What really bugs you?

Chimera

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and on a lighter but no less irksome note bra straps that constantly fall off your shoulder no matter how tight :D

There is nothing about bras that doesn't bug me. I hate them! I especially hate shopping for them. I recently spent ages looking at bras and trying them on, using some whizz-bang helpful system that the store had set up. Even then, I had to take one back because it was too small, and the other one I bought doesn't seem much better. I swear they fit me very well in the shop! Grr.

I work with a woman in a very small work environment who is a half step away from ignoring me totally. I've hit the stage where I wish she would, at least there would be an honesty to it.

That's awful. I don't know how anyone could ignore you Chrissy. I would love to work with such a lovely person. It's very much her loss. :irked:

That's awful. I don't know how anyone could ignore you Chrissy. I would love to work with such a lovely person. It's very much her loss. :irked:

Thanks Kylie. :D I think part of it is that she is best buds with one of the two other people there, so doesn't to interact with me as she might if that were not the case.

Oh, so it's a bit of a clique, is it? I hate those. I felt left out of things for a long time in my department because three of the staff had been working together for a long time. They weren't particularly welcoming to new people (they weren't rude, but they didn't go out of their way to make you feel welcome).

There have been some staff changes since so it's not as bad. I still feel a bit out of things because I do different work to the rest of the group and sit apart from them, but I don't mind because I prefer to be left alone to do my own work and not have to worry about being sociable. :irked:

I know what you mean Kylie, and that's one of the things I like about my job, the fact that we don't have to know all about each other's lives and business, but can still work together as a good team without all the bitching and gossiping. Now that's one thing I do hate, although I must admit that I am sometimes guilty of it ! :irked: Perhaps I should look in the mirror before I criticise others.

Sitting in the library trying to work when a group of people come in together, all laughing and messing around, getting no work done and distracting others. Trust me, when it is them trying to do their dissertation I'm going to come back and :irked: them off so much!!! :D

Slugs eating my lettuce seedlings, and nextdoors cat thinking my yard is a latrine.

See above. I'm thinking of buying a pellet gun...:irked:

See above. I'm thinking of buying a pellet gun...:irked:

If I catch it, I'm gonna skin it and use it as a pyjama case.

The same furry horror creates mayhem every year and kills the blackbird fledgings that nest in my tree.

People arriving late to the cinema and coming in disrupting everyone else after the film has started. If you can't turn up on time, don't bother coming!

Totally agree with this.

I know its sad but I don't even like people coming in once lights have gone down cos I feel that the trailers are part of the whole cinema experience.

Yeah, I really think there should be a rule about it so that latecomers are denied entrance! You wouldn't get away with it in a theatre so a cinema should be no different. I missed several moments of the film last night as people were still arriving about twenty minutes in! Coupled with the fact that I don't know how people can be content to watch a film that they've missed the beginning of.

Sitting in the library trying to work when a group of people come in together, all laughing and messing around, getting no work done and distracting others. Trust me, when it is them trying to do their dissertation I'm going to come back and :irked: them off so much!!! :D

Ahh see, we at uni have this love two parts in our library. One's for groups, where you can talk, do group assignments etc. The other is a strict silence zone, just work alone, no talking, not even whispering. They have someone present at all time to keep this in check.

Blessed silence.

Yeah, I really think there should be a rule about it so that latecomers are denied entrance! You wouldn't get away with it in a theatre so a cinema should be no different.

I love the trailers at the theatre, too! Quick, exciting tasters of plays coming soon...

"This summer...crime has a new adversary...and the fun never stops!"

(I was using a deep-voiced font there, did you notice?) :irked:

not sure if I've posted this already, and a bit long-winded, but bear with me!

One thing that really annoys me is..

When you're at a pelican crossing and have pushed the button, someone walks up to the other side and pushes it as well, like as if I'd be standing there waiting if I hadn't pushed it, right?

But that's only half of it, the other day I walked up to a crossing, and seeing a person on the other side, I didn't push my button because I didn't want to be one of those annoying people who pushes the button for no reason.

Imagine my annoyance when after waiting for a good couple of minutes, I noticed that they hadn't pushed the button their side!! :tong:

and also people continually push the button as if its going to make the lights change quicker!!

Grrrrrr!!

not sure if I've posted this already, and a bit long-winded, but bear with me!

One thing that really annoys me is..

When you're at a pelican crossing and have pushed the button, someone walks up to the other side and pushes it as well, like as if I'd be standing there waiting if I hadn't pushed it, right?

But that's only half of it, the other day I walked up to a crossing, and seeing a person on the other side, I didn't push my button because I didn't want to be one of those annoying people who pushes the button for no reason.

Imagine my annoyance when after waiting for a good couple of minutes, I noticed that they hadn't pushed the button their side!! :tong:

and also people continually push the button as if its going to make the lights change quicker!!

Grrrrrr!!

There is supposed to be a thing underneath that you can turn to speed the lights up. I don't know if it's true though as I've never tried it. Knowing my luck I'd end up with someone elses gum on my fingers, blech!:lol:

today I had to go to the bank because after several attempts to phone them, i couldn't get through.

So I had to go in my lunch break which in itself is bad enough because I knew I wouldn't get any food.

So I go in, and i wait 30 minutes for one person to be served!!

then I wait another 30 minutes for the rest of the queue to be served.

So I get to the counter and the horribly smarmy woman tells me that they don't process anything in-branch any more and that I would have to phone.

:tong:

Banks are SO rubbish nowadays. Anyone recommend a decent bank where you can actually talk to a person face to face?

There is supposed to be a thing underneath that you can turn to speed the lights up. I don't know if it's true though as I've never tried it. Knowing my luck I'd end up with someone elses gum on my fingers, blech!:lol:

Yeah, there used to be a dial thing which changed the rate of changing, but I don't think they have them any more because of people twiddling them all the time! :tong:

Ahh see, we at uni have this love two parts in our library. One's for groups, where you can talk, do group assignments etc. The other is a strict silence zone, just work alone, no talking, not even whispering. They have someone present at all time to keep this in check.

Blessed silence.

Our Uni library has the same thing as well but they came into the silent zone. You can understand my frustration :tong:

My uni has a silent floor too but I find that when I'm there, the sound of the tapping keyboard annoys me because I can't block it out. So I just stick to the regular floor and block out the speaking. For some reason that works and I can't ignore the keyboard.:tong:

While I was writing my dissertation at the British Library last summer, there was this guy who used to come and sit at the desk next to me, read about a page, then roll his woolly hat down over his eyes and go to sleep. Pretty much every day he'd snore for hours on end while I was trying to make sense of Shakespearean criticism, I wasn't amused at all yet I'm so much of a pushover I never got a librarian to kick him out. I should have, really.

People arriving late to the cinema and coming in disrupting everyone else after the film has started. If you can't turn up on time, don't bother coming!

Oh me too Mexicola, that really annoys me, especially when they talk while sitting or shout to someone to tell them where they are sitting:tong: