All new What's for dinner?

Nici

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chicken for me too when I get home tonight. Not sure how I'm going to fix it, but if I'm smart it'll involve lots of white wine and spinach, among other yummy creamy things, lol.

I had a chippy, i had one yesterday but knocked it on the floor as my table fell >_< So made up for that!

Dale is having spicy chicken breasts and waffles, Xander just had baked potato with cheese followed by egg custard, and I'm making a HUGE pot of vegetarian chilli for me to have some tonight and freeze the rest in portions - should be enough for 5 or 6 decent sized portions in that pot! Tonight I'll be having it on polenta - yummy!

Bought mince and couldn't decide what to do with it today, then found a recipe for mince with savoury herby scone topping. Might to extra veg with it too.

I gave Xander carrot, cauliflower and potato with smoked haddock mixed into it and he ate almost all of it! Fair enough I had to intersperse it with egg custard in order to trick him into opening his mouth half the time, but he did so well that I broke into spontaneous applause when he'd had enough! :)

Dale and I are having smoked haddock too, but Dale's having his with pasta and cheese, whereas I'm having mine with polenta, fine beans and spinach - yummy!

Edited by Kell

I'm making a big pot of one if my favourite soups - roasted tomato and red pepper:

Cut up a load of cherry tomatoes, red peppers, red onions and a couple of garlic cloves. Brush the onion and garlic with a little chilli-infused olive oil, and whack into the oven for half an hour on 180C.

Pop the whole lot in the food processor and whizz smooth. Pour into a pan and add an equal amount of stock (veg or chicken both work well). Add some basil and oregano, a little salt and lashings of black pepper with a touch of cayenne pepper. Simmer a while then serve with crusty bread.

The best thing is it's great for dieting as it has very few calories, and it's versatile - leave out the stock and you have a great pasta sauce!