Dr Who

Michelle

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Three left to go ... the next one The Waters of Mars should be November time in the UK...

There is a rumour doing the rounds that The Waters of Mars may be screened on Halloween evening, as October 31st is a Saturday.

... then two more which are being suggested will be one at Christmas and one at New Year.

Plus two episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures and, as another rumour has it, another Children in Need special.

There is a rumour doing the rounds that The Waters of Mars may be screened on Halloween evening, as October 31st is a Saturday.

I hope that's true - I always thought the November date was a bit odd, as all the others have been tied into a bank holiday.

Plus two episodes of The Sarah Jane Adventures and, as another rumour has it, another Children in Need special.

That's right, plus there's still the rumours doing the rounds about a possible film. I know there was no announcement as everyone expected at Comic-Con, but there is still a possibility of it, as I think the BBC have said they're considering a feature (film).

Anyone desperate for a Doctor Who fix?

The Doctor Who Confidential team have produced three new hour-long documentaries, Doctor Who's Greatest Moments. The episode titles are The Doctor, Companions and Enemies, will include interviews with David Tennant, Freema Agyeman, Georgia Moffett, David Morrissey and John Barrowman and will be shown in the UK on BBC3 on Thursday, 20 August 2009 at 8:00 pm.

Going along those lines, I suspect it should really be called "Russell T Davies' Doctor Who's Greatest Moments"! I'm thinking it was a good excuse to get all the old team back together for a few days (RTD, David Tennant, Julie Gardner, Phil Collinson plus directors, crew and actors), on the premise of recording some interviews, then have a huge party to celebrate the end of an era.

:)

You're right, his Doctor Who pedigree is amazing, and he's set himself such a high standard of writing that I hope he can live up to it. That said, I'm actively avoiding my usual Doctor Who forum until the next series airs, as I'd like to avoid as many spoilers as possible before the new series airs, and I'm intrigued to know how he's going to handle balancing the exec producer responsibilities with the writing ones. I'm hoping he doesn't go along the RTD route and try to write too many episodes in the series.

I don't think RTDs problem was the number of episodes he wrote; it was more what he wrote.

I'm not a huge fan of a lot of his stories (the Slitheen stories and the Master two-parter for example), but I have to admit that he did turn out some very good stories at the same time (Midnight, Love and Monsters, Doomsday etc).

Which Doctor Who forum is it that you are avoiding now, out of interest?

I don't think RTDs problem was the number of episodes he wrote; it was more what he wrote.

I'm not a huge fan of a lot of his stories (the Slitheen stories and the Master two-parter for example), but I have to admit that he did turn out some very good stories at the same time (Midnight, Love and Monsters, Doomsday etc).

I think the first series was his best, when he'd had years to dream about all those Doctor Who stories he would write if the series was still going, and he wasn't under the time pressure of exec producing and writing at the same time. After the first series, I think he should have handed over more episodes to other writers.

My favourites of his are Boom Town, Love and Monsters and Tooth and Claw. I think his most disappointing stories were the season finales, trying to be too big and epic, and throwing everything except the kitchen sink into them. There are scenes in all of the them I love but on the whole I think they were average at best (and I'll never forgive him for Last of the Timelords).

Which Doctor Who forum is it that you are avoiding now, out of interest?

Doctor Who Online - I joined because I used to listen to The Whocast, and they linked up after a while. I even sent in some reviews and was one of the live reviewers on a few episodes of the podcast during series three.

Doctor Who Online - I joined because I used to listen to The Whocast, and they linked up after a while. I even sent in some reviews and was one of the live reviewers on a few episodes of the podcast during series three.

I listen to the Whocast, but I didn't start until the beginning of this year - I'll have to look up some of the earlier ones sometime!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...