Michelle

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are they showing the whole thing?

I tried watching it on the Red Button this weekend, expecting it to be the full program, but found that they have split it up into several parts.

Yes! From the BBC website:

The fabulous full-length feature version of Dreamland will be broadcast on Saturday 5 December on CBBC on BBC Two from 10.00-10.45am. So instead of bite-size chunks, you can feast upon the whole 45 minute adventure in one sitting! And if you want to watch the animated adventure in all its HD glory, it will also be available on BBC HD.

I'm watching it on the red button on Freeview but it's proving to be a bit of a pain. You never know when an episode is starting, so you just have to press the red button and watch with the sound off, waiting for the episode to begin, so you end up seeing spoilers etc. If they'd said earlier that it was going to be on on 5th December, I would just have waited for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This will give you an overview of Doctor Who.

From what you have said, I think you may have come in on the end of the most recent series, which is the fourth since the series returned in 2005 (after a 16 year break!).

The first episode of the new run of Doctor Who started Christopher Eccleston as the Doctor, and it starts from the basic premise that people may not have seen the series before.

The first episode of that series was called Rose.

• 2 weeks later...

:friends0:

Just got round to watching Dr Who from Christmas Day (better late than never)... wow!!!!

Can't believe David Tennant's leaving, New Year's Day's ep is going to be so sad!!!

It's great to see Donna and the Master and Wilf..... little disappointed that Rose wasn't in the ep but guess you can't have everything...

And good luck to the new guy, what a role to try to fill!

I've watched Dr Who for as long as I can remember but I guess 'my' Doctor growing up was Sylvestor McCoy - I know a lot of people didn't like his portrayal but I loved the relationship between and Ace, and her back story in The Curse of Fenric - an episode which actually gave me nightmares at the time!!!

Scariest ever Dr Who villian for me? The Cybermen.... definitely a hide-behind-the-sofa moment whenever they're on!!!

x

I watched it on Boxing Day and enjoyed it, so I'm looking forward to the 2nd episode. :D

"My" Doctor was Tom Baker - the best one! :friends0: (Although I did like McCoy - he injected a little manic humour after the dour and pompous Colin Baker).

My first Doctor is David Tennant (although I have since seen Christopher Eccleston too) so it's going to be a bit teary when he goes :friends0: I really enjoyed Christmas day's episode. It was great to have Donna and Wilf back. I'm looking forward to New Year's Days episode but I really don't want him to leave :D

Just want to add that I thought the Christmas Day episode was fantastic. The Timelords are back, how interesting. Wonder what surprises they will through at us on New Years day..

It's great to see Donna and the Master and Wilf..... little disappointed that Rose wasn't in the ep but guess you can't have everything...

.. wouldn't lose hope yet. Some old favourites are still going to be returning I would have thought, including Captain Jack.

I think I'm going to be the only one who didn't like it then :friends0:

The script was a mess, it just seemed like an opportunity before he left for RTD to cram in all the things he hadn't managed to crowbar into the series so far and an excuse to go overboard with SFX.

Not my cup of tea, I'm afraid. I will watch the second part, and I'll probably cry at the end of the tenth Doctors time, but these aren't my favourite style of stories and I'm now looking forward to the new era with Matt Smith and Steven Moffat.

I agree with you chesilbeach, I wanted to like it and there were some enjoyable parts but as ever RTD has written a terrible episode again. As a long time Dr Who fan (my first doctor was Jon Pertwee) I was glad that it was bought back and Tennant has done a wonderful job its just there have been some really terrible episodes and RTD seems to have written most of them.