What really bugs you?

Chimera

Drivers who don't seem to understand the simple concept that at roundabouts you give way to traffic from your right in the UK. Which seems to be about 90% of them in my experience. :D

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raven reminded me of this in another thread - Pubs that don't have a dancefloor but still play their music so loud you have to shout to be heard. I don't understand the point of it. And it usually happens that the music will be quiet till a certain time then when it hits about 8pm they start blasting it out.

Maybe I'm just an old man.

Oh yes I hate that too, always have!

Workmates who turn hot and cold in the blink of an eye, have you ever worked with a group of people who are friendly, up for a laugh and normal one day only to transform the very next day into a moody, snappy and unpredictable group of psychos???

Its enough to wreck your head right up, people are very very strange....:irked:

When an actor/actress leaves a show so that they can "pursue other ventures" How many of them do you actually see again? (having a broken arm in Casualty doesn't count) You'd think they'd learn and just stay in a steady(ish) job. :D (yes i'm a little annoyed that Lacey Turner is leaving Eastenders :lol:)

Just like when your favorite guitar player leaves their band that they've been with almost since the beginning to 'go another musical direction,' Ned. :lol: I'm talking to you Fru!

Yeah, that fits into that category as well. Hope his false teeth fall out at his first gig :tong: take that Fru :D

Just like when your favorite guitar player leaves their band that they've been with almost since the beginning to 'go another musical direction,' Ned. :lol: I'm talking to you Fru!

But in his defence, his solo stuff is great...?! :D

Generally p*ssed off with humanity today, so nothing new there, but yeah its just more so today. I have so little faith in most people lately and hate how many people are just out for themselves. Being negative is fair enough but doing it at unwarranted occasions and focusing it at people who are trying to stay positive in turn ruining people's self belief is disgusting and i'm sick of witnessing it as it is so draining because I feel I should say something to the culprits but then why should I waste my breath and care when they obviously don't care and won't change:motz:rant :D

It often feels like most people are out there waiting for you to trip up and make a mistake so they can stand and laugh etc so it makes them feel better!

People who take things the wrong way (I know we all do it) but yes they annoy me too, its hard to stay positive being surrounded by cr*p, oh and speaking of cr*p, found out today in Romania they say cr*p meaning carp - the fish - apparently (someone I know went and found a carton of fish paste with the label cr*p) :lol:

Edited by chrysalis_stage

But in his defence, his solo stuff is great...?! :lol:

Sometimes, Frankie, but sometimes he can be a little too 'experimental' for my tastes. Put him with Flea and the rest of the guys though? Awesomeness! :D

I know what you mean about some people, Chrysalis. No matter what you have to say, there are some folks out there who have a negative comment for it no matter what. It gets draining! You try to be happy and find the good in certain situations, and then there's that person who just wants to bring everyone down. Sometimes I just feel like saying 'well at least you have your health and a good job, now pipe down!' :tong:

Just returned from Manchester and i found the workers in the shops the pushiest people in my life. I entered GAME and was immediately asked "are you ok sir, what are you looking for today, anything in particular" which is friendly enough but when i replied that i was just looking he almost looked offended and i felt eyes boring into me as i browsed, i couldnt even relax because he commented on every single thing i picked up "Oh thats half price" or "I played that its excellent".

In the end i just walked out :D

The thing that really annoys me more than anything is not being able to sleep when I'm about to collapse of fatigue. I'm usually not mean or snappy but on certain occasions, say, school trips e.g. where people stay up the whole night (not drinking or anything of the sort, we're not allowed to anyway), simply staying in the bedchambers making noise... It's completely fine until 2-3 o'clock but when it's 5 o'clock and the idiots are jumping over your mattress, I could just scream...

Same goes for when my idiot brother plays his Drum&Bass "music" (as he likes to call it) at 3 am in the night when I have an exam the next day or something...:D

I might add that the latter is old annoyance, I got moved to the huge garage a few months back and I can't hear a peep out of the other family members - the walls happen to be too thick! :D

I hate when people insist on telling me stories about things I couldn't care less about. I couldn't care less about most things, but all the same. I don't care about my cousin I've never (and will never) meet, and I don't care if you just died in that game because your gun is too heavy for you to run, and I REALLY don't care if some guy got his leg wedged between the bed and the wall when he caught the cat so he couldn't move while the cat went crazy.

See how annoying it is?

I hate when people insist on telling me stories about things I couldn't care less about.

I REALLY don't care if some guy got his leg wedged between the bed and the wall when he caught the cat so he couldn't move while the cat went crazy.

I really do understand, yet I still would like to hear the one with the cat going crazy and the leg wedged man ~ it's a combination worth knowing more about! :D

I hate when people insist on telling me stories about things I couldn't care less about. I couldn't care less about most things, but all the same. I don't care about my cousin I've never (and will never) meet, and I don't care if you just died in that game because your gun is too heavy for you to run, and I REALLY don't care if some guy got his leg wedged between the bed and the wall when he caught the cat so he couldn't move while the cat went crazy.

I agree, when someone starts a sentence with "this funny thing happened at work today" i switch off. I don't know anybody you work with and so i don't care :D

Only in my case, it's usually completely quiet but I just can't shut my mind off, which is incredibly frustrating.

The same here really, only then I don't have anyone to be frustrated at!:D It happens rarely with me though, last time it worked to pick up my huge geology book from school and read about all the different type of stones an-ZzzZZzzz.....

You would think they let you browse more people that browse would buy more than they intended to.

Idolts on the road that what bugs me.

There a road we use that 2 lanes then merges in to one people have got to merge at the last minute.

I agree, when you feel under pressure to buy something you are more likely to just turn heel and exit, even on principle alone. I wont ever buy anything when an assistant gets pushy thats the way i am.

As for the road, i understand, the amount of terrible drivers out there is scary. Worst habit ever for me is tailgating, it makes my blood just boil over :D

People telling me their life story. To be fair this one's usually saved for when I'm already in a bad mood. Obviously I don't mind friendly people but it always seems to be that when I have a million things to do at work a customer will grab me who insists on telling me about the work they're having done on their house, the ins and outs of life in their family and a thousand other things I don't care about.

I have to keep telling myself they don't know they're holding me up and that I'm just being grumpy.

It rarely helps my quietly boiling rage.

When people expect you to drop everything for them without notice and being told by your SiL that coming to her sons birthday should be no problem for you as you have no children (read life).

When people expect you to drop everything for them without notice and being told by your SiL that coming to her sons birthday should be no problem for you as you have no children (read life).

I HATE that! Even if I'm not overtly doing anything else, I like to have some notice in advance, thanks!

Today, people jumping in front of me and asking who i am voting for. I wouldn't mind but its every 2 minutes!!! :D You jumping in front of me isn't going to make me vote for your party, now go away!