneeze and then not actually sneezing.

I once read that pressing your tongue against the roof of your mouth can help stop the urge to sneeze. It works for me. I do it occasionally when a sneeze just won't come. It's funny; it just kind of dissipates after a few seconds. I hope it works for you.

I once read that pressing your tongue against the roof of your mouth can help stop the urge to sneeze. It works for me. I do it occasionally when a sneeze just won't come. It's funny; it just kind of dissipates after a few seconds. I hope it works for you.

I can verify this does in fact worked, and I haven't sneezed since I read it as a result. Oh, the relief! :)

I can verify this does in fact worked, and I haven't sneezed since I read it as a result. Oh, the relief! :)

Wow I never knew that :P Thanks for the tip...I hate sneezing because it usually gives me a dead arm. No idea how but everytime I sneeze my arm really hurts :):)

You could also try placing your finger between your nostrils and pressing lightly on the cartilage there. That always stops them for me. Also, if you WANT to sneeze when you feel it coming on look into the brightest light you can find and don't blink. The sun is the best but if you're inside look at the brightest lightbulb you can find.

Continuously feeling like I'm going to sneeze and then not actually sneezing.

I had that the other day it was a pain, then I eventualy sneezed about 8 times in a row

As a new dog owner, I have to say that I HATE when people do not pick up their dog's poo. It is so inconsiderate!

I know what you mean, people here seem to have forgotton how to do it and leave their dogs poo in the middle of pathways on main roads too. It's disgusting, they would moan if they stood in some other dogs poo so they should be considerate of others and pick up their dogs.

Glad to hear it. :)

You could also try placing your finger between your nostrils and pressing lightly on the cartilage there. That always stops them for me. Also, if you WANT to sneeze when you feel it coming on look into the brightest light you can find and don't blink. The sun is the best but if you're inside look at the brightest lightbulb you can find.

I often do this too. It works a treat most of the time.

Is that a phone, Jim?

I can't stand listening to people shuffle when they walk. It's one thing if you're a little kid, but a 30-something adult walking around the office and you can't pick up your feet?! Ugh :).

As a new dog owner, I have to say that I HATE when people do not pick up their dog's poo. It is so inconsiderate!

I hate that to. Many years ago a woman used to regularly let her dog poo right outside the gate. My son was in a buggy and I ran the wheels through it on at least one occasion.

I politely asked the woman to pick up or not let the dog poo on my path and she said she would.

I saw her do it again but more sneakily. I followed her home from a discreet distance to find out where she lived.

I returned to her dog's jobby, bagged it up and posted it through her letterbox.

Extreme maybe. But at least I used a bag.

This solved the problem. :)

Is that a phone, Jim?

Well it's supposed to be; when it works!

When it doesn't they send you a refurbished one that's broke down on someone else before you! Furthermore it's been refurbished to the same faulty standard it was originally manufactured to!

AAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhgggggggggggggggggg

Jim.

That sucks Giulia. Does this colleague know you're supposed to be sitting down whenever possible?
She does, I'm afraid :D when she came to ask me if she could have the till I dithered a bit and explained about my leg before getting up when she said she wasn't feeling well; when I came to see if she was feeling better I told her I was having difficulty moving around and she said she would rather stay sitting down - which is not the problem, I'm injured rather than ill and wouldn't want her to have fainted, but a little gratitude would have not gone amiss...!

It bugs me when kids are allowed to turn up for exams whenever they feel like it and get away with it - especially when it means I don't get home until 2pm and miss my lunch !

It bugs me when kids are allowed to turn up for exams whenever they feel like it and get away with it - especially when it means I don't get home until 2pm and miss my lunch !

Don't they have set times when thye have to be there then these days or is this a special case?

• 1 month later...
People that assume negative things about other people without getting the chance to know them.

Here, here!

My big bug? People who attempt to use guilt as a means of getting you to do what they want. ;) All it makes me do is resist more than I might have!