Darling, Delectable, Delicious Dexter

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: I was a fan of the first season on the television series Dexter. which i believe is based on the first novel. is this series of books raunchy? or dirty? other than the killing of course?

I've only watched a couple of episodes of the first series, but (as far as I can remember :blush: ) there is very little, if not no, sexual content in the books. Try the first book in the series, I found them better than the TV show. :D

Hmmm! Where did Charm's post about Deaver signing Ceinwenn's copy go?? 

mtjm: Here's the correct order for you:

Darkly Dreaming Dexter (2004)

Dearly Devoted Dexter (2005)

Dexter in the Dark (2007)

Dexter by Design (2009)

Dexter is Delicious (2010)

Edit: :lol: Silly me!! Of course the Deaver post would be in the Jeffery DEAVER thread, not the Lindsay one!

Edited by frankie

Hmmm! Where did Charm's post about Deaver signing Ceinwenn's copy go??

Edit: :lol: Silly me!! Of course the Deaver post would be in the Jeffery DEAVER thread, not the Lindsay one!

I was just about to say that, then I read your edit! :haha: You silly sausage :hug:

• 2 months later...

I just read the first dexter book... LOVED IT. it was a lot like the first season of the television show, however there are some big differences too. I loved it and can't wait to read the rest of the books.

Glad you enjoyed it mtjm :D Wait til you read the second one, it's even better! ;)

I want to try the Dexter series at one point, is the tv show similar to the books? I only watched season one :)

I'm not really sure, I just watched one or two episodes of the 1st series and believe it or not, I wasn't too keen on it :blush: I think the books are brilliant though! :huh:

Weave, apart from the first season the TV series differs completely from the books. And there are even some differences between the first book and the first season. I'm totally in love with the TV series and would recommend it to anyone who's curious about it :smile2:

Just got books 2 and 3... going to read em over the weekend!!! :readingtwo:

Finished the second, and I am 120 pages into the third.

I wasn't as big of a fan off the second as I was the first. It seemed to be a bit dull. It was a little more of a chase novel as opposed to the smart sauvy first novel. The third novel thus far is very interesting and I like the dark passenger story so far. Curious as to how it ends, will probably finish today, then I will respond to that one as well.

EDIT::Finished the Third Novel. I loved it. I don't want to put spoilers on here, but it was very good. Looking forward to the next.

Edited by mtjm

• 2 months later...

I'm about half way through the first novel and I've avoided the tv series until I've read the novels. If I watch the series before I read the books it always puts me off reading.

It's an absolute corker. Can't wait to read the others. :D

I'm about half way through the first novel and I've avoided the tv series until I've read the novels. If I watch the series before I read the books it always puts me off reading.

It's an absolute corker. Can't wait to read the others. :D

Yay! Another Dexter fan! :D So pleased you're enjoying the Delectable Dexter, the second in the series is my favourite, hope you like it too! ;)

( I adored the books, wasn't too keen on the TV series though, go figure :shrug: )

• 4 months later...

Wohoo darling Dexterettes! I just found out that the 6th novel, Double Dexter, is coming out in September/October! It's on pre-order mode on play.com, among other places. Wiki doesn't have any info on the book but who cares as long as there's one to come! :exc:

• 11 months later...

Has anyone read the sixth novel, the Double Dexter? It's been out many months now but I've been waiting for a paperback copy, should check out if there's one out now. I wonder if there are other Dexter novels in the making, wiki didn't know or didn't say.

Edit: Went to fantasticfiction.co.uk and there it said that Dexter's Debut, a new novel is coming out in October, 2012! Wohoo :D What an odd title, though. I wonder what it can be about.

Oooh a lovely addition to my list. The world is always rosier after some righteous, violent slaughter :D

You said it :lol: I'm so delighted Lindsay keeps writing these books, I was worried after the third book that he'd be running out of ideas. Fat chance of that :D

I've been waiting for Double Dexter to come down in price for the kindle, now I've reserved it at the library instead - feeling good about that now because I've been neglecting the library recently :D

I'm looking forward to being reunited with that Delicious Dexter, I've missed him!

Edited by pipread