What really bugs you?

Chimera

I'm considering it for tomorrow. :lol: But if people don't move when you give them a nudge, you generally get the impression they just don't care about anyone but themselves. What's even more frustrating is that at the next stop she moves away to go and find a seat whereas I wait until last to get on the train purposely because I get off a couple of stops later (this way I'm in no-one's way in between stations).

That is so rude and inconsiderate, some people heads are in the clouds aren't they?, I hope it improves, you are more patient than me :D

Slightly off topic, I used to get a bus to work and every morning a woman got on the stop after mines and every morning she would complain to the driver about him being late by 2 minutes, she stopped doing it after it was pointed out to her that she is making herself and others late by standing there moaning!

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with all of the above and add to it the people that have conversations with their friends in doorways/across aisles/across pavements/anywhere where it's obvious most people will need to walk.

Whta makes it worse is if you walk towards them, they move out the way and when you pass they go back to their original stupid position. Just get out of the way!

Kylie, that's one rude person! You need to give her a piece of your mind :D Your train experiences just reminded me of mine: I hate getting off the train at BF's station because the bus to BF's part of town leaves in 3 or so minutes after the train has arrived and if the train is late I might not catch the bus and would sometimes have to wait for an hour to get to the next one. So I usually get off my seat pretty early and make sure I'm the first to stand infront of the door and to get off the train. Well, everytime I open the door, there are loads of people waiting to get on the train, and they NEVER seem to understand that they're simply not going to get on the train before they let me off the train. They just stand there and stare at me and wait for me to get out of the way, which is pretty hard when they're standing in the way. If I wasn't always in a hurry to get on the bus I wouldn't mind standing there till they'd apologise and make way for me :lol:

That's another big hate of mine on trains Frankie. I can't believe people don't understand that they're only holding everyone up by blocking their way. I have long since learnt to just walk straight as though they're not there and if they're not quick enough to get out of my way I just barge into them. Rude, yes, but like I said in an earlier post, I have my limits. :lol:

That's another big hate of mine on trains Frankie. I can't believe people don't understand that they're only holding everyone up by blocking their way. I have long since learnt to just walk straight as though they're not there and if they're not quick enough to get out of my way I just barge into them. Rude, yes, but like I said in an earlier post, I have my limits. :D

You certainly have my blessing! There's not much else to do, anyway. I definitely wouldn't try the "Excuse me but could I just go here.." as if I really had to ask their permission.

I'm due for another train trip tomorrow :lol:

Taxi companies who give your friend a false number for another company when you are drunk and stuck in the middle of nowhere :) It was hilarious however haha.

I second that Sarah. I HATE public face-eating or even just googley eyes and soppy mush. ICK. I wouldn't even hold my BFs' hands in public, never have and never will. Most never minded. I don't have a problem with other people holding hands, I might add, I just feel like I'm making a statement if I do it and I have no inclination towards making such a statement.

:D No, but we have no choice as they do it on every channel with every variety of show. Do you not have them that frequently?

I've noticed this years ago, they always used to go to commercials but when they showed the series in Finland there were no commercials and they'd just go on with the show and make the same announcements as they did just before going to commercials. I asked my friend who's been to USA for an exchange year and she said that's another commercial break and they've just cut out the commercials off the show in Finland. Here we used to have like three commercial breaks for 40-50 minute shows and one break for 20-30 minute shows but now there are new regulations since the beginning of this year so no there's more I think.

:D No, but we have no choice as they do it on every channel with every variety of show. Do you not have them that frequently?

In the UK we have them every 10-15 mins, on most channels. On ESPN America they seem to be every 5-10 mins and they are the same ones over and over, if there's a TO there's a break, someone scores there's a break, somoene's injured - a break its like they are trying to brainwash you.

With our live sport in the UK we have absolutely no commercials whatsoever during play regardless of the channel its on, apart from with cricket or boxing.

People who are totally illogical.

Like, saying you're going to do something without actually asking the relevant authority and later saying, 'why does everyone think we're doing this? I haven't even asked.' Maybe, just maybe, because you said it?

A quick question for you and it wont work unless you are honest!

Were you ever stuck behind a person in a queue in a shop and you just wanted to pay for your few items and go but the person ahead of you was paying for their item with lots of coins just to "get rid of the change", so this delayed you and everyone else as the small change was counted out individually until the price was reached!

Now i was often stuck behind such a person and am ashamed to say it annoyed me lots, i was just thinking "for Gods sake just hand her a tenner and be done!" and today i was in the situation where i wanted rid of all my petty cash and i sensed the annoyance of my fellow customers but i cant be sure.

Question is: would this annoy you or would you just be thinking "he has cash to get rid of him, fair enough"? Honesty, people!!:D

I hate being stuck behind said people, so when I go to the shops I always bring change in 1s, 2s, 5s, 10s, 20s and a 50 adding up to about €2, as well as any €1 and €2 I have, so no matter what the cost is (e.g. 7.76 - €2, 3x20c, 10c, 3x2c) I can have it exact and ready in seconds. Being a cashier for years helps the quick caculations of silly coins :D

I agree, I hate that too.

As a former cashier it was so annoying because you couldn't hurry people along but at the place I worked we were actually timed for how fast we were able to finish with each customer. These people always brought down our 'performance' levels.

Thankfully more people are using cards these days. Now I get annoyed when someone waits to start writing their check until after everything has been rung up.

Well I don't particularly enjoy a customer infront of me paying their purchases with the smallest coins, especially if I'm in a hurry and there aren't any other cashiers around, but it's still money and money's still good in stores so there's not a whole lot of reason in resenting it. I pay in small coins myself sometimes, but I usually look around to see that there aren't people behind me in line so I won't take their time.

Were you ever stuck behind a person in a queue in a shop and you just wanted to pay for your few items and go but the person ahead of you was paying for their item with lots of coins just to "get rid of the change", so this delayed you and everyone else as the small change was counted out individually until the price was reached!

Now i was often stuck behind such a person and am ashamed to say it annoyed me lots, i was just thinking "for Gods sake just hand her a tenner and be done!" and today i was in the situation where i wanted rid of all my petty cash and i sensed the annoyance of my fellow customers but i cant be sure.

Question is: would this annoy you or would you just be thinking "he has cash to get rid of him, fair enough"? Honesty, people!!:lol:

Doesn't really annoy me, if I am in a normal mood. I work at the register myself and often say to people, when I see they have lots of small change in their wallets, that I don't mind if they pay with that. Seriously, nothing sadder (okay there is, but you know what I mean) than an old man/woman paying with ten euros for something like 1,20, while they have a wallet full of change. Just because they're afraid people will get annoyed. :D I say, :D them and just pay with the small change.

That said, incidentally I do have these moods, when I am very cranky, that I can't stand it. But in these moods I really shouldn't go to the stores, or anywhere there are people, for then I get homicidal tendencies. :D

I pay for almost everything with cards, and when I do use cash, I always have it out and ready. I've worked in stores for most of my life, so I try to make the cashiers' jobs easier if I can.

Another thing that bugs me: people who lie and aren't shamed of it. This is why I distrust all politicians. They don't even flinch when they're caught in a lie. They think they can get by with just insisting that they're right, even when it's being proven to them that they aren't telling the truth! :D

Doesn't really annoy me, if I am in a normal mood. I work at the register myself and often say to people, when I see they have lots of small change in their wallets, that I don't mind if they pay with that. Seriously, nothing sadder (okay there is, but you know what I mean) than an old man/woman paying with ten euros for something like 1,20, while they have a wallet full of change. Just because they're afraid people will get annoyed. :D I say, :D them and just pay with the small change.

That said, incidentally I do have these moods, when I am very cranky, that I can't stand it. But in these moods I really shouldn't go to the stores, or anywhere there are people, for then I get homicidal tendencies. :D

Know what you mean. i usually like to get rid of coins when paying for items but its usually 50 cents or euros so its not that long and i dont fancy breaking 10 or 20euro notes when i dont have to.

Shops and mannerisms in shops can drive the most placid person insane. I have respect for people who work in the public eye as it cant be easy to deal with arrogant or rude people daily but having said that there are plenty of rude people working in the shops and if i get any grief off any worker then they get it straight back.

Question is: would this annoy you or would you just be thinking "he has cash to get rid of him, fair enough"? Honesty, people!!;)

Doesn't really annoy me, if I am in a normal mood. I work at the register myself and often say to people, when I see they have lots of small change in their wallets, that I don't mind if they pay with that. Seriously, nothing sadder (okay there is, but you know what I mean) than an old man/woman paying with ten euros for something like 1,20, while they have a wallet full of change. Just because they're afraid people will get annoyed. :lol: I say, :D them and just pay with the small change.

Sometimes it can be annoying when I'm in a bit of a mood anyway but I just think about the fact that it's only really a few seconds. Unless it's at a train station and some git is faffing about at the ticket booth. "Err and, errr, what if I want to, errr, get a train to Reading and come back three days from now but on the way there I want to travel, errr, first class and on the way back I just want a standard fare?"

But it annoys me just as much when someone buys something small and pays with a note when I can see loads of change in their purse/wallet. Especially if it menas giving the little change I have in the till to them.

Rant over.

Also people who run off to get something else that they have forgotten :D

That is one of my biggest annoyances. So rude. Or people who place an order at a bar and just keep adding to it or slowly asking their friends if they want anything.

Another thing that bugs me: people who lie and aren't shamed of it. This is why I distrust all politicians. They don't even flinch when they're caught in a lie. They think they can get by with just insisting that they're right, even when it's being proven to them that they aren't telling the truth! :D

Yes. I've worked in jobs where there's always been at least one compulsive liar. Maybe there's one in every workplace. It's made me hate liars probably more than I should.

What's also annoying is if you know someone's lying but you can't call them a liar because if you do they'll do the "Are you calling me a liar?!" thing. Acting insulted even though they actually are lying. Grrr.

• 3 weeks later...

Most of these (no, in fact all of them!) are work related. Outside of work I'm pretty laid back and easy going, but work can turn my into a raving loony! The worst things are:

- People who just completely ignore my emails!!

- When I'm waiting for somebody to do something, because I can't do what I need to do until they have done what they need to do, and I can see that they are just sat there on the internet! And what annoys me even more is the fact that I'm too quiet to say anything about it! :friends0:

- The fact that in winter our office is sauna temperatue, and in summer it is so cold you need to dress like you are going on an artic expedition. Just leave the air conditioning alone!!!

- When people boil the kettle, then leave their cup next to it for ages but don't actually pour a drink, which means you have to wait ages to use the kettle so that you don't streal their water! Gggrr!!

OK, I feel better now!